Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

New kit problems

2 issues for me:

1) a personal issue, the XARA shirts never needed ironing, yet it appears the Errea one does, but then I didn''t think you could iron football shirts?

2) a player issue - I''ve noticed on most of the preseason game pictures the players have made a cut into the V neck, if its uncomfortable for them, please re-design it?

1) a personal issue, the XARA shirts never needed ironing, yet it

appears the Errea one does, but then I didn''t think you could iron

football shirts?How dare you swear on here Peas! You used the ''i'' word [:O]Have to say that''s an interesting observation about the players making a cut, unless it''s a fashion thing; remember the 80''s and jeans being cut at the seams at the bottom of the leg anyone....

Re. washing - I have washed a lot of Errea kit, you can machine-wash on a 40 degree setting (cooler probably if you want, yours won''t be covered with mud!). You can tumble-dry it too, on a cool setting for about half an hour. Dry it as a single item in the dryer to avoid creases. Then just hang it up when it''s still warm. We had number transfers on the shirts and this didn''t affect them at all, even after a lot of washes. Don''t iron it, the material is completely synthetic and wouldn''t take kindly to an iron, I would have thought.

It also stinks at the slightest bead of sweat.

However it''s actually a really nice shirt. Top marks Errea - especially with the Premiership sleeve patches

Hi WITS

The jeans thing was a Football casuals thing , as jeans were quite tight legged in the 80’s and the fashion amongst Hooligan casuals was to wear very expensive and quite large tennis shoes they would insert a cut about 4 inches up each seam which allowed the jeans go over the trainers !

Showing my age and past there !

From the first time I saw it, the collar on the home shirt has always struck me as being a wee bit too high on the neck. It almost looks like they''re going for a sort of turtleneck approach in what I think is an effort to sporty-up a normal V-neck.

http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/slideshow_32_1_979032!image/2930204933.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/2930204933.jpg

Brad Johnson is the only player I''ve really noticed doing this, and he''s quite a well-built chap so it may not be that much of an issue for others. Still think it would be better if we just cut off the white trim though.

Maybe the manufacturer forgot to factor-in one key point; our players are now Premiership-calibre - in some cases their heads may have grown a bit since last season!...

neck loosens up after a few wears and washes. There is also a little trick that you can do which is stretching it multiple times to loosen it up. its not a wooden V neck.

and yes, the season really does need to start..

Thanks for the tip Mrs T.

Can''t help thinking though for a £40 quid top it should have been designed to fit!!! Perhaps this can be addressed when they make a second batch?

The White away kit had a ridiculously tight neck fitting that I couldn''t get my head through it in a standard size! Perhaps that''s just because I have a big head...is this home kit any worse?