Sign in to follow this  
BW

Morrison Jackson Start

Holt hasn''t hit it off yet. Morrison firing them in as well as wilbraham however i feel we should start with morrison and jackson up for wigan what do you guys say?

I''d say Holt contributes vastly more to the team than just goals, his hold up play and strength relieves preasure off the defence and creates chances for others. Id definatly start the season with him, but if it doesnt go to well after a few games it would Morrisons time to have a go at starting.

Yep hard decision but i dont think we have time to see if it goes well or not wigan are a team we need to beat. We should put the onform strikers on the starting list whoever that is.

He''s only had a few friendlies so far.Half a game here and there.And quite simply we don''t know who is on form yet!

Holt first name on the sheet for me too.

He has the ability to grind down Vidic and Ferdinand with his wind-up techniques, I''m not saying he''s going to beat these players and score.

However, he will definitely be able to put them off their game and possibly create the opening for a faster player (Of which we have a few now) to get in behind them. Has an uncanny knack of making things ''personal'' on the pitch.

And we all know how powerful Holty is if a stray ball ricochets off a hand/knee/arm/leg, a right pain in the arse for any human, millionaire or not.

Can''t wait for the season to start, he''s going to relish winding up oppositions and their supporters on the big stage.

However, you can guarantee we''ll have a few players that will come of age this season, and one could be Jackson, he has the right ingredients.

Too early to start naming a team yet, we have 2 more pre season games. Once these are over I am sure Lambert will decide and it will depend on form and fitness.

Elliott Bennett and Korey Smith were the pick of the bunch yesterday!

He scored 19 goals and 14 assists last season, as everyone else has said he is definitely the first name on the team sheet. He''s our leader and is going to play a massive part in our effort to stay up this season.

I''d be happy to go with this, you can guarantee that it won''t happen though.Whoever Lambert picks upfront (as long as it isn''t Wheeliebin) I would be happy to go with for a few games though.With Wardy out injured and no new keeper, I am more concerned that we could be undone at the back in our first few games.

Smudger - Ever heard of that other famous team who play in yellow? You know... World cup winners, famous "We''ll score more than you" attitude?

Yeah, well we aint nothing like them!! So better start praying!!! lol ;)

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]He scored 21 goals and 14 assists last season, as everyone else has said he is definitely the first name on the team sheet. He''s our leader and is going to play a massive part in our effort to stay up this season.[/quote]

It''s Holt''s position to lose. He''s already been confirmed as captain for this season so it''d be a bit odd to start without the leader on the pitch.

It''ll be interesting to see how the defence copes with the physical presence of Stoke in our 2nd game. It''ll give us the best idea of just how our defence can cope this season.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Holt hasn''t hit it off yet. Morrison firing them in as well as wilbraham however i feel we should start with morrison and jackson up for wigan what do you guys say?[/quote]The only way for Holt not to start would be if he is injured.I am expecting Holt and Jackson starting with Morrison on the bench. The interesting bit is where Lambert sees Bennett fitting in. I suppose it will all depend on what sort of approach he goes for in the first away match. We may get some sort of clue in the final two friendlies.

Personally i think Holt will start as he''s captain and offers so much more than just goals!

And tbh you don''t just drop your Captain and top goalscorer from last season!!

My front two for Wigan would be Holt and Jackson as after his performances towards the end of last season i feel he warrants it.

Holt definitely starts at Wigan.Could be Wes up front with him and then 4 behind him....would allow him to play Bennett if he wanted to....Wouldn''t totally rule Martin or Wilbraham out yet either!

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Holt hasn''t hit it off yet. Morrison firing them in as well as wilbraham however i feel we should start with morrison and jackson up for wigan what do you guys say?[/quote]

Christ almighty.

Either this is a joke or the OP is on crack.

Sorry but I do not see Morrison starting in front of Holt. Holt is our captain. He out performed the vast majority of people''s expectations last season and he deserves a chance this season.

Morrison scored a peach of a header yesterday however I feel Holt would of scored the same chance if he had of been on the pitch at the same time as Bennett.

We all know Holt brings much more than just goals, he''s the catalyst that makes our team tick, we play better with him on the pitch than we do without him.

However if he doesn''t perform then I hope lamber is not sentimental.

Davo

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]He scored 19 goals and 14 assists last season, as everyone else has said he is definitely the first name on the team sheet. He''s our leader and is going to play a massive part in our effort to stay up this season.[/quote]You just can''t tell what his influence is gonna be this season though, the PL is a whole different proposition... He''s on my team list too, but Lambert''s I''m sure is not filled in yet. Let''s wait until the friendlies have been played.

[quote user="ricardo"]The interesting bit is where Lambert sees Bennett fitting in. I suppose it will all depend on what sort of approach he goes for in the first away match. We may get some sort of clue in the final two friendlies.
[/quote]

As we really never had that many wingers under PL''s stint it will be interesting to say the least. We could always have a solid three across the middle (Johnson, Crofts and Smith) with the flexible Bennett switching wings or cutting into the hole. Switching to this mid-game from a diamond might mean far too may substitutions though.

What will be more interesting still is when Pilkington is fit, will we see both of our wingers on the pitch at the same time this season?

Judging from PL''s comments so far it seems that those in the 25 will get playing time (squad rotation) and that a few different formations will be used. Exciting times.

In Pilkington and Bennett we have two wide players who score regularly aswell.

I''d be happy to see Holt or Morrison up top on their own supported by the wide players in a 4-3-3 type formation.

So what has Jackson done in pre-season to deserve a place that Holt hasn''t? Form last year will count for much more than friendlies. Holt and Jackson for me. 

Think we need to play Morrison every game.He gives us the ability to score at every corner, free kick, long ball etc .. If we are getting outplayed we will always have a chance with aerial threat. Anyone who has seen Morrison play must admit his control of the ball with his head is a class above the rest.Holt & Morrison may not be the most natural pairing but I think it''s the one most likely to lead to goals with pacey players coming on to chase games.