Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

NCISA Proxy voting

I have now been able to look into this issue further and it''s clear that, while there is nothing in the constitution that suggests proxy votes are allowed, there is nothing that categorically says that they can''t be. Given that we wish to expand membership both in the UK and elsewhere we recognise that we will need to establish a better voting system going forward, and, while we are limited in terms of what can be done prior to the AGM, we have, as a committee, agreed that we will allow proxy votes at this year''s AGM. These can be made via a specified proxy, or myself as Chairman. Proxy votes must be registered with Kathy at least 14 days before the AGM, in line with nominations for officers.

I have noted one or two slightly barbed references to our determination that NCISA, or whatever it becomes after the AGM, must be an open and transparent organisation which embraces rather than excludes. Hopefully this decision will be accepted as proof that we are remaining true to our principles.

Beausant,

A sensible and pragmatic decision which supports you intention to be seen to be transparent. Lets hope that you are supported in this decision by members using their proxy vote. I certainly will.

This seems a pragmatic solution to the issue until a new constitution is arrived at. I look forward to casting my proxy vote (unfortunately for some it seems it is wanted after all) via Beausant once the committee nominees and other voting issues are published.

Aye.. that Beauseant''s a good guy isn''t he Crafty. Finally someone actually does want your poxy vote[Y]

I''m genuinely pleased for you[<:o)]

Use it wisely[H]

Something you wrote? Funny you should bring your writing up, when I asked you about your writing it suddenly disappeared. Maybe it got shunted into a siding? Probably on the orders of the Fat Controller....

Now, who could that be....????

Now don''t go blaming PC Unpromotable for my post being removed. That was Sports Desk Pete. Unless of course one of you went all cry baby to him.Today''s joke:What do you call a container full o sh*te?A dung can![A] [A] [A]

[quote user="crafty canary"]Now don''t go blaming PC Unpromotable for my post being removed. That was Sports Desk Pete. Unless of course one of you went all cry baby to him.

Today''s joke:

What do you call a container full o sh*te?

A dung can!

[A] [A] [A]
[/quote]

My Uncle used to make that joke when I was about 6. I thought it was funny then, 26 year old jokes tend to lose their comedic value though.

Still, I bet it raised a giggle with Pall.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]Now don''t go blaming PC Unpromotable for my post being removed. That was Sports Desk Pete. Unless of course one of you went all cry baby to him.Today''s joke:What do you call a container full o sh*te?A dung can![A] [A] [A][/quote]

My Uncle used to make that joke when I was about 6. I thought it was funny then, 26 year old jokes tend to lose their comedic value though.

[/quote]Wonderful, even your relative recognised it all those years ago. Nothing changes then.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]Now don''t go blaming PC Unpromotable for my post being removed. That was Sports Desk Pete. Unless of course one of you went all cry baby to him.

Today''s joke:

What do you call a container full o sh*te?

A dung can!

[A] [A] [A]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wonderful, even your relative recognised it all those years ago. Nothing changes then.
[/quote]

Indeed, my Uncle worked out that by strategically placing an additional letter into my name, you could create two words that represented a receptacle for holding excrement. He was a teacher too. Perhaps it''s the institutionalisation.....

Looks like things will be changing, at the AGM by the sounds of it......[:''(]

[quote user="crafty canary"]This seems a pragmatic solution to the issue until a new constitution is arrived at. I look forward to casting my proxy vote (unfortunately for some it seems it is wanted after all) via Beausant once the committee nominees and other voting issues are published.

[/quote]Seems strange you didn''t want a proxy vote to support your brother (Tangy) when he was standing for election to the committee at last years AGM.

As he was already on the committee I didn''t see the liklihood of him beinfg deselected. Good to see another of the Fantasy Four out and about, just needs PC Unpromotable now for a full house. Woof woof.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]Now don''t go blaming PC Unpromotable for my post being removed. That was Sports Desk Pete. Unless of course one of you went all cry baby to him.Today''s joke:What do you call a container full o sh*te?A dung can![A] [A] [A][/quote]

[/quote]Wonderful, even your relative recognised it all those years ago. Nothing changes then.[/quote]

Indeed, my Uncle worked out that by strategically placing an additional letter into my name, you could create two words that represented a receptacle for holding excrement. He was a teacher too. Perhaps it''s the institutionalisation.....

Looks like things will be changing, at the AGM by the sounds of it......[:''(]

[/quote]Whereas being a potman makes you potty. Potty and Nutty - runs in the family![;)] [;)] [;)]