Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Just back from the Open Training Session...

The noticable absentees apart from Vaughan and Ward were Crofts and C.Martin, so unfortunately they may have picked up injuries. I was surprised to see Pilkington take part in every training activity, he looked very sharp considering his lengthy spell out and it seems as though he may be back sooner than I expected. I don''t think anyone in particular stood out but De Laet looked impressive and I must say Wilbraham was playing some nice stuff. Fox scored a couple great goals from long range, but in an activity where balls were crossed into a box with no defenders, our finishing left a lot to be desired. Overall, an enjoyable morning, the only down side, towards the end Holt took a fall and began to limp, he tried his best to run it off but didn''t seem comfortable; at the end of the session he spoke to the Physio and as far as I''m aware didn''t stick around to sign things or do an interview, so hopefully it''s nothing too serious.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Thanks for that, how weird would it be, come the first day of the season, and our only fit player is Pilkington?[/quote]

Could end up with Cody playing upfront as a lone striker with McNamee just behind!

Hmm hopefully just a knock for Holt, enough time for it to be ok! Shame about Crofts, guess the rumours are true though this may give Bennet an opening into the squad.Very excited about the prospect of Pilkington to be fit, hopefully he might get some minutes in the next two friendlys and a place on the bench for Wigan. Hes a game changer that one, someone I think who will become a first name on the team sheet kind of player once he gets a run in the team. Fergie rates him and so do I!

Pilkington - "Buzzin found a house in norwich and hoping to get some minutes in the game tomorrow after 5 months out I can''t wait!! "

After seeing him in action today, I didn''t think it would be long before he gets some game time, great news!

I took some photos earlier, which you can all see here (hopefully)... not great quality because I didn''t get there til about 11 and we were stuffed up towards the back... there''s also the fact that there is nothing in life more difficult to photograph than football! But still, I tried...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I took some photos earlier, which you can all see here (hopefully)... not great quality because I didn''t get there til about 11 and we were stuffed up towards the back... there''s also the fact that there is nothing in life more difficult to photograph than football! But still, I tried...[/quote]

fireworks