Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

This week's weekly cryptic riddle/puzzle

I have noticed that too many of you are a little bit too clever so have a go at this week''s weekly cryptic riddle and make old Bore Bore Bor a happy man. 

Started off at a club whose nickname is also a singular Paul McCartney solo album, before signing for the Canaries.

After leaving Norwich City, he did a "Kevin Costner" before joining another club - you could say he took the money and ran.  It''s rumoured that at his last club, some people called him the Space Cowboy, while I believe some others called him the Gangster of Love.  His name however was not Maurice so don''t go with that line of thinking.

First name out of the hat wins some NORWICH FC merchandise.

Be good to each other, and remember - [8]No Surman, No Cry.[8]

Spent some time looking at the clues only to find i had been beaten to it.

Paul Blades.

[quote user="DOGGER"]He needs to make it harder next time[;)]
[/quote]

---

While Bore is working on that, here is an easy one. What is the connection between Norwich City and a world record Rugby League attendance?

[quote user="DOGGER"]Paul Blades?
[/quote]

Well played, Mr.Dogger.  You are indeed the winner.  I am slightly disappointed as I thought this would have kept you all busier for longer but there we are, I have been shown up for underestimating you all once more.

"Norwich City and a world record Rugby League attendance?"

Craig Bellamy

[quote user="City1st"]"Norwich City and a world record Rugby League attendance?" Craig Bellamy[/quote]

---

No. Or at least not what I was thinking of. To give an extra clue, a Norwich City promotion and a world record Rugby League attendance.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Nothing to do with Norwich winning promotion at Bradford''s Odsal Stadium (a Rugby League ground of course) in 1986 is it?
[/quote]

---

Indeed. A then world record for RL, of  102,569, when Halifax played Warrington in 1954. And I was at that Bradford game. A strange sunken bowl of a stadium, with a big grass bank, as I recall, and a strange game. We scored in the first minute of each half, and that was that.

NRL grand final world record attendance for a Rugby League game featured Melbourne Storm who are now coached by Craig Bellamy.

A bit of a bonus riddle if it wasn''t the one you planned Purple.