Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

David Fox!!

Who else thinks Fox will be an absolute key player for us this season?

He has never really hit the spot light, but i think most Norwich fans came to appreciate how much he contributed last season. But as the season went on, his passing ability i thought became more and more prevalent.

It might be a bit over the top to say he is one of the best passers around, but certainly from how i saw it, he was quick and accurate which surely are two of the most key aspects of passing. He has great vision and movement which obviously helps.

I just think, with his ability from midfield, we will be able to create the chances needed to convert goals in the premiership. Its probably a source of unexpected creativity as well, everyone will be looking at Hoolahan, Bennett, Pilkington, Surman, Holt etc but i think Fox might just manage to steal the show.

Quality player, great vision and has really worked on the defensive side of his game...I think he''s as important as Hoolahan as he''s the player that enables the other midfielders (in more offensive areas) to get the ball early!

I''ve been raving about Fox for months, I honestly feel he was a key part in our getting promoted, his passing and vision from the base of the diamond is simply top-notch.

I recently told a few posters who had left Fox out of their ideal starting XI that in doing so they were showing that they simply didn''t know anything about football... harsh, perhaps, but that''s how strongly I feel Fox is a great player.

Thought for the last 1/3rd of the season he was our best player. Like a Norfolk Pirlo pulling the strings - if Paul Scholes had crossed that ball for Jackson MOTD would have been frothing at the mouth over it. He''s bloody brilliant.

Will be interesting to see how he performs this season - undoubtably a good passer of the ball who can spot other player''s runs well. He will have to be a bit quicker in his distribution in the Premier League though as teams will close down higher up the pitch reducing the time he has on the ball, if you watch some of the games from last season he is often allowed 4, 5 or 6 touches when setting himself up - this will not happen in the Premier League.

I''m sure he will be looking to prove a few people at Man U they were wrong to let him go.

Agree with all the comments above, probably are most under rated player and who was consistent week in week out. I actually think he is Lambert''s best signing as a Norwich manager, I know he has had him at Colchester but has vastly improved as last season went on.

Bethnal, I disagree about him having less time in the Premier League as I think there can be more space and hopefully Lambert will help him use that space better, plus I think if Johnson or Crofts are playing with him using 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 it will take pressure off Fox and give him more time. I think if a time comes where Fox is not getting enough time, the formation will adapt to him getting some, I think the same applies to Wes as well. One of the key things about being able to change the tactics.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]Agree with all the comments above, probably are most under rated player and who was consistent week in week out. I actually think he is Lambert''s best signing as a Norwich manager, I know he has had him at Colchester but has vastly improved as last season went on.

Bethnal, I disagree about him having less time in the Premier League as I think there can be more space and hopefully Lambert will help him use that space better, plus I think if Johnson or Crofts are playing with him using 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 it will take pressure off Fox and give him more time. I think if a time comes where Fox is not getting enough time, the formation will adapt to him getting some, I think the same applies to Wes as well. One of the key things about being able to change the tactics.[/quote]

There were some Opta Stats published at the end of last season showing how Premier League midfielders had the least amount of time on the ball compared to any other league in Europe. It is mainly due to the popularity of 5 man midfields and teams pressing all over the pitch.

The reason it often appears there is more time is that many midfielders will release the ball after one or two touches - the pace of the Premier League is often frenetic. I say this having attended around 30 games in the Premier League last year and the contrast to when I see other European leagues or even the Championship is apparent.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]Agree with all the comments above, probably are most under rated player and who was consistent week in week out. I actually think he is Lambert''s best signing as a Norwich manager, I know he has had him at Colchester but has vastly improved as last season went on.

Bethnal, I disagree about him having less time in the Premier League as I think there can be more space and hopefully Lambert will help him use that space better, plus I think if Johnson or Crofts are playing with him using 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 it will take pressure off Fox and give him more time. I think if a time comes where Fox is not getting enough time, the formation will adapt to him getting some, I think the same applies to Wes as well. One of the key things about being able to change the tactics.[/quote]

There were some Opta Stats published at the end of last season showing how Premier League midfielders had the least amount of time on the ball compared to any other league in Europe. It is mainly due to the popularity of 5 man midfields and teams pressing all over the pitch.

The reason it often appears there is more time is that many midfielders will release the ball after one or two touches - the pace of the Premier League is often frenetic. I say this having attended around 30 games in the Premier League last year and the contrast to when I see other European leagues or even the Championship is apparent.

[/quote]

Maybe less time then, but I still think we can give him more time by adapting the tactic. I think Fox will still be big this year, I think that it will probably effect Hoolahan more, I feel as though whenever he struggles it''s because he is being man marked and they have a good anchorman, there are plenty in the Premier League, we will have to see. I just think Fox will be more effective in the Premier League nonetheless.