Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc26

Barton on a free transfer

he seemed to be turning himself into a decent midfielder second half of the season last season. Perhaps his off field exploits are behind him, or at least curbed.

he famously said this though (or something to the effect)

"i am the best midfielder in england".... and then went on to slate gareth barry (quite rightly, hes rubbish) and gerrard.

And there in lies the problem, he is dillusional and has an image problem which is esential for commerical activities of any club.

[quote user="Rob Sims"]he seemed to be turning himself into a decent midfielder second half of the season last season. Perhaps his off field exploits are behind him, or at least curbed.

"i am the best midfielder in england".... and then went on to slate gareth barry (quite rightly, hes rubbish) and gerrard.

And there in lies the problem, he is dillusional and has an image problem which is esential for commerical activities of any club.[/quote]

Agree, he could be a top player, but is so far up his own arse he will never reach them levels. Scott Parker for example is no doubt looking to move on from West Ham, but he will give his all if the opportunity doesn''t come. Joey Barton is no where near as professional or talented as Parker.

I think he will be a good signing, rumours I''ve heard are United and Arsenal. Could see Fergie sorting him out though.

Hell of a signing, I don''t think so, more trouble than he is worth arrogant shit he is.

I''d definitely have him. He''s arrogant but to be a good player you sometimes have to be arrogant, look at Ronaldo (I''m not saying whatsoever that he is on the same level as him!). I think his outburst seems like he is very passionate about the club and wants the fans to know just what''s going on. I can totally understand him. They fined Enrique £100k for an outburst on twitter, which is what led to his outburst. Stupid board, really.

I can see alot of their players wanting to jump ship now. What are their relegation odds? Might have to put a cheeky tenner on it.

To be honest I think some of the stuff he has been saying about Newcastle is fair enough, they get £35 million in one single transfer and apparently its already been spent/accounted for. Screams of the situation of Norwich of Old  read some of what its apparently been used to do. Barton will get a decent premireship move, will certainly be intersting to see if any more comes out from him now that he has left. This ''unrest'' at newcastle could potentially benifit us!

[quote user="Rob Sims"]he seemed to be turning himself into a decent midfielder second half of the season last season. Perhaps his off field exploits are behind him, or at least curbed.

And there in lies the problem, he is dillusional and has an image problem which is esential for commerical activities of any club.[/quote]

His comments regarding Gerrard et al hit the nail on the head. Read them rather than quoting out of context.

A brilliant player, who seems to have sorted his off-field problems.

Newcastle are in disarray again, now in the relegation scrap methinks!

Great player, although an enormous amount of excess emotional baggage comes with Joey Barton. Would PL risk the distasteful upsets that would inevitably arise by having him around? - I doubt it.

Something tells me he will end up at West Ham. Perfect signing for them and Big Sam seems o be buying well.

Ecspecially ideal signing for them if/when they lose Parker ;)

Good player but I really would not want him here, always just waiting for him to knock someone out on a Saturday night and too arrogant. H ended up living with Nolan as a result of a court order, imagine if they ordered him to live with Chrissy Martin...Beccles would be a mess!

Barton is a fantastic player and Carroll looked good last year because of him, and his crosses. He got in a couple of fights several years ago and hasn''t had any problems since, everyone now comments on how he is a natural leader and excellent for team morale. He will speak the truth - but I thought everyone liked that kind of thing.Anyone who wouldn''t want him at their club is being short sighted in my opinion.

Madness from Mike Ashley.

He''s a quality player, with a great attitude on the pitch. Would love to have him at Norwich, but he''s way out of our league, so to speak.

I reckon he''d improve the midfield of any of the big 4.

Good player but the mans a tw@t we don''t need someone bringing the team moral down

No chance of getting him, although im seriously thinking Newcastle could struggle. They really were onto something last season. They have now managed to sell three of their best players, one amazingly to a championship club and although they got a large fee for Andy Carroll that large fee is now paying for Mike Ashleys booze! I think they could be scrapping for survival this season which surely cant be a bad thing for us

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]Good player but I really would not want him here, always just waiting for him to knock someone out on a Saturday night and too arrogant. H ended up living with Nolan as a result of a court order, imagine if they ordered him to live with Chrissy Martin...Beccles would be a mess![/quote]

It was Andy Carroll that was made to live with Nolan, not Joey Barton.

One of the best English midfielders in the Premier League who should be in the England squad ahead of plodders like Barry and Milner. And in an era of players being coached to say the right things in interviews so as to not upset their clubs corporate masters he is refreshingly honest. His comments about England players after the 2006 World Cup (''I went to the World Cup. I was sh*t. Here''s my book'') were particularly amusing.

An excellent passer of the ball who would add bite to our midfield. Obviously we don''t have a hope of signing him but anyone who thinks that Paul Lambert would turn down such an opportunity is deluded.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

One of the best English midfielders in the Premier League who should be in the England squad ahead of plodders like Barry and Milner. And in an era of players being coached to say the right things in interviews so as to not upset their clubs corporate masters he is refreshingly honest. His comments about England players after the 2006 World Cup (''I went to the World Cup. I was sh*t. Here''s my book'') were particularly amusing.

An excellent passer of the ball who would add bite to our midfield. Obviously we don''t have a hope of signing him but anyone who thinks that Paul Lambert would turn down such an opportunity is deluded.

[/quote]

Spot on. I''m not sure if his Twitter account is real, but it is refreshing to see a player speak so honestly. If Wenger has any kind of desire to go for the title he''d have already been on the phone to Barton and attempt to sign him up.

Newcastle are in crisis.  They sold Carroll, morale, fight desire has all gone. Nolan has gone, Barton is going two players with quality, passion, fight (pardon the pun) on the pitch. They won''t replace that.

Newcastle will be firmly in the relegation scrap. It looks like Enrique is off too, and blimey to let him go on a free, they could have said he could go for £2m say and the phone would have still rung off the hook.

Look what happened when we sold Safri and Etuhu arguably less effective than Barton and Nolan at Newcastle.

Unless something drastic happens at Newcastle I think they will finish in the bottom 4 or 5. I think Blackburn will be stronger than them next season.

Newcastle have brought in 3 very good midfielders in Sylvain Marveaux, Mehdi Abeid and especially Yohan Cabaye who was considered one of the stars of Lille''s Championship team in France. Add to these 3 Demba Ba who proved he can bang in the goals in the Premier League and they still have a strong squad - losing Carroll, Nolan and Barton is of course a blow but they desperately needed to reduce their ridiculous wage budget and to be honest, who wouldn''t take £35m for Carroll?

I think Newcastle will end up around 15 again next season.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Newcastle have brought in 3 very good midfielders in Sylvain Marveaux, Mehdi Abeid and especially Yohan Cabaye who was considered one of the stars of Lille''s Championship team in France. Add to these 3 Demba Ba who proved he can bang in the goals in the Premier League and they still have a strong squad - losing Carroll, Nolan and Barton is of course a blow but they desperately needed to reduce their ridiculous wage budget and to be honest, who wouldn''t take £35m for Carroll?

I think Newcastle will end up around 15 again next season.

[/quote]

Problem is Bethnal is Newcastle need them four signings to really hit the ground running and that could be a struggle with 3 players not playing in Prem before. I think if they start badly it could shatter the morale because no doubt there fans will turn on them.

It''s risky but I do think Demba Ba is a top player, someone who I think was heavily under rated last year. West Ham were useless but he was still getting the goals for them.

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]Good player but I really would not want him here, always just waiting for him to knock someone out on a Saturday night and too arrogant. H ended up living with Nolan as a result of a court order, imagine if they ordered him to live with Chrissy Martin...Beccles would be a mess![/quote]

I believe that was Carrol wasn''t it?

Someone bigger than us will come in for us - thank God.

Exactly the kind of player who would come in, start a few fights and generally ruin the good feeling in a squad.