Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Awful club merchandise

Has anyone seen the new range of kiddy clothes from the official NCFC shop?For £12.99, you can buy tatty, poor quality tops with "Norwich FC" stamped all over it in what looks like Comic Sans font.  Most aggravatingly, "Norwich FC" isn''t even the correct name of our club.If this was a market stall somewhere (and McNally wasn''t trying to shut them down) then I''d still not buy it.  But to have this kind of tat in the official shop is really taking the p*ss.  I''m all for McNally trying to "protect the brand" (see: "On the ball beer") but it''s a bit disingenuous to claim you are defending the club''s brand/intellectual property if this kind of cruddy merchandise is his idea of quality - what a complete rip off.

Hasn''t been anything decent since the ''Never Blue'' range.

The range of rubbish which was available last year hit an all time low. Surely they know that he better the design and quality, the more they will shift, irrespective of the price.

I used to always pick up a couple of the training items, not at £32 a pop this season though!

pretty much everything in that shop made over the last 10 years has been tat!My favourite scarf i bought from some chap outside Carrow Road when Worthy took us up.They need to keep the stuff fresh, not bring in new lines and keep the till the following season starts. Our club shop is crap compared to other clubs... lets have new products every few months... 1 trip a season is all you need to see everything right now!

I was in the store in the Mall last week and was suprised by how much new stuff they had in.

Some of the "real" kiddy stuff: the replica kit, has been held up. I ordered kit for my grandson weeks back and still haven''t got it. After telling me it would be delayed until 18th July, I had a phone call last week to say the lorry bringing a load of clothing including kid''s stuff had crashed on its way to Norwich and there would be another long delay.

Most of the new clothes I have seen are not too bad - there''s just not enough of it yet - and the club shops can''t sell any of their old stock as they have changed to Errea.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

For £12.99, you can buy tatty, poor quality tops with "Norwich FC" stamped all over it in what looks like Comic Sans font.  Most aggravatingly, "Norwich FC" isn''t even the correct name of our club.

[/quote]

"Norwich FC" is an absolute outrage.How about an e-mail to Mr.McNally Mister C?[:@]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Maybe they should open a club stall on Norwich market?[/quote]To be honest Mello, the kiddy merchandise is probably sub-Norwich market standard.[img]http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/assets/images/Product/Thumb/3805.jpg[/img]It looks knock-off. Norwich Football Club?  Who?

God you two need to get a life, I can''t wait for the season to start, you two will be little rays of sunshine when we lose our first game.

[quote user="Harry"]God you two need to get a life, I can''t wait for the season to start, you two will be little rays of sunshine when we lose our first game.[/quote]Win lose or draw, the merchandise is still shit.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Harry"]God you two need to get a life, I can''t wait for the season to start, you two will be little rays of sunshine when we lose our first game.[/quote]Win lose or draw, the merchandise is still shit.[/quote]Win, lose or draw you''ll still find something to moan about.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Harry"]God you two need to get a life, I can''t wait for the season to start, you two will be little rays of sunshine when we lose our first game.[/quote]Win lose or draw, the merchandise is still shit.[/quote]Win, lose or draw you''ll still find something to moan about.[/quote]Not really.  I think the club ripping fans off through crappy merchandise is a legitimate thing to complain about.  I don''t think that makes me a serial moaner, and it has nothing to do with the performance of the team on the pitch.

Opinions on the design of club merchandise are always going to differ but when said merchandise fails to even display the correct name of the club, you have to wonder about how it has been sanctioned to make production. If I saw that gear in a South East Asian market I would berate the vendor but feel quite proud about our profile. Seeing it in the official club store is just inexcusable.

I have to agree with Choppsy''s point concerning McNally.  Protect the club''s image, yet the club shop has a range of substandard market stall shiite.  It''s not on really.

Don''t even get me started. Go to the MLS, NFL, NBA or any north american teams site and the range and quality is superb.

We have always been shortsighted with our store, as are most english teams. No question the club could get a great deal more money in if this area had the foresight to work with those who provide to the US sports and have a range here in the UK and NCFC

I agree it is awful....and to be honest to get it right is hardly difficult...who is resposible for it at the club, because if they worked for me they would not have a job!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I have just sent an e-mail to David.McNally@ncfc-canaries.co.uk alerting him to this unacceptable merchandise.[/quote]

---

Be interesting to see what the reply is, because this can hardly be the fault of some junior employee. This merchandise will have been approved at a very high level.

Purple i dont think Til was being serious i think he was in fact taking the p**s out of the fans moaning about the merchandise. However i think they are right to be pissed off especially with the otbc beer which was a great piece of branding i think the marketing director of the club shop should be given to mr brewery im sure he will be happy with that compromise after losing his livelyhood.

Oh dear. With Commander Tilson on the case, I can see mass demonstrations ouside the club shop at the opening game.......

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Purple i dont think Til was being serious i think he was in fact taking the p**s out of the fans moaning about the merchandise. However i think they are right to be pissed off especially with the otbc beer which was a great piece of branding i think the marketing director of the club shop should be given to mr brewery im sure he will be happy with that compromise after losing his livelyhood.[/quote]

---

You might be right, Better Wizard. It wouldn''t be the first time I''ve been wrong about something. But it did strike me as genuine, especially given an earlier post:

"Norwich FC" is an absolute outrage.How about an e-mail to Mr.McNally Mister C?Angry [:@]

My posts have been serious and not a pee take.Before you know it OTBC will be changed to OTBN.

David McNally has replied thanking me for my feedback and saying he will investigate the matter.Most impressed to get a reply which took 1 hour 32 mins.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]David McNally has replied thanking me for my feedback and saying he will investigate the matter.Most impressed to get a reply which took 1 hour 32 mins.[/quote]With the Norfolk Constabulary, NCISA and LVA on his back he didn''t have much choice did he? [:^)][;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]David McNally has replied thanking me for my feedback and saying he will investigate the matter.Most impressed to get a reply which took 1 hour 32 mins.[/quote]Impressive indeed, and will be interested to hear any outcome. [Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]David McNally has replied thanking me for my feedback and saying he will investigate the matter.Most impressed to get a reply which took 1 hour 32 mins.[/quote]Doomcaster would have replied immediately!and posted 4 pages of crap before answering a question with another question.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="TIL 1010"]David McNally has replied thanking me for my feedback and saying he will investigate the matter.Most impressed to get a reply which took 1 hour 32 mins.[/quote]

Doomcaster would have replied immediately!

and posted 4 pages of crap before answering a question with another question.
[/quote]

He wouldn''t have had to reply at all, because there wouldn''t have been any cause for such a complaint. The old managerial regime may have had some faults but at least it knew what the name of the club was.