Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Henri Lansbury is set to join Norwich for £1.5million

For under 2 million he is a steal! Would absolutely love this to happen!

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]Would be a top signing, don''t want to get my hopes up[/quote]I don''t believe it''s gonna happen for that sum...Just rubbish in a rubbish newspaper I fear. But I would welcome him back!!!!!

[quote user="ms miggins"]

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2585491/ShowPost.aspx

why do you all start talking now about it now? :!

[/quote]

1, Papers report we have made a cheeky bid of £1.5m - we all started to talk about it.

2, Papers report that offer rejected by Arsenal - we all stopped talking about it.

3, Papers reports that offer accepted by Arsenal - we all start talking about it AGAIN!

Not rocket science is it?

[quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="YellowLittle1"]Would be a top signing, don''t want to get my hopes up[/quote]I don''t believe it''s gonna happen for that sum...Just rubbish in a rubbish newspaper I fear. But I would welcome him back!!!!![/quote]

3 newspapers.

[quote user="donttalksquit"]Lansbury spotted ordering a milkshake at Little Thief at Thickthorn services.[/quote]

What flavour?

[quote user="donttalksquit"]Lansbury spotted ordering a milkshake at Little Thief at Thickthorn services.[/quote]

Lansbury just served me a milkshake at the Little Thief at Thickthorn services.....and a chocolate double choc chip muffin....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="donttalksquit"]Lansbury spotted ordering a milkshake at Little Thief at Thickthorn services.[/quote] Lansbury just served me a milkshake at the Little Thief at Thickthorn services.....and a chocolate double choc chip muffin....[/quote]

Was he doing The Dougie at the time as serving your milkshake? Bet it was the frothiest drink you''ve ever had!..

If he''d been buying a chocolate fudge flavour Frijj from Asda, this would''ve been more believable.

I don''t think he will come and especially at £1.5m.

However, he has been bombarded with messages on Twitter after showing up this afternoon. You would think it would be very easy for him to just deny there and then - but he hasn''t.

Sorry, but how does Aresnal being linked with Mata and Jagielka make sense that Lansbury would join us?

Because the money received from the sale of Lansbury could be built in to the financial model of the purchase of Mata and Jagielka.  Clearly, having some small grasp of maths, I appreciate the difference between £34m and £1.5m thank you, but that £34m becomes £32.5 which, albeit in a small way, helps the purchase.My point was that £1.5m could have been the difference in signing Mata and/or Jagielka and there the sale of Lansbury would make sense in order to increase the monies offered to those players.

[quote user="Stretcharm"]I don''t think he will come and especially at £1.5m. However, he has been bombarded with messages on Twitter after showing up this afternoon. You would think it would be very easy for him to just deny there and then - but he hasn''t.[/quote]

In fact the only thing hs has said (I have not looked recently) was something along the lines of  "Soooo what''s been happening on twitter?".

Just after he said that, he was asked about the £1.5m transfer on more than five occasions, so what it must be by now, I have no idea. He could of easily said there was nothing in the story. He''s probably just loving the attention and doesn''t want to lose followers.;)

Seen a rumour its £1.8m agreed. If this is true then it''s, potentially, a good bit of business.

[quote user="Barbie"]Seen a rumour its £1.8m agreed. If this is true then it''s, potentially, a good bit of business.
[/quote]

And nothing yet from Archant, thats because it ain''t going to happen!!

Wise up.

Arsene Wenger has just said in a press conference that he''s giving Lansbury a chance in the Arsenal first team this season. So that puts that one to bed unfortunately.

or maybe the ''consistently wrong'' sun was .....

.....................errrrr, wrong yet again

what a surprise

[quote user="City1st"]or maybe the ''consistently wrong'' sun was ..... .....................errrrr, wrong yet again what a surprise[/quote]

Or Wenger is saying I want more for him

[quote user="ryan1992"]

Would e a top signing and at that price, cold become one of the best deals this club has done. But, I think we still should be concentrating on a CB, especially now Ward is out for the start of the season.

[/quote]

Totally agree - Ward being out, we need to focus on that. Zak is not been in perfect fitness since joing us!

didn''t Emmanuel Thomas go to the scum for like a fee of 1. million odd? so isn''t it plausible that we could get Lansbury for a similar price?

"Or Wenger is saying I want more for him "

Yep, that''s it.

Which rather scuppers the sun''s story that he was joining City if that were the case. The not so dim however, might wonder why all other City transfers have been conducted by the clubs talking in private rather than in coded messages through one club''s website.

Still, there''s always -

NORWICH manager Paul Lambert wants Herita Ilunga to become his seventh summer signing.

NORWICH are ready to battle with Swansea to sign Tottenham youngster Steven Caulker, 19, on loan.

NORWICH boss Paul Lambert will bid £2million for Newcastle keeper Fraser Forster

NORWICH are lining up a swoop for Zavon Hines as they plan for life in the Premier League.

Published: 12 Jul 2011

Add a comment (3)

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3689340/Norwich-eye-West-Ham-flop-Herita-Ilunga.html#ixzz1TVo5CdzK

The " I have to give Lansbury a chance" quote could mean he is willing to let him leave Arsenal to give him his chance. Don''t see him getting anywhere near their first team and an Arsenal fan on the footymad site says there are more highly rated younsters ahead of him in Wengers plans. Either way I don''t see this deal as the make or break to our season.

No idea how respectable this website is, however the quote indicates he will be given a chance at Arsenal this year - http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/wenger-keen-on-lansbury-miyaichi-stay/

Seems lansbury is the new cody. Forget him and just think about our current team :)

[quote user="chris_sabian"]Arsene Wenger has just said in a press conference that he''s giving Lansbury a chance in the Arsenal first team this season. So that puts that one to bed unfortunately.[/quote]Is he really? What one game in the League Cup?

[quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="chris_sabian"]Arsene Wenger has just said in a press conference that he''s giving Lansbury a chance in the Arsenal first team this season. So that puts that one to bed unfortunately.[/quote]Is he really? What one game in the League Cup?[/quote]I was at that press conference and Wenger did indeed say that Lansbury has the talent to play for Arsenal this season and that he will get his chance - I think the injuries to Conor Henderson and Abou Diaby have moved Lansbury up the list not to mention Denilson being loaned out this year.It does seem to put the transfer stories to bed - although never say never.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="chris_sabian"]Arsene Wenger has just said in a press conference that he''s giving Lansbury a chance in the Arsenal first team this season. So that puts that one to bed unfortunately.[/quote]Is he really? What one game in the League Cup?[/quote]I was at that press conference and Wenger did indeed say that Lansbury has the talent to play for Arsenal this season and that he will get his chance - I think the injuries to Conor Henderson and Abou Diaby have moved Lansbury up the list not to mention Denilson being loaned out this year.It does seem to put the transfer stories to bed - although never say never.[/quote]Here are Wenger''s comment in full - "Lansbury

is in a situation where I believe he will make a career. At the moment it is a bit congested for him but I believe he

has the talent to play for Arsenal Football Club. I have to give

him a chance at some stage and as quickly as possible. I believe in

him. But if I honestly believe he will not play this season or has no

chance to compete for a position I will tell him and let him go.”To me it suggests that there could be a possibility come January if Lansbury doesn''t impress or potentially at the very end of the transfer window.However, I''ve just seen that Henri is appearing for the Arsenal XI game versus Boreham Wood tonight - which suggest he won''t appear in the Emirates Cup this weekend. All in all there are a lot of mixed messages.