Sign in to follow this  
zak123

Club Coach Travel

Just been on canaries.co.uk and it is saying that coach travel is £30 for Wigan. This is a ridiculous price. Is anyone actually using the service?

I know the club have to make bit of profit on these things but for one bus, roughly calculated, they are making £1500 which gives them an enormous profit. I always thought they did it on a cheap basis as they just wanted to cover their costs because they wanted the fans to go to the games. With 2 people in my car we can drive for cheaper than this, getting a coach is meant to save money!

With the £20 game ticket on top it makes it a £50 day out, before anything else (food, drink etc), anyone else see this is ridiculous?

Its 450 miles round trip which must be about £60 in petrol in the average car so if you get 4 in a car that works out to about £15 each which must be the cheapest way to do it.

I''ve often wondered how much they make on the coaches but even if they only take 6 coaches thats £9000, wonder how much they have to pay Saunders out of that?

30 bean aint that bad, £50 for ticket and travel to a premier league match on the other side of the country is a bit of a steal.

It really isn''t that bad. If you drive you have to take into account all your petrol costs, insurance, car parking etc so it isn''t much cheaper. Plus you have to have the hassle of driving 450 miles in one day which would be extreamly tiring. I don''t think it would be much cheaper to take the train either.

It isn''t a bad deal, you don''t have to drive as mentioned, you don''t have to park, and best of all I''m sure there''s a little bit of atmosphere to help the journey go quicker.

Unfortunately, no game in the Premier League is going to be cheap, just gotta accept that!

"anyone else see this is ridiculous? "

yes, your whining is

what is your food and drink costs anything to do with it ?

or do you not eat and drink when at home

try booking a ticket with the cheapest travel - National Express, it''s ''from'' £31 .... one way !

or recognise that the average mileage allowance for running a car is 40p a mile, which is about £180 for a journey to Wigan and back

so heres a suggestion, why not find a coach hire company on the internet and get a quote for a round trip of 450 mile with a 3/4 hour stop in between journeys - then you''ll know what the cost is

Coach and ticket was 46 quid to got to Pompey in May. So what''s so steep about 50 to go to Wigan??

If fans are serious about becoming regular away travellers this season then they''d better be prepared to pay a lot more than that.

I''ll go to those I can as I always do but they probably won''t be as much fun, or VFM, as in League One in 09/10. But you will get to go to the prawn sandwich stadiums[;)]

[quote user="zak123"]Just been on canaries.co.uk and it is saying that coach travel is £30 for Wigan. This is a ridiculous price. Is anyone actually using the service? I know the club have to make bit of profit on these things but for one bus, roughly calculated, they are making £1500 which gives them an enormous profit. I always thought they did it on a cheap basis as they just wanted to cover their costs because they wanted the fans to go to the games. With 2 people in my car we can drive for cheaper than this, getting a coach is meant to save money! With the £20 game ticket on top it makes it a £50 day out, before anything else (food, drink etc), anyone else see this is ridiculous?[/quote]

Down here on planet earth diesel is about £1.40p a litre and whilst not a user of official club travel i am aware of what they have been charging over the seasons so may i ask where you have been living if you think £30 is "ridiculous" for a 400+ mile trip.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="zak123"]Just been on canaries.co.uk and it is saying that coach travel is £30 for Wigan. This is a ridiculous price. Is anyone actually using the service? I know the club have to make bit of profit on these things but for one bus, roughly calculated, they are making £1500 which gives them an enormous profit. I always thought they did it on a cheap basis as they just wanted to cover their costs because they wanted the fans to go to the games. With 2 people in my car we can drive for cheaper than this, getting a coach is meant to save money! With the £20 game ticket on top it makes it a £50 day out, before anything else (food, drink etc), anyone else see this is ridiculous?[/quote]

Down here on planet earth diesel is about £1.40p a litre and whilst not a user of official club travel i am aware of what they have been charging over the seasons so may i ask where you have been living if you think £30 is "ridiculous" for a 400+ mile trip.

[/quote]

And two drivers for each bus because of the distance involved.

Always amuses me when fans from other places say they don''t come to Norwich because it''s too far. But having said that a lot of clubs have plenty of matches each season less than 100 miles away. We don''t have any. It definitely costs a lot to follow The Canaries.

I drive quite a fuel efficient Eco Friendly car, 1.2 litre engine, £35 fills the tank up... I couldn''t get all the way to Wigan and back for that! £30 on the coaches for a round trip is a steal! the OP clearly doesnt drive or would be rubbing their hands at this.

I drive a Megane Sport, and it''s gonna cost me about £60 for the round trip i should think...good job i''ve got 3 people lift-sharing!

£30 is a good price from the Club to be completely honest.

I forgot to add, however, that i would never take the coach again as last season the trip to Swansea almost killed me.

We had a bus driver who i''m pretty sure was a Pirate (the kids and 2 adults who thought they were kids realised this on the way home when everyone was sleeping so were jumping and dancing), i had no leg room to the point that my kneecaps started bleeding from rubbing against the seats infront and there was a homosexual the opposite side of the bus eyeing me up.

The OP has a point, 4 in a car if it''s £60 in petrol is half the price of the £30 for the bus, you have the relative comfort of your car (little legroom for a 6 footer in those coaches) and you can make your own way/stop when you want. More often than not I''ve been on the club bus and the driver hasn''t seemed to know where he''s going (eg Wolves in playoff semis took the wrong turn on A14 and we ended up in Bedford or Sheff Wed for Dion/Hucks last games went a completely alien route to me).

If possible I''d avoid it, but then again it''s personal preference. My dream is to have my own rock star style tour bus which would travel around the country in watching City.