Sign in to follow this  
NCFCPaul

Travelling to away games

Just out of interest, do many posters on here travel to away games alone? Im massively up for Wigan but my Norwich ''supporting'' mates dont want to make the journey, even though im willing to drive and foot the petrol bill as well.

Not worried about doing this apart from maybe getting lost along the way, just wondered if others do this.

I did for quite a few years when I was living in Blackpool, there are always plenty of City fans willing to chat. Look up football ground guide, they give good info on how to get there, pubs etc.

I will be at Wigan, just happen to be in Blackpool that weekend so I short journey for me.

Just keep posting, especially a week before the away game, there is plenty of away support around the country and I am sure most will chip in with some petrol money although I know that you are not too bothered. Over the past few years I have travelled to away games from the midlands and there are plenty of people that are prepared to share cars or join in for part of the journey, additional if you are traveling alone it does give you some company. Create your own post to attract the most replies.

I’m sure you will get plenty of away fans taking you up on the opportunity

Thanks for the info. Yes i guess posting here to find a few to share lifts with would make the journey a little cheaper and certainly more interesting than travelling all that way alone.

My location should read Bury St Edmunds, not Cambridge, so closer to the time il start a thread about it. Got to make sure im not away with work in the next few days, and make sure i get a ticket of course!

Ive been to a fair few away games over the past few seasons but this will be my first Premiership season im able to really follow as our last one i was living abroad. looking forward to visiting some new stadiums and meeting some new fans along the way!

I normally try and fill a car also for most away games that I can fit in around work. I come from Norwich, but be more than happy tO come via Bury...

Normally fill the car and split it each way... Just bought a new one too so be cheaper with diesel..

Keep in touch, but can make Wigan I don''t think altho is possible

Moved back to the fine City last season and will be travelling to every away game. Hoping to manage some on the plane to Manchester as it actually can work out cheaper than driving sometimes. With the road trips will more than likely have some space in the auto...

Hi, Im an Essex based canary (colchester for my sins). I will be travelling to many of the home and away games this year so would be interested if anyone want to car share, train etc.

Really looking forward to a great season on the road!!!

Jammy1902

Yep , i''m looking forward to more away games this year. I''m blessed with a works motor so travel costs are '' minimal '' shall we say .

Wigans a far old treck but might as well start as we mean to go on ! Only £20 as well.

Not being a season ticket holder means i can see me doing more away trips than home * runs for cover at plastic supporter cries *

[quote user="TheJarrold"]I travel to all games alone (rest of family are west ham or millwall) from South London.....train is pretty quite till Diss then it gets packed with Yellow & Green! Lol[/quote]Why don''t you give Capital Canaries a go ?They organise trips to most home and away games and they''re a good bunch to get to know. I''m sure you already know that Matt Juler and Tim Allman - who both post on here a lot  - are the organisers and they would make you feel most welcome.Even if you have your own concessionary travel arrangement travelling with other fans makes those long journeys a lot more enjoyable.

A sticky would make sense rather than starting a new one each week. Id offer a couple of spaces in my car this time round, however we are going back via Birmingham to see some mates from Uni so not possible this time.

Random question, but whats everyones music of choice for these long journeys to get hyped up for the match, not that i need hyping more getting through the monotony of the drive i guess?

Good idea Marvin

With regards to travelling alone, its something Ive done a couple of times - its quite good fun especially on a train as youre quite often in with other teams supporters going elsewhere - eg Peterborough, Newcastle etc fans - and theres often quite a bit of banter.  Wigan Im actually going to try the coach organised by work (dont usually like coach travel but its only a few quid and a lot cheaper than going on the train)

I had a nightmare train journey back to Blackpool from Birmingham when we were last in the Prem, should have been catch the train at 5.30 then a quick hop to Preston then onto Blackpool but no it ended as the slowest train possible making every stop on it''s way to Manchester surrounded by Man Ure fans, stupidly long wait in Manchester before getting another train to Preston, another stupidly long wait before getting a slow night train to Blackpool getting back at 1.30am, you can stick train journeys, I''d rather drive.

Im kinda in the same position as the opening post. I normally drive/train it to away games with the old man and work mates, sharing the cost, but i find myself a loner for the Wigan game. Certainly not gonna miss it though!..

What i was actually wondering is what the coach travel is like. Couldn''t believe how cheap it is, but havent used it since bout 1993 as a kid!..Ive been told the coaches can generally be abit clichey(sp) and they only like their regulars,if you know what im saying, so not the way to go if you want a laugh and make new friends..Suppose it will be more of a laugh than paying for a tank of petrol and a 4hour journey on your own!..

Anyone travelled on em'' recently

I normally travel from Gorleston but will already be in the North West for the Wigan game, will post on here if I do any others.

If it helps anyone and they want a cheaper way of getting to Wigan 3 of us are going via car so have space for 1 more if anyone fancy''s it. Will be a laugh with all the yellow army on the road together going to Wigan!! Leaving from Wroxham and will be heading through the city for anyone thats interested!

I go to games with four mates by car, they don''t like sitting on a coach as you can''t smoke.

We have fun, the driver is just 17 & he goes 80mph up the motorway while trying to light a fag !

Seriously though, he is a careful driver & I feel safe.