Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Wigan on general sale

Maximum 5 operators during close season, 4200 tickets to sell (after 800 away ST holders).

It''s not physically possibe for 1 operator to sell 1000 tickets a day.

I expect us to sell 2-3000 by close of play Friday.

i am now in the queue to!! i reckon they only started taking calls at 9am

[quote user="諾維奇城"]i am now in the queue to!! i reckon they only started taking calls at 9am[/quote]

Surely they can''t do that can they?

[quote user="norfolkchance1"][quote user="諾維奇城"]i am now in the queue to!! i reckon they only started taking calls at 9am[/quote] Surely they can''t do that can they?[/quote]

Why not?  The club isnt going to have a 24 hour ticket line just because people are getting into a panic and wanting their tickets now.  Calm down, theres a lot of tickets and the game is still 2 and a half weeks away

"Why not? The club isnt going to have a 24 hour ticket line just because people are getting into a panic and wanting their tickets now. Calm down, theres a lot of tickets and the game is still 2 and a half weeks away"

Because the official website says the phone lines open at 8:

Carrow Road Ticket Office:

9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (phone lines open 8am to 6pm) and 9am to 2pm on a non-home match Saturday.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/HowToBook/0,,10355,00.html

It took me 162 calls to get through - got in the queue almost as soon as it turned 9am though. Could be something in the theory that they weren''t taking calls before that, or maybe they only had one person working 8 - 9 then 4 or 5 after 9.

Can''t remember anyone demanding 24 hour lines however lines were meant to open at 8 am and perhaps it is only coincidental that after trying for an hour I got through to the queue more or less dead on 9 am.

No panic here Barclay hero, personally I was just having a bit of fun with it, building up the part but of course you are an old hand at all this and take a lofty view.

pip pip!

They were definitely taking calls at 8 as my mate got his bang on 8 o''clock! Although he did have him, his brother and his dad all ringing at the same time!

Drove to the ground, about a dozen in the queue in front of me, many of them picking up u21 season tickets, back in the car within 10 minutes with my ticket stress free.

Why did you try 80 times before 8am when the lines didn''t open until 8?

Going to wait a while for the lines to calm down to get mine.

Not at all Ruddy Wizard old boy - if one was talking ironically that is fine

Personally Im going to try and wander down the ticket office at lunchtime and see how the queues are - if its too busy I''ll leave it and try again tomorrow, hoping I dont end up with egg on my face and missing the deadline....

[quote user="Harry"]Drove to the ground, about a dozen in the queue in front of me, many of them picking up u21 season tickets, back in the car within 10 minutes with my ticket stress free.[/quote]Same, although I biked instead of drove. [;)]

I didnt try 80 times before 8am obviously because the phone lines were shut! i tried 80 times last night and the queue was full everytime

So i rang at 8 this morning and got through immediately

Got ours now. Checked and was told no tickets were sold yesterday by 2nd person. So don''t know how people who are saying them got them unless they are an Away Season ticket holder. Anyway aren''t bothered - anyone who wants to know should ring club.

Spent two hours ringing up before in queue, think system is ridiculous. Making money out of calls not getting through doesn''t seem fair - would rather get an engaged tone or be in a longer queue but getting knocked back and trying again is a joke.

Also tickets are for over 65 for senior citizens which is in conflict of what was on website apparently. Maybe left hand should know what right hand is doing.

No need to apologise Harry, I would have probably said same thing myself in similar circumstances.

[quote user="norfolkchance"]Got ours now. Checked and was told no tickets were sold yesterday by 2nd person. So don''t know how people who are saying them got them unless they are an Away Season ticket holder. Anyway aren''t bothered - anyone who wants to know should ring club. [/quote]

Well they''re lying to you, as I most certianly bought one yesterday.

I bought my ticket yesterday at about 5:50pm so tickets were definately sold yesterday!

went to tkt office this morning as couldnt get through on phones. queued for 15 mins and got the 8 tkts i needed stress-free!

happy days - otbc

[quote user="Pabs"]went to tkt office this morning as couldnt get through on phones. queued for 15 mins and got the 8 tkts i needed stress-free! happy days - otbc[/quote]

I sent the mrs down there to get them as I couldnt get through by phone either!

i got on the phone at 8.55 this morning, got refused once then called back straight after and got through... I was 4th in the queue straight away ( work that one out)? Anyway while i was on the line the man that talks while u wait told me that there was no more tickets available for wigan at this present time. so i hung on just in case i was put straight through and got 5 tickets! WOW is all i say to that, someone just told me and the ticket line was closed earlier due to the high activity.

Got my three now. I realised when on hold that it''s my wedding anniversary. I''m sure she''ll understand [:D]