Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

Frazer Forster

This is going over old ground I know, and I will state from the off that I don''t think Ruddy is the finished article, but I cannot for the life of me see how Forster is a big step ahead of Ruddy at the mo.

They both have weaknesses and there is no way that PL will have 2 keepers of similar age and experience as his main ''2''.

Forster and Elland Road do not get on! That was a shocker yesterday, but it happens, and can be compared with Ruddy''s vs Everton last season, but Forster is not miles better than Ruddy.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]This is going over old ground I know, and I will state from the off that I don''t think Ruddy is the finished article, but I cannot for the life of me see how Forster is a big step ahead of Ruddy at the mo.

They both have weaknesses and there is no way that PL will have 2 keepers of similar age and experience as his main ''2''.

Forster and Elland Road do not get on! That was a shocker yesterday, but it happens, and can be compared with Ruddy''s vs Everton last season, but Forster is not miles better than Ruddy.[/quote]Agree, our chance to sign FF was last year, we went for Ruddy and he got us promoted...Ruddy is the way forward and if we sign anyone it has to be an experienced campaigner, Marcus H or some such.I have faith that Ruddy will see us through!

Why do we still talk about Forster? Hes not our player and probably never will be, frankly I dont care.I have a horrible feeling that its going to be like this with where ever Cody McDonald goes.

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="crabbycanary"]This is going over old ground I know, and I will state from the off that I don''t think Ruddy is the finished article, but I cannot for the life of me see how Forster is a big step ahead of Ruddy at the mo. They both have weaknesses and there is no way that PL will have 2 keepers of similar age and experience as his main ''2''. Forster and Elland Road do not get on! That was a shocker yesterday, but it happens, and can be compared with Ruddy''s vs Everton last season, but Forster is not miles better than Ruddy.[/quote]

Agree, our chance to sign FF was last year, we went for Ruddy and he got us promoted...Ruddy is the way forward and if we sign anyone it has to be an experienced campaigner, Marcus H or some such.

I have faith that Ruddy will see us through!
[/quote]

Ruddy did not get us promoted, yet he did help.

Secondly, i don''t understand why people are saying we can''t have both. yes he will cost money (believe it or not) but his price tag will only go up so i don''t see any reason not to get him as it will push ruddy as well as it being imo a good investment. 

It seems obvious to me that PL has faith in Ruddy as No.1 and Rudd as No.2 and no other keeper will be coming in so get over it guys, have faith in PL.

Forster isn''t as good as people think. They like to think he''s better then Ruddy who''s been made out to be a scapegoat. If PL was to replace Ruddy, I would hope for a better keeper then Forster.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Forster isn''t as good as people think. They like to think he''s better then Ruddy who''s been made out to be a scapegoat. If PL was to replace Ruddy, I would hope for a better keeper then Forster.
[/quote]

''Than'' Forster; or a better keeper, then Forster?

[quote user="ms miggins"]

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="crabbycanary"]This is going over old ground I know, and I will state from the off that I don''t think Ruddy is the finished article, but I cannot for the life of me see how Forster is a big step ahead of Ruddy at the mo. They both have weaknesses and there is no way that PL will have 2 keepers of similar age and experience as his main ''2''. Forster and Elland Road do not get on! That was a shocker yesterday, but it happens, and can be compared with Ruddy''s vs Everton last season, but Forster is not miles better than Ruddy.[/quote]Agree, our chance to sign FF was last year, we went for Ruddy and he got us promoted...Ruddy is the way forward and if we sign anyone it has to be an experienced campaigner, Marcus H or some such.I have faith that Ruddy will see us through![/quote]

Ruddy did not get us promoted, yet he did help.

Secondly, i don''t understand why people are saying we can''t have both. yes he will cost money (believe it or not) but his price tag will only go up so i don''t see any reason not to get him as it will push ruddy as well as it being imo a good investment. 

[/quote]Who else played in goal that year...it seems to me to be the one position where you can''t hide so I am happy with the statement that he did...any contradiction is nit picking. Ruddy is a good keeper and he could be really good, forget FF and move on!

Unbelievable this is still being debated really.

How many more times will people need to say this? Forster was good at League One level, made a few errors as young keepers generally do. Ruddy was good at Championship level, made a few errors as young keepers generally do, but because of people''s obsession with the former, Ruddy got criticised more for it.

What is the best way to answer your critics? be the (nearly) ever present goalkeeper in an automatic promotion winning team to the Premier League.

Case closed.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Forster isn''t as good as people think. [/quote]

He might also be better than some people think.

Really only time will tell who is and who is going to be the better ''keeper. Realistically we''re years away from seeing what kind of level Ruddy and Forster can perform at on a regular basis.

I''d be so pissed off if I was Ruddy! He had to work so hard to win over fans to begin with, he was STATISTICALLY the SECOND best keeper in the league last year, and we were the SECOND best team. Does that not mean we have a pretty good player between our sticks?

Both Ruddy and Forster have had a good season for us. But Ruddy is our keeper, i thought it was fairly obvious that we weren''t going to keep Forster, he seemed talented, and is young and English which is a bonus for English clubs. Ruddy may have made a few mistakes, but so did Forster, most notably the Leeds one. But also his kicking was constantly average to poor, hasn''t Ruddy directly assisted a goal with a kick this past season? His overall is definatly good, and unless Forsters kicking improved a lot over the last year, i wouldn''t want him in goal in the premiership, we are already likely to be under a lot of defensive pressure without the GK giving the ball straight back to the opposition at every opportunity.

Also, Lambert has said he is happy with Rudd on the bench, which surely means Rudd must be half decent. To me, it seems silly having 4 young keepers who at this moment in time all have potential. Of course Rudd and Steer could fade away, Steer may have a chance at Yeovil, but on a 3 month loan i guess he''s just back up so we probably won''t see him play.

I know that with youth and potential, there potential transfer fee will raise, but you can''t raise 4 players value at once, as you only have one GK playing, and it just can''t be guaranteed that you can get 1 or 2 first team experience out on loan.

Lambert has said he''s happy with the GK situation, so i think we should just move on, and unless Ruddy starts playing poorly and making mistakes, we should all just trust him to do his job well enough.