Sign in to follow this  

Parking at County Hall

£6 per vehicle it seems they will be charging this season! Not all that surprising it''s gone up I suppose but still, they''re covering 17% less games with a 50% price hike.[url=http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2406908,00.html]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2406908,00.html[/url]4th paragraph down.

I''ll probably use Riverside multi-storey, sometimes used to go there anyway. Takes ages to get out afterwards but is £1 per hour, so £3 or £4 per match depending on when you get there.

where do people park on match day and why? I always use County Hall as i live south Norwich and dont really no anywhere else!

Rose lane is a good one, fairly cheap and close to Riverside but you need to get in there early as it fills quickly on match day,For evening matches one of the Cheapest places to park in the city is Chappelfield, parked there for Forrest last season and it was only £2 (bit of a treck mind). Other than that Park and Ride is always fairly usefull and you skip all of the congestion that normally comes from parking at County hall or Riverside.

Norwich Union used to open their carpark on Brazengate (behind Sainsburys on Queens Road) to the public at weekends - and I remember it was only a couple of quid for matchdays.  Not sure if they still do - I actually park at my work in the city centre - although it does mean that I have that steep hill to come back up after the game (just round the corner from the end of City Rd)

I walk.. it costs me nothing, keeps me fit, and i can do it in 25 minutes... also means i can have a couple of drinks before the game without worrying about being over the limit....you should all try it if you live In the city or outskirts....

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]park on the roadside in Trowse not much further it free ,and easy to get away after the match good access to A47 A140 A146 and the Bungay road[/quote]

I used to use this area but they were bringing in a load of parking restrictions,double yellows etc.Not sure how far they have gone,but the last time i was there,it was a pain,and a very long walk.