Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Cody to Sheffield Wednesday?

[quote user="Larry David"]

Compared to the players you want him to be playing against (ie. in the Premier League), he is not that quick and he doesn''t have the brains to really add anything else to his game. He''s a lower league player at best and always will be.

[/quote]When we first signed him he made a bit of an impact at Championship level, even if only for a few games, and that was without professional coaching. I don''t think it''s unreasonable to believe that he could be a consistent player in the Championship in the future. However, with only a year remaining on his contract I think we''d be lucky to get £500k. Personally I''d like to see us offer him an extra year on his contract and give him another year out on loan - if he spent next year at, say, Sheffield Wednesday and scored a bunch of goals in League One, we''d have no trouble getting half a million (or more) for him then. He''s only going to get better with more experience in the professional game.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Larry David"]

Compared to the players you want him to be playing against (ie. in the Premier League), he is not that quick and he doesn''t have the brains to really add anything else to his game. He''s a lower league player at best and always will be.

[/quote]
When we first signed him he made a bit of an impact at Championship level, even if only for a few games, and that was without professional coaching. I don''t think it''s unreasonable to believe that he could be a consistent player in the Championship in the future. However, with only a year remaining on his contract I think we''d be lucky to get £500k. Personally I''d like to see us offer him an extra year on his contract and give him another year out on loan - if he spent next year at, say, Sheffield Wednesday and scored a bunch of goals in League One, we''d have no trouble getting half a million (or more) for him then. He''s only going to get better with more experience in the professional game.
[/quote]

This is all academic - he is going to be sold.