Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

Play Helveg at right-back for gods sake!!!!

I know the reasons why Worthy put Helveg back in the middle on Saturday but surely it was a great opporunity to give him another go in his prefered right-back position. He had a great game against Liverpool and didn''t make any mistakes. I feel that because when he''s played in the middle he''s made some mistakes in the past he fears he will make more mistakes. It''s just a case of confidence and with people slating him every time he plays, whether well or badly, he is never going to feel comfortable in that role. It seems as though it will take another injury or suspension for him to get another chance in defence. I haven''t got anything against Marc Edworthy as he has played well for us over the season, just I think me need a bit experienc and composure at the back. It''s not like we''ve done particularly well in defence is it

I agree 100% Play Helveg at full back, he was class against Liverpool. Find someone else to fill in in midfield (if neccesary play eddie there)

[quote]I know the reasons why Worthy put Helveg back in the middle on Saturday but surely it was a great opporunity to give him another go in his prefered right-back position. He had a great game against Liv...[/quote]

The jury has been out and has now returned. The verdict is without doubt. Helveg is a has been and deserves the opportunity to ply what is left of his craft elsewhere.

Gerry I think thats unfair he had a great game against liverpool, and the same way that the doc is looking much better in his natural position than he was as a makeshift striker.

Helveg gave the teams only solid defensive performance since Nov when he played at right back against Liverpool.I have not seen anything of the west ham game but the positives appeared to be Greeno and the negatives (of the reports I have seen) were the defence, with Eddy being singled out (not by me I hasten to add) as having a poor game. No mention of the midfield or Helveg in particular.Helveg has to play at right back or alongside Doc in centre defence - the bloke remains one of the world class defenders yet we fanny around keeping some long distance runners happy rather than play the best players in their best positions...OTBC

In the news of the world he got a 3 for his performance against the hammers. in the liverpool game he got an 8. Right back it is then...