Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Cody's pricetag!!

I''m getting pretty annoyed by the different persuiters of Cody Mac moaning about our valuation being too high! First the jokers from Posh now Garry Megson! I think £600,000 is a fair price. He''s still fairly learn so should develope further, he scored plenty of goals last season. So why shouldn''t we ask for good sum for him?! Are we meant to be a charity now?? I mean Posh asked for 3M for CMS. We ourselves have probably had to pay more than we would''ve liked for certain players, Morison and Pilkington come to mind. Its just how this summer''s transfers seem to have gone. So a plea to all those managers who want Cody be prepared to pay or don''t bother calling!!! Phew rant over!!!!

Personally, i''m quite surprised no championship club has seen it worth taking a punt on Cody, scored a lot of goals in League 2 last year. He''s a natural finisher and given the right supply, will score a lot of goals at any levels. The way i see it, natural finishers know where the goal is and the goals don''t get any smaller in the higher leagues (as far as i''m aware). So it stands to reason that in a better team, Cody will score more goals. The same way we got Holt from being top scorer in League 2 to firing us into the Prem. In my eyes, Cody is surely worth a gamble.

[quote user="nowyouhavegottobelieveus"] I''m getting pretty annoyed by the different persuiters of Cody Mac moaning about our valuation being too high! First the jokers from Posh now Garry Megson! I think £600,000 is a fair price. He''s still fairly learn so should develope further, he scored plenty of goals last season. So why shouldn''t we ask for good sum for him?! Are we meant to be a charity now?? I mean Posh asked for 3M for CMS. We ourselves have probably had to pay more than we would''ve liked for certain players, Morison and Pilkington come to mind. Its just how this summer''s transfers seem to have gone. So a plea to all those managers who want Cody be prepared to pay or don''t bother calling!!! Phew rant over!!!! [/quote]

I''m getting annoyed with those little ''persuiters'' as well, it must be the weather that brings them out. Are they getting into your keyboard by any chance?

As for your views on this subject, although you think £600k is a fair price it''s obvious that Peterborough and Megson (if Cody was the player he was talking about) don''t. And were we really ripped off over Morison and Pilkington? Did we pay more than we thought they were worth? PL has gone on record saying that he would only pay what he thinks a player is worth, CMS being a case in point. As for managers calling about Cody, how will they know how much we want for him if they don''t call?

remember we dod not pay much more than £600 000 for holt. MacDonald has had one good year in league 1. We are only arguing about a modest difference £300 000 upwards with add ons is probably more realistic. The top league 1 sides will probably not want him the others cannot pay much more. If we dont sell him we get nothing at the end of the season

Bennett and Pilkington are both younger and have been performing well at league 1 level, MacDonald is yet to be proved at higher than league 1. Morison was one of the top scorers in both league 1 and the championship and i actually think his price is cheap compared with CMS and the £5m touted for shane long

Those are the prices with add-ons I believe, so we only pay top whack if they are successful. I''ve no problem with that as it is hedging our bets.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Bennett and Pilkington are both younger and have been performing well at league 1 level, MacDonald is yet to be proved at higher than league 1. Morison was one of the top scorers in both league 1 and the championship and i actually think his price is cheap compared with CMS and the £5m touted for shane long[/quote]

Gillingham are league 2