Sign in to follow this  
Buffman

Norfolk N Good

After my copy fell apart sometime in the late 90s, I recently bought a second hand Norfolk N Good online (it''s now out of print). I''d forgotten what absolute genius this book is and what superb memories it brought back. Kevin Baldwin hit exactly the mood of the time and had me laughing all the way through. I also had a copy of This Supporting Life and The Second Coming which I felt were near misses in comparison.

I wondered whether Kevin had written any other titles and if he finally got together with the Wolverine?

I''ve still got my copy, what a season and what a book. I think he''s probably better off without the Wolverine, especially considering what happened between Norwich and Wolves a few season after the book. Maybe someone should document next season in a similar book as it''s sure to be packed full of drama.

Kev is happily married, with children-but not to the Wolverine!

He recently wrote a book about baldness (it''s on Amazon) and has a few projects ''on the go'' as regards future books.

He did write a couple of other books.*The Second Coming - about Mike Walker''s return to Carrow Road. Intestingly he slates the training facilities as a waste of money in this and cannot see the benefits it would bring to the club. We know better now! Darren Huckerby..... Can''t remember the title of the other one as I lent it to a mate years ago and never got it back. It was about football generally but amusing.City Books, off the market in Norwich is where I got * as they sell new and second-hand books.

Out of interest was Norfolk n Good written like Fever Pitch, retrospectively, or was it more like a football version of Adrian Mole?

[quote user="jammis"]Out of interest was Norfolk n Good written like Fever Pitch, retrospectively, or was it more like a football version of Adrian Mole?[/quote]It was a diary of the season; so more like Adrian Mole in that sense. I suppose the Wolverine could be likened to Pandora.

Arse, and there was me thinking I was being original, beaten to it by 18 years. Am writing a diary of the season for 2011/12. Obviously nothing as grand as Norfolk ''n'' Good, but just for the memories. Was going to put it on Lulu.com...

Going to have to track down a copy, sounds like a corking read.

[quote user="jammis"]Arse, and there was me thinking I was being original, beaten to it by 18 years. Am writing a diary of the season for 2011/12. Obviously nothing as grand as Norfolk ''n'' Good, but just for the memories. Was going to put it on Lulu.com... Going to have to track down a copy, sounds like a corking read.[/quote]

Do it anyway. There''s plenty of room for more personal accounts. They are always unique and often worth a read.