Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

Lansbury and Pacheco at Xmas?

I know that most people, me included, would have loved to have had these two in on loan or on permanent deals in this window... but I''ve changed my mind. I reckon these two could be fantastic signings in January. We have already seen them come in and make an instant impact, could these be our mid-season throw of the dice or our shuffle of the cards at Christmas? One could assume that if we are close to or in the relegation zone they would need to be loans, with a view to permanent deals at the end of the season. Wenger is giving Lansbury a chance it seems, but will he be in the Arsenal fold come Xmas? Who knows. Not signing these two players, or either of them, might actually be a masterstroke. Imagine the buzz at Carrow Road if we are sitting in 17th and these two are revealed on January 1st, particularly as the squad know them already - would give them all a lift too. All just maybes of course, but a distinct possibility, and potentially a clever move there by Lambert (as long as nobody else snaps them up first).

It would have to be permanent as we already have our maximum loans. However, at least both are under 21 and so dont count towards the 25 man squad.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]It would have to be permanent as we already have our maximum loans. However, at least both are under 21 and so dont count towards the 25 man squad.[/quote]Permanent it is then! I doubt we would see both arrive on a permanent. Just my wishful thinking.Unless..... one arrives before 31st August (yes please!!)

i like both players but mixed views on the january thing. Lambert has held back cash but if he needs to spend much then it would suggest that we are in difficulties so i hope we dont have to bring in many new year recruits for that reason

I totally agree with all points by our fan in yorkshire.

I do hope we feel we have most recruits for the whole season and not relying on making a move for particulars in january. However a little push then will help and for sure there are a few positions that a number of us have noted may need further experience. We will see.

In regard to these two.

Lansbury - lets see how he re-acts to any move for fabregas and nasri, if both stay and he doesn''t get a run out before the end of the window, throw in a bid. Could be one to monitor, but I don''t think he will get much playing time or impress in training if fabregas and nasri stay. If they go he has something to prove.

Pacheco, is eager to play. Which means after the tournament he is in now will want to impress. No mutterings from spain came out after he said he may have to look at options. I am sure liverpool know they can make some serious money from a talented young man. Again one to be monitored.

But I hope that what squad we have by the first game is what we truely believe can take us through to the end and no real panic in january and just a supplementary player or two.

I do wonder if Lansbury may be here before the start of the season just feel he will not get his chance at Arsenal and both he and wenger may get frustrated. The pressure is on as a new contract will need to offered, so we''ll see