Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

THE PRICE OF FOOTBALL

What I find amazing is that of the 20 teams only 5 offer a more expensive starting ticket price than us with many much cheaper and only 7 on a top price ticket!  Pies and coffees are all pretty much of a muchness!  Just found it interesting...not a complaint more of a suprised obsevation as our chaeapest day out compares with Man U and other top clubs and is much more expensive than most similar size clubs.....any thoughts?

Price of Football - Premier League clubs

Price of Football - Premier League clubs

I see the cheapest pies are in Wigan so might have to try one of those!!

Seriously, money is tight, incomes are falling and all retail outlets are offering some type of savings to encourage customers to spend and then there is football, what recession. We are in a much better position than most as we don''t pay stupid wages but when is it going to end? Some of away prices charges by some clubs is rather ambitious, £50 to watch a match!!

Let''s be fair our season tickets offers great value and I know it''s a business but the price of merchandise is getting far too high.If addidas can produce England cricket shirts for £30 why are the football clubs they supply charging £40 plus for a team shirt??

It is a concern the £28 cheapest, you need a membership for and is £20 (another sub point - the normal £15 membership is surplus to requirement as there are  over 5000 super members with about 2000 - 3000 tickets available per match) they have been raising the casual tickets for sometime, i fear that if we survive this season in the premier league the season ticket will receive a leveling out raise in line with the casual tickets costing around £500-£600.the plus point is that all the game will be on live somewhere in the world which means that you will be able to source it only and there are pub in norfolk saying they are showing them all

As me and dad  won''t be getting to many games this season, we don''t mind if a few are quite expensive as it puts off a lot of people (like Chelsea)! It means we can get to a game which otherwise we wouldn''t have been able to get tickets for if it was a tenner! Of course, there is a limit though and I think Chelsea at £50 is that limit!!!

IMO these things are a bit misleading - yes, Blackburn may have the odd game at £10, but it would be far better/fairer looking at an average cost rather than cheapest. The point is also that Wigan, Blackburn will never sell out their ground other than for odd games - this will influence their pricing policy. We would undoubtedly do similar if there was a need.

One thing that is good for us, being ''new'', is that we will hopefully benefit from some of these lower priced games: with the best will in the world we aren''t on the ''must see'' list for other sides this season and may well be used for these matches. We shouldn''t lose sight of this when getting away tickets and thinking it is the ''norm''.

The answer is to boycott those clubs that are charging ridiculous prices, as I am.  People that pay up are only encouraging the rip-offs to continue. A few empty stadia and clubs will realise that prices will have to come down.

Wigan and Sunderlands Ticket prices are bang on! Fair play to them i say. other teams should look to them as an example.

Well Jas, they don''t need to.

Its all very well everyone moaning about ticket prices, but until everyone stops buying tickets, why on earth would they reduce them?

Its not the business men/women in charge of the clubs job to makes fans happy (well its part of there job i suppose) Its there job to make money. If Norwich can sell out every home game charging £28-45, why would they change that? Same goes for every other club.

People must notice, that when attendance are low, like Wigan and Blackburn, thats when prices are cheaper, to attract the fans. But when stadiums are full or nearly full, they can afford to charge more, and only bring prices down when the numbers go down. Do you remember £1 kids tickets for Norwich games? I''m fairly sure there weren''t any of them last season, i don''t even think L.Orient in the cup was that cheap was it?

Its all about demand, moaning does no good. If you really are that fed up and annoyed at ticket prices (I agree that they are ridiculous in a lot of cases) do something about it. McNally isn''t going to look at the Pinkun forum, and see some fans don''t want to pay £28 for a ticket, on top of their membership, until those fans stop buying tickets.

[quote user="paul moy"]The answer is to boycott those clubs that are charging ridiculous prices, as I am.  People that pay up are only encouraging the rip-offs to continue. A few empty stadia and clubs will realise that prices will have to come down.[/quote]

Yeah lets boycott the clubs so we turn up with only 300 fans that hardly make any noise players become disheartend and we end up losing a game.

Fans are what drive players on when they are in a bit of trouble so even though it is ridiculous I think that if anyone does this it would be an absoloute disgrace because the only people that will miss out will be our players because the home team will just sell our unsold ticket allocation to their fans that cant get tickets week in week out!!!!!!!!

Not just Norwich fans need to do this Ncfc26. Its every clubs fans. Otherwise prices will stay the same, players will get paid ridiculous amounts.

Do you think players like Terry really care about how many fans turn up when he''s getting paid over £100k a week?

[quote user="Ncfc26"]

[quote user="paul moy"]The answer is to boycott those clubs that are charging ridiculous prices, as I am.  People that pay up are only encouraging the rip-offs to continue. A few empty stadia and clubs will realise that prices will have to come down.[/quote]

Yeah lets boycott the clubs so we turn up with only 300 fans that hardly make any noise players become disheartend and we end up losing a game.

Fans are what drive players on when they are in a bit of trouble so even though it is ridiculous I think that if anyone does this it would be an absoloute disgrace because the only people that will miss out will be our players because the home team will just sell our unsold ticket allocation to their fans that cant get tickets week in week out!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

So if they charged 200 quid a game you''d still go otherwise the players would get disheartened.

But it''s never going to happen because the people who really care will turn up every week sure we will complain about prices but people who really care find a way to pay and are not really bothered

I would go to support my team Paul and not just sit on the pink''un and complain about everything

McNally did say prices would fall after being in the division for a sustained period, and the ground would be made bigger.

[quote user="Ncfc26"]I would go to support my team Paul and not just sit on the pink''un and complain about everything[/quote]

I''ll be at the Peterboro Beerfest instead with wads of cash to spend and listening to the famous Led Zep tribute band, saved by not going to Chelski, certainly not on the Pinkun BB.   [B] [B] [B]

Firstly I would like to see what the starting prices mean.

You can explain some but Newcastle at £10 - how many of those are truly £10? I would guess at less than 100.

I would never read to much into stats. Average ticket price is probably a more accurate indicator.

As for the likes of Wigan and Blackburn - they struggle to fill their grounds so it isn''t at all surprising that they have cheaper tickets to try and get more people in.

There can''t be that many tickets that price at Chelski either. I heard a couple of seasons ago that the average casual ticket there was about £50.

What about Man utd Arsenal Liverpool what will you be doing those days watching wherever Cody goes?

Two points. One short-term, one long-term.

Firstly demand is only outstripping supply as far as home fans as concerned. Given the price of our casual tickets - and especially for pre-adults - I will be very surprised if we sell out the away area every time this season. Will we then sell all the spare capacity to home fans? We shall see. We certainy didn''t last season, when we actually sold out the ground only twice. More likely that we will this season.

Secondly, and more importantly, Bowkett and McNally have said we would sell out a 35,000-seat stadium if we stayed in the Premier League. That envisages home support of around 31,000, when our highest ever average attendance was around 28,000 and the current home support is around 24,000 or a bit above that.

Are there really an extra 7,000 Norwich fans out there? I am dubious, but the way to keep attendances up, let alone to increase them, is to get fans hooked young and keep them hooked. Bowkett said as much a few months ago. But actions speak louder than words. Scrapping the pre-adult casual category is precisely not the way to attract and keep the next generation of fans.

[quote user="Ncfc26"]What about Man utd Arsenal Liverpool what will you be doing those days watching wherever Cody goes?[/quote]

I''ll probably be in the pub or on the internet watching the games. If Cody is playing down south I could be tempted but the max I would pay to watch a game is 30 quid, so I don''t think I''ll be going to many Prem games.   

As stated in other posts, that a percentage of Norfolk''s local boozers are to show all NCFC games live.....I don''t think fanfolk unable to get to games or purchase casual tickets, will be too disappointed....And the landlords of these boozers won''t be too disappointed either...."KERCHING!" 

I personally, don''t think we''ll sell out for a majority of our home games.....apart from maybe the ''biggy teams''...... But, quite a few fans will probably decide against going to costly away games, preferring instead to watch it in the comfort of a Norfolk local boozer....especially if it''s a Sunday afternoon kick-off or a Monday night game....

I also do hope that we charge £50.00 for Chelsea fans and some of the other ''biggy clubs'' that come to Carra....and those away supporters of not so ''biggy clubs'' who don''t charge our travelling away contingent excessively, (the likes of Wigan etc), that their supporters are actually only charged the same amount that our away supporters were charged....

It''s obvious the local boozers are going to benefit greatly from showing all NCFC games.....I also imagine that NCFC are not to pleased either - and are actually livid and quite concerned that these local boozers are showing all our games live....

The option of watching a game live in a local boozer, and having a few ales and some pub-grub, probably works out a lot cheaper than attending a home game - or accrued costings of an expensive away day.....

The price of football......it''s certainly a lot cheaper if you enjoy a few ales and a bar meal - and are strapped for disposable income.....

The answer is to watch Prem footie on TV/ internet and take your kids to clubs that give better value. For example, Waftord tickets are 10 quid this season and Hartlepool have already sold over 6,000 season-tickets at 100 quid for adults and 50 for kids. Clubs that overcharge and disrespect their fans and away supporters will pay a heavy price in the long-run as their core support dwindles. 

I have to say I agree we should charge Chelsea fans £50 for our home game, they seem to take the pixx out of everybody. Hey let''s hope they return half their allocation and then these can go on general sale.

We should applaud clubs like Wigan for offering tickets for £20, yes I know they can''t sell their own seats, but least they make it worth our while to go up to Wigan, hey, no excuses now for not buying a pie there!!

At the end of the day there is nothing like an away day nothing beats the atmosphere the jubilation of a win you could watch it in a pub just not the same though is it? For example the people who made the trip will always have the memories of that day and the atmosphere which will never be beaten which people who didnt go because they ''couldn''t be bothered'' or '' I will just watch it at home'' will never ever have

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Ncfc26"]What about Man utd Arsenal Liverpool what will you be doing those days watching wherever Cody goes?[/quote]

I''ll probably be in the pub or on the internet watching the games. If Cody is playing down south I could be tempted but the max I would pay to watch a game is 30 quid, so I don''t think I''ll be going to many Prem games.   

[/quote]Snap that is my limit also, so like others on here it''s down to the local boozer or my laptop. Shame but i ain''t got buckets loads of money to chuck at ridiculous entrance fees, i do like to pursue other activities outside of football like being able to eat and keep my family warm in the winter.  

[quote user="Tony from southrepps"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Snap that is my limit also, so like others on here it''s down to the local boozer or my laptop. Shame but i ain''t got buckets loads of money to chuck at ridiculous entrance fees, i do like to pursue other activities outside of football like being able to eat and keep my family warm in the winter.  
[/quote]

It''s not the people who simply dont have the expenditure it is the people who just moan and complain because its not what it used to be MOVE ON!

[quote user="Ncfc26"]At the end of the day there is nothing like an away day nothing beats the atmosphere the jubilation of a win you could watch it in a pub just not the same though is it? For example the people who made the trip will always have the memories of that day and the atmosphere which will never be beaten which people who didnt go because they ''couldn''t be bothered'' or '' I will just watch it at home'' will never ever have[/quote]Could not agree more, but not at the prices some clubs are charging. And it is not a case of can''t be bothered or watch it on the TV,  can you not see the premier league is pricing some fans out of going, very simple to understand .

It''s something me, my dad and grandad noticed when McNally came in.

He has done fantastically for the club but unfortunately i fear he will do this club more harm than good in regards to the fans. With prices for everything going up he will end up pushing away some of the die hard fans.

You need to do things sensibly but the way things are rising at the moment is not sensible. I know times are hard and the club needs to invest etc etc but you can''t alienate the fans and i just feel he will end up doing so...

Will be an interesting couple of years.......

Financial Fair Play is the answer as it will limit wages within the realms of a percentage of a club''s turnover. Once that happens we will see more sensible pricing in the Prem. Clubs that don''t abide by those rules will be excluded from European competition and will probably go bust. Bring it on ASAP.

i''m taking my 13 year old lad to the stoke game i suprisingly got tickets £53 for us both with an impaired veiw ... but he''s been going since 2006 and stuck at it when all his mates support man u or chelsea were taking the p155, so i''ll try and give him a few premier league games but it won''t be many at that price i.m afraid  OTBC

[quote user="paul moy"]The answer is to watch Prem footie on TV/ internet and take your kids to clubs that give better value. For example, Waftord tickets are 10 quid this season and Hartlepool have already sold over 6,000 season-tickets at 100 quid for adults and 50 for kids. Clubs that overcharge and disrespect their fans and away supporters will pay a heavy price in the long-run as their core support dwindles. [/quote]

Spot on, Paul. It will be interesting to see if Carrow Road is sold out for those extortionately priced Â£43+ tickets. I suspect it will be, as there are always the glory-hunting, locally based Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc fans who will be tempted to go and see their heroes, if City fans are not prepared to fork out that amount of cash. I think the board has made this judgment in setting such wallet-busting prices.

On a happier note, I see you are going to the Peterborough Beer Festival. It''s a great day out, isn''t it? I go every year now. I must say I think I prefer it to the Norwich Beer Festival. Better weather (fingers crossed) and a nice outdoor event with bags of space.