Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Awful club merchandise

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Has anyone seen the new range of kiddy clothes from the official NCFC shop?For £12.99, you can buy tatty, poor quality tops with "Norwich FC" stamped all over it in what looks like Comic Sans font.  Most aggravatingly, "Norwich FC" isn''t even the correct name of our club.[/quote]I just had a look at the Online Store and from what I can see out of all the kids stuff there are 2 tops with "Norwich FC" on them, there were hell of a lot more with Norwich City, Norwich City FC and OTBC on them as well as ones with just the club crest.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="TIL 1010"]David McNally has replied thanking me for my feedback and saying he will investigate the matter.Most impressed to get a reply which took 1 hour 32 mins.[/quote]

Doomcaster would have replied immediately!

and posted 4 pages of crap before answering a question with another question.
[/quote]

He wouldn''t have had to reply at all, because there wouldn''t have been any cause for such a complaint. The old managerial regime may have had some faults but at least it knew what the name of the club was.

[/quote]

There still remains over a half of ''that may have had some faults managerial regime'' still sitting at the helm at Carrow Road......Have they now forgotten what the name of the club is?......Why haven''t they reminded our current CE and the other newer members of the present managerial regime - what the name of the club is.....?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]David McNally has replied thanking me for my feedback and saying he will investigate the matter.Most impressed to get a reply which took 1 hour 32 mins.[/quote]With the Norfolk Constabulary, NCISA and LVA on his back he didn''t have much choice did he? [:^)][;)]
[/quote]

Oh dear me Lapps what is the Association for retired barrow boys called?[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]David McNally has replied thanking me for my feedback and saying he will investigate the matter.Most impressed to get a reply which took 1 hour 32 mins.[/quote]With the Norfolk Constabulary, NCISA and LVA on his back he didn''t have much choice did he? [:^)][;)]
[/quote]

Surprised to see the monkey having a go at the organ grinder!

[quote user="smooth"]Don''t even get me started. Go to the MLS, NFL, NBA or any north american teams site and the range and quality is superb.

We have always been shortsighted with our store, as are most english teams. No question the club could get a great deal more money in if this area had the foresight to work with those who provide to the US sports and have a range here in the UK and NCFC[/quote]

agreed, check it all out. think every club in the country will be miles behind though

[quote user="smooth"]Don''t even get me started. Go to the MLS, NFL, NBA or any north american teams site and the range and quality is superb.

We have always been shortsighted with our store, as are most english teams. No question the club could get a great deal more money in if this area had the foresight to work with those who provide to the US sports and have a range here in the UK and NCFC[/quote]

agreed, check it all out. think every club in the country will be miles behind though

Presumably McNally is acting on the old saw  that ''no business goes bankrupt by under-estimating the taste of the great British public'' - and is therefore in the process of raking in record sales and profits jn the club merchandise aspect of the business.

So, all the more lovely lolly for Lambo to invest and for Bowkett to pay down that debt.

Smart chap.

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"]Oh dear. With Commander Tilson on the case, I can see mass demonstrations ouside the club shop at the opening game.......

[/quote]

Lappy, what makes you think that Tilly is capable of organising a mass demonstration?

OTBC

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Has anyone seen the new range of kiddy clothes from the official NCFC shop?For £12.99, you can buy tatty, poor quality tops with "Norwich FC" stamped all over it in what looks like Comic Sans font.  Most aggravatingly, "Norwich FC" isn''t even the correct name of our club.[/quote]I just had a look at the Online Store and from what I can see out of all the kids stuff there are 2 tops with "Norwich FC" on them, there were hell of a lot more with Norwich City, Norwich City FC and OTBC on them as well as ones with just the club crest.[/quote]Well, there we are.  I went into the official Castle Mall store which is where I saw several examples of tat, but it''s all about the main argument which is you are not "protecting the club" if your own "official" merchandise is 4th rate quality and some of it can''t even get the club''s name right. I''d argue that the "On The Ball" beer label showed more love for the club than the stuff hanging on the castle mall shop rails.

My genuine "Klause Kobec" limited edition Norwich City watch, with certificate saying it was number 67 has not lived up to it`s exclusive quality image, the beatifull chrome bit round the outside turned a brassy colour after a few months and it now has a two tone appearance. One day I am sure it will have all changed colour and be one solid lump of brass. Keeps the time well though!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]BTW that relates to Comrade Lapdog and Uncle Plod.

[/quote]Ha ha Tangy, hilarious. I just don''t know how you keep coming up with them! [:S]

It''s another cracker![:''(]

It''s the way he tells ''em [:''(][:''(]

I think Tangie''s the funny man and Crafty''s the straight man. Like a tag team.....

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I see the organ grinder''s monkeys are out in force again.

[/quote]Oh-o-o-o-o-hahahahahaha!!!  Please stop it Tangy, my sides are hurting. [:D][:D][:D]You''ve got me ROFLMAO!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I see the organ grinder''s monkeys are out in force again.

[/quote]Oh-o-o-o-o-hahahahahaha!!!  Please stop it Tangy, my sides are hurting. [:D][:D][:D]

You''ve got me ROFLMAO!

[/quote]

Comrade Lapdog,

Is that the best you can do?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Another thread bites the dust...
[/quote]

---

Not in this case, I think, Chops, despite the degeneration into predictable idiocy. However it came about, someone at Carrow Road, and presumably someone fairly senior, because these decisions are not made by assistants, put on sale official merchandise that had the club''s name wrong. Either that or no-one ever actually checked the merchandise. Which is hard to believe. You rightly raised it and TIL 1010 took the trouble to email McNally. It is not an issue that will be forgotten.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

---

Not in this case, I think, Chops, despite the degeneration into predictable idiocy. However it came about, someone at Carrow Road, and presumably someone fairly senior, because these decisions are not made by assistants, put on sale official merchandise that had the club''s name wrong. Either that or no-one ever actually checked the merchandise. Which is hard to believe. You rightly raised it and TIL 1010 took the trouble to email McNally. It is not an issue that will be forgotten.

[/quote]

Ignoring the now fashionable tendency for posters to become "plastic mods" I think the days when supporters had much input into the football clubs business are long gone.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

Ignoring the now fashionable tendency for posters to become "plastic mods" I think the days when supporters had much input into the football clubs business are long gone.

[/quote]

nutty, I''m not sure supporters at any club have ever had that much input, but that is not really the point here. This mistake presumably would have happened whether supporters some input or not. The lettering on clothing is hardly the kind of thing about which they would have been consulted.

The point here is much more actually getting a satisfactory answer from the club, and we''ll see if one is forthcoming.

Well they used to at Norwich Purple. Whether it was right or wrong is a different issue but supporters at Norwich FC[:$] had a big input in decisions that affected them. That has now gone along with other fan friendly policies. I''m sure there will be an answer from the club on this one. Whether it''s satisfactory remains to be seen. But then who''s to judge?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well they used to at Norwich Purple. Whether it was right or wrong is a different issue but supporters at Norwich FC[:$] had a big input in decisions that affected them. That has now gone along with other fan friendly policies. I''m sure there will be an answer from the club on this one. Whether it''s satisfactory remains to be seen. But then who''s to judge?

[/quote]

Indeed they did, nutty. It was more the real effect of that input I was querying. I don''t know what relations were like between the club and NCISA, but certainly the SCG, whatever the faults in the way members were chosen, was a genuine forum at which fans could question directors and senior employees at length and pin them down. That genuine consultation has to all intents and purposes been scrapped.

The previous ''regime'' thankfully, allowed the support to vote on whether we wanted ''green'' or ''yellow'' shorts....Now, that''s democracy.....

Shame they didn''t ask us before ''Bruce Oldfield''s'' designer yellow shirt n'' shorts were introduced......(Snug-fit, but, I did like the Colman''s logo though)....

Folk need to realise that we are just customers/punters.....And unfortunately, whether you have been an ''in the stands supporter'' for seventy or seven years.....seven weeks - or, seven days....seven hours - or, seven seconds.....You will still get the same treatment if you''re just an ''in the stands supporter'' at Carrow Road....10 away stubs etc....might make you a little more appreciated when it comes to purchasing away tickets....and some other niff-naff marketing stuff that makes you feel a bit special....and preferential for perks.....but, you pay for perks, they''re not gratis. I bet there are many on here who were frustrated when unable to purchase tickets for an ''attractive'' home and away game - and know folk who haven''t attended Carra in more than a decade going to the game.... 

There are many in the wings to fill the void if you decide to throw in the supporting towel/scarf for whatever your reasons, whether it be financial, re-locating or a change in personal circumstances....A clup rep won''t be frantically banging on your door or continually ringing your phone crying "Please re-consider.....don''t leave us!"......

We''re all just customers (a number) - and are all treated the same as (even more so, now that we''re back in the Premiership)....That''s unless, you''re willing to pay for....perks.

"COME ON NORWICH FC!"

Anybody in the same boat as me?

Tried on the replica shirt but sadly there weren''t designed for people with big necks, well I am 16.5neck and  need an XL but it made me look a right fatty!!

I bought the training top instead and even in this its a squeeze to get it over my head, perhaps our Italian cousins are made differently?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Another thread bites the dust...[/quote]

---

[/quote]

Ignoring the now fashionable tendency for posters to become "plastic mods"

[/quote]

Or the increasingly fashionable tendency to turn any thread on any subject into a frankly tedious mud slinging match between the usual suspects...

Just to let you know that i have not yet received any feedback on the CEO''s "investigation" but will send another e-mail in a few days if nothing is forthcoming.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just to let you know that i have not yet received any feedback on the CEO''s "investigation" but will send another e-mail in a few days if nothing is forthcoming.[/quote]

Email the club telling them you''re interested in moving from behind the dug-out - and are considering purchasing a corporate box for a few seasons in the river-end....They''ll ping a reply back, quicker than you can say..."Allo, allo, allo.....wots all this then?"

Just looking on the online Canary Store and unbelievabley the Premier Leugue Badges are seven years out of date! They don''t even say Premier League, they say "Premiership"http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/browse02.aspx?group1=PREMIERSHIP&page=1&order=0See here to see how they should look, and how out of date the ones the Canary Store are selling arehttp://www.onionbag.com/print-room/?p=41

I worked for a small company who provided products to European soccer clubs. I went to the largest event in the UK in about 2005 our product was probably the third of fourth best product there. The standard was atrotious, temporary tatoos etc were all the rage, poorly made figourines etc.

I rarely buy anything from our club shop, I am a fan of other teams in other sports and spend a great deal of money on their merchandise due to the quality and appeal of the products.

There was a great characteur picture of the 1992-93 squad t shirt which always sticks in my mind and no question retro shirts are most appealing (if not badly produced).

I recently have bought 5 reebok t shirts with each superbowl achievement of the 49ers, the print and quality is superb and all for $70 so about a tenner each.

Speaks volumes our products could be so good to spread our name but alas no. If I was in charge then there is no question I would be looking at the MLS and Amercian sport groups to get ideas and move forward. A number of products have been the same for years actually decades.