Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

QPR are spending afterall....

Was it all just a big trick? After looking like they were selling their best player and Warnock having £1.5m to spend, they have now signed Gabbidon, Dyer, Bothroyd and their best player is staying. In addition they are about to sign DJ Campbell.Now apparently they are going to pay Joe Cole £60k per week to take him on loan for the season, are trying to sign Nedum Onouha, and may sign Jason Puncheon. Whilst there is a lack of transfer fees there, certainly no lack of wages!Could it be that the Tony Fernandes deal is almost wrapped up? I suspect he told them not to sell Tarabt or something. Looks like they may not be dead certs afterall, can assume that Fernandes is standing behind Warnock.

Well - I would not like Dyer (past it), Gabbidon (injured), Bothroyd (arrogant, lose team spirit).

DJ Campbell, did ok last year, poor at Leicester. Joe Cole past his best. Did Onouha play much for Sunderland last year?

Not for me thanks

I suppose it make sense as Ecclestone etc want to sell up. This way they don''t have to spend much money but boost the club''s profile with well known signings. The costs come in the high wages and that''ll be a problem for the new owners.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]Well - I would not like Dyer (past it), Gabbidon (injured), Bothroyd (arrogant, lose team spirit). DJ Campbell, did ok last year, poor at Leicester. Joe Cole past his best. Did Onouha play much for Sunderland last year? Not for me thanks[/quote]

He made 31 appearances and scored a cracker at Stamford Bridge. Wish we were in for him.

I wish we were in for DJ Campbell and Onouha. Campbell showed he can score goals with Blackpool next season, and I am pretty sure would score even more with the creativity we have in our squad (Pilks, Bennett, Wes, Surman, Fox etc). Also Onouha is class. Young, experienced and quick. Would be perfect for us!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]I wish we were in for DJ Campbell and Onouha. Campbell showed he can score goals with Blackpool last season, and I am pretty sure would score even more with the creativity we have in our squad (Pilks, Bennett, Wes, Surman, Fox etc). Also Onouha is class. Young, experienced and quick. Would be perfect for us![/quote]

Still would rather have the majority of our signings.... Campbells form last year is the only basis of me thinking he would be a good signing and honestly you just never know how he might settle in a squad, he certainly benifited from the supply he recieved from Adam.

Chelmsford Canary, do you think QPR would want an injury prone striker, a Championship striker, two League one midfielders, two young premiership defenders with no prem experience?

Dyer, Gabbidon and Cole if fit could all be ket for them. DJ Campbell and Boothroyd are both decent strikers who will do a job especially if Taarabt is playing well. And Onouha is a pacey defender, which seems to be the main reason everyone rates De Leat....

I''m not saying i would prefer QPRs signings/potential signings, i''m happy with what we''ve got. But there signings, if Warnock gets the best out of them, will be very good and my prediction of them finishing bottom, could be way of the mark.

I don''t think Campbell will be good, only really hit it off at two clubs. He was poor at Leicester and Birmingham. I think he needs to fit into a formation and be the top striker. He doesn''t seem to do well with competition. They have Bothroyd who will offer strong competition. I don''t rate the Campbell signing personally.

Dyer, Bothroyd and Gabbidon I don''t think are much, highly paid players, two got relegated from Premier League team last season and the other one had a poor second half of the season.

I do like Puncheon and Onouha though, they would be good signings.

I would put money on QPR to go down this season virtually all the players they have bought are either past their best or injury prone. I Would rather have young fit driven players that we have.

The reason I rate De Laet is more his composure than his pace. Against Palace he looked very comfortable on the ball and dealing with their forwards. His pace is a bonus.

The problems I see for QPR is that they''re adding several disruptive players to a team that already has a massive prima donna. If Warnock can get them all working together they could do well, but that''s a bit if. Also if they go down they could be screwed, either they''ll lose all of their best players or be stuck with guys on wages way too high to be sustainable outside the Premiership.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]Well - I would not like Dyer (past it), Gabbidon (injured), Bothroyd (arrogant, lose team spirit).

DJ Campbell, did ok last year, poor at Leicester. Joe Cole past his best. Did Onouha play much for Sunderland last year?

Not for me thanks[/quote]I happen to prefer Lamberts transfer policy too, but that isn''t to say that Warnocks wont work. Most premiership clubs will be looking at our squad and saying "who?", it would be more of a surprise to us if we finished rock bottom than to any other football fans I can tell you that! Lambert likes playing the underdog, which is good because we are certainly that!Obviously I agree that Dyer is well past it, they would have been better off signing Bowyer for a season (dare I say it). I am interested to see you relate Gabbidon with injury, he was out with one serious injury, may I remind you that Anthony Pilkington just had a serious injury too? And that James Vaughan has had four serious injuries? Not sure about Bothroyd''s arrogance, most strikers are arrogant, that''s why they have the bottle to play up front - arrogance is what makes Grant Holt so f''in good. Both DJ Campbell and Jay Bothroyd are great signings in my opinion. The jury is out on Joe Cole, but any scorer of the World Cup goal of the tournament is worth a punt in my eyes.... I''d bleeding have him, reckon he will surprise a few people. As or Onouha, he is class mate, can play at centre back or right back and is probably at least as good as Kyle Naughton.I have absolutely no affiliation or affliction with QPR, but I think it''s dangerous to look through yellow tinted specs and understimate every other team. They won the league last season, not us, and I expect it to be just as hard if not harder to win points at Loftus Road as it was last year for us. Which is the most important thing of course, what happens in our games agains them.

[quote user="Mahogany"]The reason I rate De Laet is more his composure than his pace. Against Palace he looked very comfortable on the ball and dealing with their forwards. His pace is a bonus.

The problems I see for QPR is that they''re adding several disruptive players to a team that already has a massive prima donna. If Warnock can get them all working together they could do well, but that''s a bit if. Also if they go down they could be screwed, either they''ll lose all of their best players or be stuck with guys on wages way too high to be sustainable outside the Premiership.[/quote]QPR fans on their forum reckon that the major problem with the club is that they have players signed in 2007 who hardly featured last year who are on £15k - £20k per week after promotion rises. They didn''t name names, but people like Rowlands and Lee Cook are probably amongst them. Some of them seem to think that those players are hindering their efforts, I reckon their financial security upon relegation will depend more on when those players deals expire. Warnock has left the following players out of his squad:Lee CookMartin RowlandsLeon ClarkeGary BorrowdaleAntonio GermanNo idea how much those five are on, but they seem insistant that they are being limited by fringe players who were signed when their board first took charge and handed out stupid deals to everybody. So we can assume that they have come up in bad shape.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Mahogany"]The reason I rate De Laet is more his composure than his pace. Against Palace he looked very comfortable on the ball and dealing with their forwards. His pace is a bonus.

The problems I see for QPR is that they''re adding several disruptive players to a team that already has a massive prima donna. If Warnock can get them all working together they could do well, but that''s a bit if. Also if they go down they could be screwed, either they''ll lose all of their best players or be stuck with guys on wages way too high to be sustainable outside the Premiership.[/quote]QPR fans on their forum reckon that the major problem with the club is that they have players signed in 2007 who hardly featured last year who are on £15k - £20k per week after promotion rises. They didn''t name names, but people like Rowlands and Lee Cook are probably amongst them. Some of them seem to think that those players are hindering their efforts, I reckon their financial security upon relegation will depend more on when those players deals expire. Warnock has left the following players out of his squad:Lee CookMartin RowlandsLeon ClarkeGary BorrowdaleAntonio GermanNo idea how much those five are on, but they seem insistant that they are being limited by fringe players who were signed when their board first took charge and handed out stupid deals to everybody. So we can assume that they have come up in bad shape. [/quote]Gabbidon and Dyer are on one year deals by the way, Joe Cole would be a loan, so I doubt it will cause them too many problems. Tarabt would be sold for a substantial amount too, so reckon they would be ok.

[quote user="LeJuge"]Was it all just a big trick? After looking like they were selling their best player and Warnock having £1.5m to spend, they have now signed Gabbidon, Dyer, Bothroyd and their best player is staying. In addition they are about to sign DJ Campbell.

Now apparently they are going to pay Joe Cole £60k per week to take him on loan for the season, are trying to sign Nedum Onouha, and may sign Jason Puncheon. Whilst there is a lack of transfer fees there, certainly no lack of wages!

Could it be that the Tony Fernandes deal is almost wrapped up? I suspect he told them not to sell Tarabt or something. Looks like they may not be dead certs afterall, can assume that Fernandes is standing behind Warnock.
[/quote]

Onouha would be a quality signing, he''s always impressed me when I''ve watched him. And Bothroyd is obviously excellent and will do well for them. DJ Campbell again did well for Blackpool so no reason why he won''t do so again for QPR.

I''m not sure about Cole, he seems to have totally lost it about four years ago, and Gabbidon is an unknown quantity for me.

But Dyer is a laughable signing.

Onouha would be the stand out signing for me, he has the potential to be a quality defender, the other signings are nothing better than what we have signed close season. 

Lets not forget they haven''t signed Onouha yet, and I cannot see them signing Cole.  His star might have dropped in the last few years but he would still want to sign for a bigger club than QPR!