Sign in to follow this  
The saint

north norfolk pub showing every norwich game

My computer is playing up so cant do link but type in "just regional" in google and look at main story.

Good news for people who cant get to every away game

Blimey, unless a few others do the same he''ll be mobbed

I always thought there was some law to stop pubs showing saturday games at 3pm. They must have found a way round it.

It does raise a few questions, one being that it goes against the broadcasting act 1996 which bans broadcasting football games scheduled to be played between 3-5pm

It also highlghts the failure of sky (and others) to stop those foreign companies who buy their football packages (live games etc), from selling them on to others ie english pubs

This may be just another blip that will sort itself or something that will spread far further. With technology developing it seems less and less likely that once a live broadcast from, say, Carrow Road has been ''put out'' it can then be controlled.

If it can''t be controlled then it cannot be certain of guaranteed revenue streams, which must ultimately lead to uncertainty in the money available to pay the clubs for those broadcasting rights.

That lack of control might well imapct on attendances and season ticket sales. A season ticket guaranteed you saw the games. What price that when the local pub can do that for free, with minimal travelling costs, no upfront commitment and little of the petty restrictions that are becoming more and more commonplace at Carrow Road ?

Maybe the cracks are just getting more noticable.

[quote user="City1st"]Blimey, unless a few others do the same he''ll be mobbed[/quote]

There''s two or three in Norwich doing it too, there was a thread on here a few weeks ago about them.

I know, that''s why I why I made that comment about Aylsham

It says english commentary so must be all legal and above board. I;m sure it wouldn''t have been made a story if dodgy.

How good are those newspapers though, we need one in Eaton!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]The Black Lion pub in Buxton near Aylsham is offering the same NCFC coverage. Would that be Aljazeera TV or whatever it is?[/quote]

Public beheadings at half time.

[quote user="Kathy "]

[

Public beheadings at half time.

[/quote]

I know it''s a bit wild in that part of Norfolk but not in Buxton surely?

Would it be on the playing field, or near the mill?

There was a case in portsmouth i think, where the pub got games from Greece and Sky tried to sue them and lost.

So that has set the legal precedence and lots of pubs are now doing it.

The matter here is not one of showing live games broadcast by sky. The problem at the Portsmouth pub was a civil action ie the pub was getting the games from a Greek source not direct from sky. that would mean that sky could take civil action against the pub for using a non uk source.

They did sue and lost, which as I mentioned above, means that once sky has sold broadcasting rights to another broadcaster they cannot determine who that buyer resells it to. So if sky sell rights to broadcast live games to X, broadcaster X can then sell those games to pubs in England - most likely undercutting what sky would charge.

The cause for ''concern'' with this pub is one of breaking the Broadacsting Act 1996 whereby live games due to be played at between 3pm -5pm Saturday in the UK cannot be broadcast live.

It will be interesting to see if any action will be taken - or has been taken, whereby this is now allowed.

Apologies if this has already been said but The Beehive pub on Leopold Road, is definitely screening every Norwich match live....have that on authority of the landlady

[quote user="Gene Tierney"]Is this just ''wording'' to get people in his pub?  Does it mean every match Norwich play or every live match that''s broadcast? 

[/quote]

I dont think so as it says in the interview ''''  The Feathers on Cawston Road has signed a deal with a television supplier to show all of Norwich City’s matches live this season.''''

I work in the pub trade and I know that there are at least 10 pubs in Norwich that have all signed up for the same deal, and will all be showing Norwich games live. They are all of the opinion and have been informed that while this court case is going on, which could take anything between 6 months to a couple of years, sky/premiership wont be pursuing or prosecuting any pubs, so have decided, in most cases, to cancel their sky subscription and get this instead. I wont post right now what pubs will be doing this as I am not sure if they will want it made totally public but when I see the landlords over the next week or so I will ask them and post on here later with a full list of who has got it.

[quote user="Plan b"]I work in the pub trade and I know that there are at least 10 pubs in Norwich that have all signed up for the same deal, and will all be showing Norwich games live. They are all of the opinion and have been informed that while this court case is going on, which could take anything between 6 months to a couple of years, sky/premiership wont be pursuing or prosecuting any pubs, so have decided, in most cases, to cancel their sky subscription and get this instead. I wont post right now what pubs will be doing this as I am not sure if they will want it made totally public but when I see the landlords over the next week or so I will ask them and post on here later with a full list of who has got it.[/quote]

Brilliant, thanks Plan b, I was going to ask if anyone had a list.

Dont think its a secret, several pubs have advertised in the EDP that they are showing the games although I see that the Murderers is only showing the games where we are live on Sky.

Hi,Does anyone know if the Red Lion in Angel, London will be showing all city games live?thanks

[quote user="cityangel"]Dont think its a secret, several pubs have advertised in the EDP that they are showing the games although I see that the Murderers is only showing the games where we are live on Sky.[/quote]

I know it''s not really a secret, and I''m pretty sure in about 4 weeks time it will all be common knowledge who is showing what but some landlords have already said that they didn''t want it to be publicized for various reasons.

And it is ALL Norwich games, not just the sky/espn fixtures, happy days!

Yes happy days, Ive only got a 20 min ride to Aylsham so will be watching the away games I cant go to there.

The Maids Head on Buxton Road in Old Catton has got a massive banner on the outside of it advertising that they''re showing every single Norwich game home and away live so I don''t think they''re keeping it a secret [:)]

Think its called the'''' Leopard'''' in Bull Close have also confirmed for those who live near there.

Maybe we should make our own list and keep it updated ?

Looks like there are going to be a lot of pubs in and around Norwich showing all games. I went in to a pub in the city at lunchtime (I''m not going to name it yet as they are not advertising yet) not mentioned here yet and the landlord confirmed they will be showing all Norwich games. They are getting the feed from a Latvian company who are charging £30 a month compared to the £300+ a month that Sky want. He also said that if they got into trouble with the law over the rule that it was illegal to screen live football at 3.00 on a Saturday then the company would happily delay transmission by ten seconds to get around this.

Seems like a lot of local pubs are fairly confident that they can screen these games without breaking the law. Does anyone know of any pubs in Dereham that will be showing live games on a Saturday afternoon?