Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NAME THAT TEAM v Chelsea (a) 2007

I''m still surprised we were only 1-0 down at halftime. It took me a while to realise one of the CB''s, had forgotten how many games he actually played in that position.

Struggling [:|] Need 4 more.Right Centre Back (left as you look at it)Right back?Both Wingers?Any clues people? I am sure one will be really obvious!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Struggling [:|] Need 4 more.

Right Centre Back (left as you look at it)
Right back?
Both Wingers?

Any clues people? I am sure one will be really obvious!
[/quote]

The wingers enjoyed very different fortunes under Glenn Roeder''s tenure.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]Got all of them but the right back and the 6 lettered centre back and the right winger which I was kicking myself about.[/quote]

I looked at website, so don''t need clues. Just kicking myself

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]I''m still surprised we were only 1-0 down at halftime. It took me a while to realise one of the CB''s, had forgotten how many games he actually played in that position.[/quote]

Actually the match was a lot more competitive than 4-0 would suggest. We hit the post midway through the first half before they scored, and their first goal was a horrible deflection.

They got another shortly after the break, but we should have scored (Cech made a wonder save I recall) before they got two more in injury time at the end.

Christ thats a bad team. One of the strikers probably one of the worst I have ever seen, the right back was useless and our best centre back at the time wassnt even playing in his primary position. Amazing what a transformation we have seen from those dark years

Always looked at Pink ''un but never actually created an account. The name that team was annoying me so much I actually created an account to ask for a clue. However I guessed the last remaining player (the less prolific of the two stickers) before I could activate the account.

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Struggling [:|] Need 4 more.Right Centre Back (left as you look at it)Right back?Both Wingers?Any clues people? I am sure one will be really obvious![/quote]

The wingers enjoyed very different fortunes under Glenn Roeder''s tenure.

[/quote]Thanks, that helped me get the RW. Still unsure on the other though - 3 to go...[:^)]

The right-sided CB is now retired.The LB has played at Carrow Road in each of the last two seasons with two different clubs.The left-sided midfielder is still with us.

I remember this game well as it was one of my few away trips. We should have gone ahead when Etuhu''s shot hit the post and rebounded to an unmarked Croft who, with an open goal in front of him, side footed it straight at Boulahrouz! We then went down a goal after a hammy SWP shot deflected in. David Marshall made his last app of his loan spell as he went off injured after twisting awkwardly on the sandy goalmouth, to be replaced by Gallacher.

I always thought Chris Martin played up front, as he scored in the 3-2 victory against Blackpool the round before...was he injured or suspended??

Cech also made a fantastic save to deny Croft when it was 2-0 I think.

Got to see one of the best ever strikers in Shevchenko (although he was rubbish at Chelsea) and my best memory was the 6,000 City fans out singing the Chelsea fans after they scored their 4th goal. OTBC outlasted their goal celebrations!

[quote user="Northluck C."]The right-sided CB is now retired.The LB has played at Carrow Road in each of the last two seasons with two different clubs.The left-sided midfielder is still with us.[/quote]Awesome, cheers! Got them, although I am afraid I had to cheat a little bit to get the RB! Pretty poor team!

Sadly cheated using "Flown from the nest" website.

Was astounded at how many people came/went that season.

Really shows what an awesome job Paul Lambert has done since, to turn our club around.