Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

City v Zaragoza unofficial match thread

#NCFC team: Ruddy, R Martin, Johnson, Morison, Holt (C), Hoolahan, Fox, Bennett, Barnett, De Laet, Naughton.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

With Ward out thats as strong as it gets for me. Lambo wants a win tonight me thinks.

[/quote]

Looks like Naughton is playing LB - not sure if he will displace Tierney when he is fit.

[quote user="Desert Fox"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

With Ward out thats as strong as it gets for me. Lambo wants a win tonight me thinks.

[/quote]

Looks like Naughton is playing LB - not sure if he will displace Tierney when he is fit.

[/quote]

Are you aware how much TH paid for Naughtons services? He must be something special.

Naughton is efftctively Spurs fourth choice RB behind Walker, Corluka and Hutton (all of whom are likley to be first choce for their respective countries). I am aware of the deal that brought him (and Walker as a joint package) to Spurs was rumoured to be, but strongly suspect that this was over egged in the media.

Anyway, I am really excited about him joining us and agree that he is a class player. My point was that I would expect him to be challenging Martin at RB (and possibly even Bennett at RM) rather than Tierney who is a natural LB and who I think will progress further this year. If I am wrong, we will ahve an embarrsamnet of riches at LB with Naughton, Tierney, Drury and De Laet (if he is not first choice CB).

Da Laet, header from a freekick. Fox Cross, Holt Knockdown, De Laet squeezing it in with a header

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Naughton is efftctively Spurs fourth choice RB behind Walker, Corluka and Hutton (all of whom are likley to be first choce for their respective countries). I am aware of the deal that brought him (and Walker as a joint package) to Spurs was rumoured to be, but strongly suspect that this was over egged in the media.

Anyway, I am really excited about him joining us and agree that he is a class player. My point was that I would expect him to be challenging Martin at RB (and possibly even Bennett at RM) rather than Tierney who is a natural LB and who I think will progress further this year. If I am wrong, we will ahve an embarrsamnet of riches at LB with Naughton, Tierney, Drury and De Laet (if he is not first choice CB).

[/quote]

You''re not wrong DF. Its good we have a player capable of covering both LB an RB positions. Good thinking by Lambert.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]1-1[/quote]

For the attention of Smudger as i am sure even though he is not there he will blame Ruddy[:(]

I was driving past the ground and up through Bracondale and there was a flash of light and all of a sudden the streetlights went out.That was what it hit then XD

Any updates on tonights injured players?, are we going to start the season looking a little short of our finest eleven?

Back from the game, we looked really good with some slick passing especially in the first half.

I''m surprised our Spanish friends finished with 11 players on the pitch, some nasty tackles were flying in and Morison was slapped round the face by their No.17 and my god did they whine when things didn''t go their way, their Manager was spoken to by the Ref for whistling when he thought they should have had decisions.

[quote user="Harry"]Back from the game, we looked really good with some slick passing especially in the first half.

I''m surprised our Spanish friends finished with 11 players on the pitch, some nasty tackles were flying in and Morison was slapped round the face by their No.17 and my god did they whine when things didn''t go their way, their Manager was spoken to by the Ref for whistling when he thought they should have had decisions.[/quote]Can''t imagine too many people getting away with slapping Morison pre season or regular season, the lad must have been in great form tonight.

Also back from the game, the stand out players for me were De Laet and Naughton, which is a little bit of a worry as they are both loans, season long though luckily.Elliott Bennett looked rather sharp tonight too,  his pace was a threat and when the opportunities were there, got a good ball in the box. Hoolahan was doing what he does best and really ran some rings round there midfield at times.  Morrison held the ball up well at times too, got one very good shot off to produce a good save from Toni.I wasn''t over joyed by Bradley Johnson, he worked hard and made a nuisance of himself, but for me tonight he was a bit of huff and puff with no real end product. Seemed to be more of a lunge after played ball than get a tackle in kinda guy.Back to my leading two though, the loaned in defensive cover. Naughton looked comfortable on the ball and had some great first touches. Found space a lot and it was unfortunate we didn''t switch to him more often to stretch the play. De Laet really is a piece of class though from what I saw tonight. VERY pacey center back. Positioning is fantastic, strong in the air and a good talker. Very astute signing!I hope I haven''t been too harsh on ol'' Johnson, I am sure he will improve and this is just my opinion as a fan from what I have seen tonight. At the end of the day I am not a pundit or ex player.

I''m back too and was well impressed by Skinny Latte easily the man of the match and a different class followed by Naughton, easily best two players on the pitch, I thought Johnson looked strong and did his bit plus thought Morrison had a good game.

Horrible night, got soaked going in, thunder and lightening plus fiery tempers from the Spaniards and their manager and Tierney entertained us with cartwheels when the floodlights went out.

Good to see Pilkington for last 15 mins.

shame we weren''t playing a German side when the lightening struck

been no problem, as

''many hans make light work''

[quote user="Harry"]I didn''t think you were going tonight CA[/quote]

Never said I wasnt going just said I couldn''t meet up before the game, whilst you''re here what did you think of Holt and Morrison tonight?

[quote user="jayncfc"]Also back from the game, the stand out players for me were De Laet and Naughton, which is a little bit of a worry as they are both loans, season long though luckily.

[/quote]

Why is that a worry though, they are young players on the books of established, top Premiership sides. Even if we are in the PL for a few years players of their calibre will always go to the top teams.