If it wern''t for you in ripping apart the team and the club, then i

doubt that we would be starting in the premier league in a mere few

weeks. Neil Doncaster may still be here, and we''ll be a mid table

Chapionship side, with no ambition. We wouldn''t have lost 7-1 to

Colchester and poached Our god Paul Lambert. Things would be, very

different. Thank you Neil Doncaster in appointing the saviour of Glenn

Roeder, Thank you Glenn Roeder for setting us up to this great sucess we

have going for us now.

Really?If you change one variable in a situation, it is a chain reaction causing all sorts of other things to change. Your post here is sheer stupidity- as you cannot tell that not appointing Roeder would result in us not being in the Prem, not having Lambert, or anything like that. It''s all completely unsubstantiated. I thank Paul Lambert for us being in the Prem due to him being er.....the manager of the team? That''s as far back as it can go, I''ve seen everyone from Gunn to Roeder to Doncaster being thanked for us being where we are now, but anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together can see that we are where we are due to Lambert''s management team, and none of these extraneous bullshit theories will change that.

[quote user="smiley"]If it wern''t for you in ripping apart the team and the club, then i doubt that we would be starting in the premier league in a mere few weeks. Neil Doncaster may still be here, and we''ll be a mid table Chapionship side, with no ambition. We wouldn''t have lost 7-1 to Colchester and poached Our god Paul Lambert. Things would be, very different. Thank you Neil Doncaster in appointing the saviour of Glenn Roeder, Thank you Glenn Roeder for setting us up to this great sucess we have going for us now.
[/quote]

Relegation at the time was a heartbreak for me, but we''ve bounced back stronger because we''ve got proper people to run the club, McNally has been an gem. We have a promising manager in Lambert, the best we''ve had a long time, We are not little Norwich anymore, we are treating the club as a business, such as ticket prices, its part of football im afraid. Im really confident because of how we are buying players, up and coming players who are young and have something to prove, best way of doing things i think.

I agree with what you say HY in that one factor will effect everything else. But I also think the OP is correct in that it was Roeder who ripped our team to shreds and set us up for relegation the following season. Without that, it is unlikely that the major changes in the personal running the club would have taken place. In the end, it is really Delia and MWJ that we have to thank for bringing in McNally and co., who were then able to recognise Gunn was an unsuitable manager and who quickly and decisively brought in Lambert and his team. Even McNally could not have foreseen that just 2 years later we would be in the Premiership though.
So I do agree that Roeder''s near destruction of the club was the major catalyst for what has happened since. And I for one, in addition to the OP, am now grateful for those events taking place, despite Roeder''s actions causing me to throw in my season ticket just a few weeks before he was thankfully given the boot. Its great to have a club that I can support 100% again.

I do actually agree with Smiley. Yes, I know that from an analytical point of view you can say it''s a bit of a shakey statement BUT it pointed to the board that this approach to running Norwich was, at best, not adequate and, as it turned out, disatrous. Just think, had we have got Jewell or somesuch and been hovvering around 8th in the Championship for a few seasons and then made a few play-off appearances but ultimately falling short, we would not be calling for wholesale change at the club. We would, for want of a better phrase, have been in the Comfort Zone.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

I agree with what you say HY in that one factor will effect everything else. But I also think the OP is correct in that it was Roeder who ripped our team to shreds and set us up for relegation the following season. Without that, it is unlikely that the major changes in the personal running the club would have taken place. In the end, it is really Delia and MWJ that we have to thank for bringing in McNally and co., who were then able to recognise Gunn was an unsuitable manager and who quickly and decisively brought in Lambert and his team. Even McNally could not have foreseen that just 2 years later we would be in the Premiership though.So I do agree that Roeder''s near destruction of the club was the major catalyst for what has happened since. And I for one, in addition to the OP, am now grateful for those events taking place, despite Roeder''s actions causing me to throw in my season ticket just a few weeks before he was thankfully given the boot. Its great to have a club that I can support 100% again.

[/quote]You are spot on Captn Canary, we should all be on our knees to thank Delia and MWJ. Without their inspired choices of Peter Grant followed by Glenn Roeder and then the real moment of genius, the appointment of Bryan Gunn and then his re-appointment after he got us relegated, we must all surely wonder where we might have been today.Thank God she can do no wrong.

Nah..... our relegation was thanks to the tackle on Hoolahan that put him out for the last 5-6 games. With him fit we would have stayed up and still be managed by mediocre Roeder. We must thank whoever made that awful tackle !!  [:D] 

[quote user="crafty canary"]You are spot on Captn Canary, we should all be on our knees to thank Delia and MWJ. Without their inspired choices of Peter Grant followed by Glenn Roeder and then the real moment of genius, the appointment of Bryan Gunn and then his re-appointment after he got us relegated, we must all surely wonder where we might have been today.Thank God she can do no wrong.

[/quote]You just can''t help yourself can you crafty. Is it just Delia you hate.....or all women? [:^)]

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

I agree with what you say HY in that one factor will effect everything else. But I also think the OP is correct in that it was Roeder who ripped our team to shreds and set us up for relegation the following season. Without that, it is unlikely that the major changes in the personal running the club would have taken place. In the end, it is really Delia and MWJ that we have to thank for bringing in McNally and co., who were then able to recognise Gunn was an unsuitable manager and who quickly and decisively brought in Lambert and his team. Even McNally could not have foreseen that just 2 years later we would be in the Premiership though.
So I do agree that Roeder''s near destruction of the club was the major catalyst for what has happened since. And I for one, in addition to the OP, am now grateful for those events taking place, despite Roeder''s actions causing me to throw in my season ticket just a few weeks before he was thankfully given the boot. Its great to have a club that I can support 100% again.

[/quote]

You are spot on Captn Canary, we should all be on our knees to thank Delia and MWJ. Without their inspired choices of Peter Grant followed by Glenn Roeder and then the real moment of genius, the appointment of Bryan Gunn and then his re-appointment after he got us relegated, we must all surely wonder where we might have been today.

Thank God she can do no wrong.
[/quote]

This ''it is really Delia and MWJ that we have to thank for bringing in McNally and co'' should have read ''it is really Delia and MWJ that we have to thank for finally seeing the light and bringing in McNally and co''
I am by no means a Delia/MWJ worshipper. They spent many years proving that they had no idea how to run a football club. There is little they have done that has been good for us. But I think its great that they finally admitted defeat and brought football people in to the board room to run the club how it should be run.

I don''t know, praise the woman and Istill get criticised. Damned if Ido and damned if I don''t.I see the old misogynist line being used again, you and the other members of the Fantasy Four (who will no doubt make an appearance at some point) ned to update your act - it becomes boring after several views.[:|][:|][:|] 

[:D][quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

I agree with what you say HY in that one factor will effect everything else. But I also think the OP is correct in that it was Roeder who ripped our team to shreds and set us up for relegation the following season. Without that, it is unlikely that the major changes in the personal running the club would have taken place. In the end, it is really Delia and MWJ that we have to thank for bringing in McNally and co., who were then able to recognise Gunn was an unsuitable manager and who quickly and decisively brought in Lambert and his team. Even McNally could not have foreseen that just 2 years later we would be in the Premiership though.So I do agree that Roeder''s near destruction of the club was the major catalyst for what has happened since. And I for one, in addition to the OP, am now grateful for those events taking place, despite Roeder''s actions causing me to throw in my season ticket just a few weeks before he was thankfully given the boot. Its great to have a club that I can support 100% again.

[/quote]

You are spot on Captn Canary, we should all be on our knees to thank Delia and MWJ. Without their inspired choices of Peter Grant followed by Glenn Roeder and then the real moment of genius, the appointment of Bryan Gunn and then his re-appointment after he got us relegated, we must all surely wonder where we might have been today.Thank God she can do no wrong.[/quote]

This ''it is really Delia and MWJ that we have to thank for bringing in McNally and co'' should have read ''it is really Delia and MWJ that we have to thank for finally seeing the light and bringing in McNally and co''I am by no means a Delia/MWJ worshipper. They spent many years proving that they had no idea how to run a football club. There is little they have done that has been good for us. But I think its great that they finally admitted defeat and brought football people in to the board room to run the club how it should be run.

[/quote]

Careful, Captn Canary, otherwise the Fantasy Four will be on your

case. Surely you know that Delia has never made a mistake in her life

and on the rare occassions she might have come close it was someone

elses fault. You''re not one of these here misognists are you?

[:D][:D][:D]

I''m thankful for the saying "Last chance saloon".....Because it was Micky and Deals no Deals final opportunity.....as things would have gotten awful sticky....

.....otherwise......

What probably started off as a tongue in cheek thread is going to degenerate into one of those playground spats that the Pinkun is so famous for. Enjoy boosting your notoriety and superstardom.My view ... well hindisght is a wonderful thing. Never a fan of Roeder, Gunn or Doncaster. Give thanks to the Darl Lord McNally [;)]

Whatever people may say about Delia''s and MWJ''s ability to run a football club, those 2 have NEVER turned their backs on NCFC and it is obvious that everything they do for the club is with the club''s best interests at heart.

How many other club owners can genuinely fall into that category? (Maybe Dave Whelan by my reckoning)

We are where we are because of a concatenation of events which serendipitously has bought us back to the Premier League. I believe that the whole framework of the club - owners, board, management, team, fans and infrastructure is the most healthy that I have ever known it, and, as such, have no qualms whatsoever about confidently predicting a top half finish.

[quote user="crafty canary"]I don''t know, praise the woman and Istill get criticised. Damned if Ido and damned if I don''t.I see the old misogynist line being used again, you and the other members of the Fantasy Four (who will no doubt make an appearance at some point) ned to update your act - it becomes boring after several views.

[/quote]The only thing that becomes boring crafty is your continuous sniping at D and M, even though the club is in a better position now than at any time since they took over, and certainly MUCH healthier than when they actually took over. We all know of the mistakes they have made in the past but the past is what makes most of us appreciate what is happening now. Lance that boil crafty and let all that poison out that''s eating away at you, you''ll feel much better about yourself and our club. [;)]

Maybe Gunn would have turned out to be a brilliant manager if only we had given him more time, and..er...maybe...erm...um...OK, I''ll get my coat.Nurse! Where''s my coat?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="crafty canary"]I don''t know, praise the woman and Istill get criticised. Damned if Ido and damned if I don''t.I see the old misogynist line being used again, you and the other members of the Fantasy Four (who will no doubt make an appearance at some point) ned to update your act - it becomes boring after several views.

[/quote]The only thing that becomes boring crafty is your continuous sniping at D and M, even though the club is in a better position now than at any time since they took over, and certainly MUCH healthier than when they actually took over. We all know of the mistakes they have made in the past but the past is what makes most of us appreciate what is happening now. Lance that boil crafty and let all that poison out that''s eating away at you, you''ll feel much better about yourself and our club. [;)][/quote]Finally, an admission that they are not omnisciently perfect. It''s been a long road but finally you''ve got there.[:O][:O][:O]

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

Whatever people may say about Delia''s and MWJ''s ability to run a football club, those 2 have NEVER turned their backs on NCFC and it is obvious that everything they do for the club is with the club''s best interests at heart.

How many other club owners can genuinely fall into that category? (Maybe Dave Whelan by my reckoning)

We are where we are because of a concatenation of events which serendipitously has bought us back to the Premier League. I believe that the whole framework of the club - owners, board, management, team, fans and infrastructure is the most healthy that I have ever known it, and, as such, have no qualms whatsoever about confidently predicting a top half finish.

[/quote]

I agree that they have done everything with the best of intentions. I doubt anyone would argue about that. Repeated bad decisions on there part almost led to the fans rising up against them like we did against Chase. Fortunately they made a very good decision at their last opportunity and I don''t think anybody would begrudge them that (other than scummers!). We all want NCFC to do well and thats why we get so passionate about things on occassions. Things are pretty rosey now and long may it last.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="crafty canary"]I don''t know, praise the woman and Istill get criticised. Damned if Ido and damned if I don''t.I see the old misogynist line being used again, you and the other members of the Fantasy Four (who will no doubt make an appearance at some point) ned to update your act - it becomes boring after several views.

[/quote]The only thing that becomes boring crafty is your continuous sniping at D and M, even though the club is in a better position now than at any time since they took over, and certainly MUCH healthier than when they actually took over. We all know of the mistakes they have made in the past but the past is what makes most of us appreciate what is happening now. Lance that boil crafty and let all that poison out that''s eating away at you, you''ll feel much better about yourself and our club. [;)]
[/quote]

---

Oh come on, lappin! "Better position"??? "Much healthier"??? Ludicrous.[:@] You''ll be claiming next that we''re actually in a higher division than the one we were in when Smith and Jones took over from Chase![;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Well I thank the Scottish FA for giving Doncaster a job thus creating a vacancy our end.[/quote]

Doomcaster fell on his sword Wiz long before the Scottish Premier League not for FA gave him a job.

[quote user="paul moy"]Nah..... our relegation was thanks to the tackle on Hoolahan that put him out for the last 5-6 games. With him fit we would have stayed up and still be managed by mediocre Roeder. We must thank whoever made that awful tackle !!  [:D] [/quote]

That tackes on Wes was a few minutes before half time when we played Plymouth at home. I missed it as I was in the tunnel between the Jarrold Stand and River End wating for the long distance supporters flag parade to start. It was described to me after the game, but I''ve never seen it.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Well I thank the Scottish FA for giving Doncaster a job thus creating a vacancy our end.[/quote]

Doomcaster fell on his sword Wiz long before the Scottish Premier League not for FA gave him a job.

[/quote]

Sorry but should read "the FA"

Yes!!! Thank you Glenn Roeder you massive bell end!!!

Glenn Roeder''s actions could''ve ruined our club...but no let''s thank him for taking us down...no thanks to Delia or Michael for employing McNally who had the nouse to get rid of Gunn and bringing someone else who we should all be thanking..Paul Lambert.

Words fail me

Strictly speaking Roeder didn''t take us down, Gunn did as we were not in the bottom 3 at the time of Fester''s appointment. You might wish to ponder on the people responsible for his appointment and his re-appointment following relegation.

God here we go again!

Haven''t we been through this before?

The big thing for me is that if we''d of somehow avoided relegation during that awful 2008-09 season none of the board changes or policies would of occurred and I reckon the club would now be in a much lower position than it currently is!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

God here we go again!

Haven''t we been through this before?

The big thing for me is that if we''d of somehow avoided relegation during that awful 2008-09 season none of the board changes or policies would of occurred and I reckon the club would now be in a much lower position than it currently is!

[/quote]

exactly.....