Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Strongest 11?

What is our strongest 11 in your opinion?Mine is:                        RuddyNaughton  De Laet  Barnett  Tierney                   Fox  Johnson      Bennett  Hoolahan  Vaughan                     Morison/HoltReally not sure about Holt or Morison as Morison has been a lot sharper pre-season and would work better as a lone striker than Holt who lives to provide for fellow strikers he lines up with.

Ruddy

R.Martin      De Laet   Barnett    Tierney       

Crofts        Fox

Bennett                                   Surman

Hoolahan

Holt

I dont think that this formation will necessarily be our strongest system, but I couldn''t decide on the best player to partner Holt, so I went with 5 midfielders instead.

Ruddy

Naughton Ward Barnett Tierney

Fox

Bennett Pilkington

Hoolahan

Morison Holt

Wouldn''t surprise me if this ends up being a common line-up.

What is our strongest 11 in your opinion?Mine is:                        RuddNaughton  De Laet  Barnett  Tierney                   Fox  Johnson     Bennett  Hoolahan  Vaughan                    Morison/Holt Really not sure about Holt or Morison as Morison has been a lot sharper pre-season and would work better as a lone striker than Holt who lives to provide for fellow strikers he lines up with.

I''d almost go with that. I like that formation but I''d probably have Vaghan up front with Holt and Pilkington or Surman out on the left. I think that De Laet combined with Barnett gives us alot of pace at the back which will get us out of lots of problems when faced with the pace the Premiership strikers bring. Johnson adds a bit of steel to go with Fox''s creativity in the holding area and with the two of them, we can then allow for the three attacking midfielders to press on and cause problems in the final third. This also allows for the full backs to actally become wingbacks which suits both their games very well and is another reason to have extra pace with the centre backs when they get caught in advanced positions. This formation also offers us alot of possession in the middle just like the diamond but with the added advantage of the two wide men who are happy to either ping off shots when around the box when cutting inside or whipping balls in for the front two when out wide, because they play a slightly less constricted role than the two who play on either side in the diamond.. I think it gives sides alot more to think about and certainly puts them on the back foot.

It''s also a tough one to call between Naughton and Martin. Do you go with the proven Martin who deserves his place off the back of his fantastic Championship season, or the obviously talented and so far excellent Naughton who is probably the better player.

I do get the impression that this setup is what Lambert has in mind when not using the diamond.

It is very difficult, so dependant on formations.

If the old diamond

Ruddy
Martin De Laet Barnett Tierney
             Fox/ Crofts

Bennett                        Johnson
                Hoolahan
         Vaughan      Holt

I think our strongest side would include Fox, Crofts, Hoolahan and Bennett, and have two strikers.

No idea how to fit them all in though.

From what I saw of Naughton against Southend Russel Matin all day long, Naughton was pony, passing was shocking, didn''t defend very well either.

Russell Martin is a better player all day long.

Ruddy

Martin Whitbread Barnett Teirney

Fox

Crofts Bennet

Hoolahan

Jackson Holt

Team for the Diamond:                                             Ruddy   Martin      De laet      Whitbread    Tieney                             Fox              Crofts                 Surman                           Hoolahan            Holt                           Jackson

But I think if things arnt going well with that shape we have the opption of having a really strong 4-4-2, especially if Pilkington gets fit;                             RuddyMartin         De laet         Whitbread     Tieney

Bennett         Crofts          Fox             Pilkington                    Holt               Jackson

Unlike last season at points we have a vastly stronger bench and are capable of changing formation and bringing on good players. With regards to strikers its really a case of who is banging them in, though for me Holt will always get the nod if he is still capable of the workhorse role he often takes up.

--------------------ruddy-------------------

martin---barnett----------whitbread---tierney

---------------------fox----------------------

----crofts-------------------------bennett---

----------------hoolahan--------------------

------holt----------jackson/morison/vaughan(whoever proves themselves.i would like jackson)

harder oppostion: we may start to play this more regularly (but hey, what do i know)

-----------------ruddy----------------

martin------barnett--whitbread---tierney

bennett----crofts----fox------pilkington

-----------holt------morison---------

RuddyMartin     Barnett     Whitbread     Naughton                            FoxBennett             Crofts                  Surman                        Hoolahan                             Holt                          

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]                        RuddyMartin     Barnett     Whitbread     Naughton                            FoxBennett             Crofts                  Surman                        Hoolahan                             Holt                           [/quote]I agree with this.