Sign in to follow this  
Derek Sims

TalkSport: £3.5 - £4M For green + Sorensen

Original bid of £2.5 & Sorensen expected to rise as the bid of James Beatie for £6 was rejected. Villa are expect to place a bid soon with around £3.5 - £4M plus Sorensen

Villa have had a £4m bid for Kevin Phillips turned down by Soyhampton - I think O''Leary is being more pragmatic and chasing a striker not a replacement/long-term keeper at present.

I do not think that this will happen however if it did that would be good business in my opinion. Sorenson is a top keeper and the money would enable us to buy the extra players that could keep us in the top flight. After seeing yesterday I think another midfielder is required and Worthy still seems to want harewood. Having seen him play yesterday I can see why as although raw he clearly has the strength and pace to be quite a handful.

er..hate to say this but 3.5 -4 million for Green PLUS we get Sorensen is an excellent deal for us assuming personal terms with Sorensen make sense. he is not a bad keeper at all and to get the 3.5 - 4 million on top? DEFINITELY. he''s in the category of keepers that includes Van der Sar; Jaaskalainen; Neimi; Schwarzer. not bad keepers at all.

I think even £2.5m + sorenson would have to be considered - Sorenson is an above average keeper and worth at least £2-£2.5m if not more.A proven international used to the prem should not be sneezed at and if it gives us more cash to look at strengthening defence or forwards then all the better.OTBC

Could not agree more Zipper.  At the end of the day the club will survive without Green just as it has survived with other star players that have left.

As pointed out, O''Leary is more interested in a striker.  I would be more worried about him coming in for Hux than Green.  He did sign him before.

I think Green will stay to the end of the season, it would just be too expensive for another club to buy him from us now.  Clubs will wait, hope we get relegated and pick at our bones!

I agree Saint Canary that Greeno would be best served by staying until the end of the season at least and I would be very sad to see him go.Some offers would be very unattractive - however my view is that cash plus an excellent replacement keeper would have to be very seriously considered if the offer were made. My preference would be to keep Greeno and invest in the squad without selling him.OTBC