Sign in to follow this  
Little Norwich

County Hall Car Parking

Info for anyone who uses the County Hall Car Park on match days....

''All for your information

Supporter car parking at County Hall for Carrow Road matches will now be operated by Norwich City Football Club.

There are a number of changes which you need to be aware of:

- There will be 750 tickets available, some for advance sale direct, with the remainder to be sold by the stewards on the gate on behalf of the football club. These tickets will have to be displayed in the vehicles.

- There will be no parking on match days without buying a ticket. If it is an evening game, there will be no parking after 5.30pm except for people actually working in County Hall. Staff who go straight from work to the ground for evening matches will have to purchase a ticket.

- The ticket price for parking will increase from £4.00 to £6.00.

- The social club will have an allocation of spaces for their members.

- Staff will need to remove their cars by 10:30am on weekend match days if they have parked overnight.

- Any NCC staff who work at the football ground will have to pay for their car parking.

- Loan vehicles will have to be parked on the forecourt right outside the steps to County Hall.''

Yet another rip-off.  If you got there before 10am you could always park for free as the attendants didn''t arrive until later and if you did arrive late it was 2 quid.   

if anyone travels in from outside norwich and doesnt mind a 20-25 minute walk to the ground I have a double drive way. 2.50 a game. serious offer.Inbox me if anyone''s interested.

[quote user="paul moy"]Yet another rip-off.  If you got there before 10am you could always park for free as the attendants didn''t arrive until later and if you did arrive late it was 2 quid.   [/quote]

Is this a Norfolk County Council charge though rather than an NCFC rip-off?

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]No parking after 5:30pm on midweek games? How am I supposed to get there before that time when most people (like myself) are still working until 5-6pm?[/quote]

Surely thats a typo and should be before 5.30pm?  That means only County hall workers can park there before

Can''t believe they are charging county hall staff to park their cars there for the footy and that they are charging ncfc staff to park their cars too.

Welcome to the Premiership [:$]

Where did you get this info, is there a link for it? If true, are the club actually planning on telling us all of this? No parking after 5.30 for midweek certainly sounds strange!

It looks to me like a letter/memo/email sent to County Hall staff meaning they have to vacate the car park by 5.30pm when we have an evening game so "Paying customers" can have their spaces.

It seems to be one thing after another at the moment - car parking( notice is now operated by NCFC ) , concession season tickets , charge for open days ( are we having one this year ? ) - Programmes will no doubt go up this year , casual prices through the roof - the club needs to be careful , there is business like then there is cavalier

[quote user="Lambo Is God"]Wind-up?[/quote]

Its an email to County Hall workers. Harry is spot on that its County Hall workers who must vacate the car park by 5:30pm on evening matches. However, if I am offsite on business until late into the evening how are they going to police it?!?

[quote user="gary "]It seems to be one thing after another at the moment - car parking( notice is now operated by NCFC ) , concession season tickets , charge for open days ( are we having one this year ? ) - Programmes will no doubt go up this year , casual prices through the roof - the club needs to be careful , there is business like then there is cavalier[/quote]

Seems that the club is going to squeeze every penny they can whilst we''re in the Premier, shame because its going to mean that a lot of passionate fans will be prices out of the game.

My dad`s been a season-ticket holder for years and has never paid to park his car. Use your brain and be prepared to walk 15-20 mins to the ground. If you can`t do that (medical conditions aside obviously...) you really need to have a look at yourselves

Mr Carrow - it''s not just home fans who park at County Hall. Also, there is not enough free road parking for all the fans who drive to watch the football, even those prepared to walk 15-20 mins.Fans make a choice where they park. I cannot begin to list the reasons why people choose to park in certain places but it''s their perogative to do so.

Will be even less spaces when the car park at Carrow road gets built on.I think when it was announced that we were selling our car park for re-development the club said it would look into other options for providing parking. Maybe this is the first step towards County Hall being the ''Official'' club car park in the future, with season tickets etc for county hall parking too??

WITS, as a very regular away attender in the past (by independant means) we`d always turn up a little early, not sure where we`d park, and make the best of it- one of the hazards of away travel.

As for there not being enough free parking, i`d say that is debatable and a convenient excuse for the lazy.

It is peoples perogative to park in certain places...it is the clubs perogative to charge what they like in an environment where there are a myriad of other options for parking/travel.

This smacks to me of this whole bizarre attitude in society where people confuse a choice with a "need" ie.- the whinging about food and drink prices last season as though people turn up at CR starving and dying of thirst and are then forced to buy the stuff! If someone can outline to me why they HAVE to park at county hall or HAVE to buy food+drink at the ground i`m all ears..... Otherwise i`m afraid it smacks of people behaving like brainwashed consumer cattle.

The more awkward and expensive that it is made to park the more people will be deterred from going into Norwich centre. It used to be very easy to park for free, but having had a parking-ticket for parking where it once was free, and now six quid for the Town Hall where it was free, plus the incredible cost of petrol more and more people will find a local pub or use the internet rather than go to a game. We are in a period of austerity but it appears that many are in denial.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]WITS, as a very regular away attender in the past (by independant means) we`d always turn up a little early, not sure where we`d park, and make the best of it- one of the hazards of away travel. As for there not being enough free parking, i`d say that is debatable and a convenient excuse for the lazy. It is peoples perogative to park in certain places...it is the clubs perogative to charge what they like in an environment where there are a myriad of other options for parking/travel. This smacks to me of this whole bizarre attitude in society where people confuse a choice with a "need" ie.- the whinging about food and drink prices last season as though people turn up at CR starving and dying of thirst and are then forced to buy the stuff! If someone can outline to me why they HAVE to park at county hall or HAVE to buy food+drink at the ground i`m all ears..... Otherwise i`m afraid it smacks of people behaving like brainwashed consumer cattle.[/quote]

So maybe you''d be kind enough to list the free places to park within a close distance of the ground for those of us who are disabled and can''t walk far without being in agony?  I could always apply for a blue badge and park almost anywhere, but then you see I have high morals and there is always someone who is in a wheelchair etc that will need a disabled space more than I.

I await with interest your list of free parking spaces.

I can''t think of anywhere that is free to park within 10 mins walk of the ground tbh. There are 3 or 4 Lion''s club car parks just off Thorpe Road which are good value at £2.50, 10 mins walk and your car is looked after whilst you''re at the match.

There''s free parking further down the Yarmouth Road past the Mustard Pot and in Stanley Avenue but thats probably a good 20 mins walk for anyone fit but would be too far for people with mobility problems.

Cant help with the other side of the ground as I park the Yarmouth Road end but maybe other people know of  places near to the County Hall but without having to pay £6 which seems excessive to me.

If you arrive early enough there are a good few spaces available on Europa Way, the service road that runs alongside Martineau Lane.  More spaces normally become available just gone noon when Ben Burgess closes.  There are also a few spaces down by the old Trowse Station, but these are normally taken very early by the same people each week (such as my grandad who will leave Lowestoft at 11am like clockwork, the same time I leave Liverpool St.)!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]  There are also a few spaces down by the old Trowse Station, but these are normally taken very early by the same people each week (such as my grandad who will leave Lowestoft at 11am like clockwork, the same time I leave Liverpool St.)!
[/quote]

If you mean where the new Trowse fire station is going to open next week, those spaces may well be gone then. Think the security guard stopped loads of people parking there last night on the yellow lines, where they shouldn''t have been anyway.

europa way is free till you park on double yellows or the pavement then it gets expensive the gestapo start trawling the area about 10 mins before kick off when they start sticking tickets on windscreens ,£40+fine . park in trowse whitlingham lane or whatever the county hall can take 3/4hr to get out

- The ticket price for parking will increase from £4.00 to £6.00.

I guess if you fill your cars up with 4 people, it''s £1.50 each, so still cheaper than the bus...

Is the real problem the fact that its been cheap at county hall over the years, and people have got used to it?

£2 is a fairly big price rise, but does anyone know how mcuh it costs to park at the ground? My guess is quiet a bit more...

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]WeAreYellows, i did put "except people with medical conditions of course" in my first post....[/quote]

Can''t help thinking if the people that could walk did, most of the car parks would be half full.

Mind you, at least you have more than half a pint of shandy if you avoid driving.

The current parking difficulties resulted from action taken by the City Council 3/4 years ago when they made virtually all the streets within walking distance of Carrow Road "permit parking" areas. These restrictions do not apply for evening matches when sanity returns. We now have a situation where there are a number of streets with large houses and long drives (often with two or more cars parked on them) but no cars actually parked on the streets which are, in the main, totally empty.