Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Chris Martin to Watford

A local Hertfordshire newspaper has reported that Watford are looking to sign Chris Martin on a season long loan or permanently to replace previous leading scorer Danny Graham. We currently have six strikers and there is a squad limit of 25, so Lambert will be looking to trim his squad. If he signs for Watford he is expected to go for around the £1 Million mark, which has been funded by Graham''s transfer to Swansea City.

If he is loaned out and does well I think there could be a route back into the club which he probably deserves due to the amount of goals he has scored for the club also his value will increase if he scores a lot of goals in the Championship so it would be a shrewd move by Lambert.

[quote user="Canaryfan 25"]A local Hertfordshire newspaper has reported that Watford are looking to sign Chris Martin on a season long loan or permanently to replace previous leading scorer Danny Graham. We currently have six strikers and there is a squad limit of 25, so Lambert will be looking to trim his squad. If he signs for Watford he is expected to go for around the £1 Million mark, which has been funded by Graham''s transfer to Swansea City.

If he is loaned out and does well I think there could be a route back into the club which he probably deserves due to the amount of goals he has scored for the club also his value will increase if he scores a lot of goals in the Championship so it would be a shrewd move by Lambert.[/quote]Was CM injured for last night''s match, or just unused? If Wilbraham is coming on ahead of him (and again on Saturday), that would add credibility to this rumour.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Canaryfan 25"]A local Hertfordshire newspaper has reported that Watford are looking to sign Chris Martin on a season long loan or permanently to replace previous leading scorer Danny Graham. We currently have six strikers and there is a squad limit of 25, so Lambert will be looking to trim his squad. If he signs for Watford he is expected to go for around the £1 Million mark, which has been funded by Graham''s transfer to Swansea City. If he is loaned out and does well I think there could be a route back into the club which he probably deserves due to the amount of goals he has scored for the club also his value will increase if he scores a lot of goals in the Championship so it would be a shrewd move by Lambert.[/quote]
Was CM injured for last night''s match, or just unused? If Wilbraham is coming on ahead of him (and again on Saturday), that would add credibility to this rumour.
[/quote]

Lambert confirmed that C.Martin had a hamstring injury

[quote user="Canaryfan 25"]A local Hertfordshire newspaper has reported that Watford are looking to sign Chris Martin on a season long loan or permanently to replace previous leading scorer Danny Graham. We currently have six strikers and there is a squad limit of 25, so Lambert will be looking to trim his squad. If he signs for Watford he is expected to go for around the £1 Million mark, which has been funded by Graham''s transfer to Swansea City. If he is loaned out and does well I think there could be a route back into the club which he probably deserves due to the amount of goals he has scored for the club also his value will increase if he scores a lot of goals in the Championship so it would be a shrewd move by Lambert.[/quote]

I presume that is your opinion and not the writing of the newspaper journalist. Either way, Lambert doesn''t have trim the squad at all. There''s still at least room for one if not two more. He is a talented player and unless he has been playing up at the club - which I doubt he has - then there''s surely a place for him this season.

I don''t believe he was injured and I think Lambert has lost faith in him since his court case and is now bottom on his list of strikers with an uncertain future at the club.

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Canaryfan 25"]A local Hertfordshire newspaper has reported that Watford are looking to sign Chris Martin on a season long loan or permanently to replace previous leading scorer Danny Graham. We currently have six strikers and there is a squad limit of 25, so Lambert will be looking to trim his squad. If he signs for Watford he is expected to go for around the £1 Million mark, which has been funded by Graham''s transfer to Swansea City. If he is loaned out and does well I think there could be a route back into the club which he probably deserves due to the amount of goals he has scored for the club also his value will increase if he scores a lot of goals in the Championship so it would be a shrewd move by Lambert.[/quote]Was CM injured for last night''s match, or just unused? If Wilbraham is coming on ahead of him (and again on Saturday), that would add credibility to this rumour.[/quote]

Lambert confirmed that C.Martin had a hamstring injury

[/quote]Cheers Alysha, missed that. Probably the same ''injury'' that sceptics were refusing to believe around the time of his court case... [;)]

yes, Lambert is going to lie (with all the implications that involves)

when he could have simply said nothing

[quote user="Canaryfan 25"]I don''t believe he was injured and I think Lambert has lost faith in him since his court case and is now bottom on his list of strikers with an uncertain future at the club.[/quote]

Ohhh thats why he was has been used quite alot in pre season and hasn''t done to badly. Not good enough for the Prem at the moment, loaning him out would be a great move for us and him so we can really see what he can do.

It looks to me like Lambert is trying to turn Martin into an attacking midfielder. That''s where he''s been playing a lot of the pre-season. I don''t think Lambert would be bothering with that if he intended selling him.

Wouldn''t sell him. I think it is important to have a decent 5 good strikers at the club and for me Martin would make the cut. Particularly as he can also play behind the strikers and from the left hand side.

[quote user="Canaryfan 25"]I don''t believe he was injured and I think Lambert has lost faith in him since his court case and is now bottom on his list of strikers with an uncertain future at the club.[/quote]

I believe that you are Mel Henderson.

We are not desperate for £1m . Loan him out to a championship club BUT with a recall if needed. he needs games and another season in the championship should once and for all indicate if he can kick on or peaked at league 1.

[quote user="Canaryfan 25"]I don''t believe he was injured and I think Lambert has lost faith in him since his court case and is now bottom on his list of strikers with an uncertain future at the club.[/quote]Here we go again, Chris Martin was rested because he "had a little problem with his hamstring" this was said by Paul Lambert so why don''t you believe it?

Why do some people still fail to notice Martin has been playing as an AM in pre-season. I''ve barley been on pinkun in recent weeks, and have only looked at score/scorers from the friendly games, and even i have read 3/4 times that Martin has been playing at the top of the diamond.

He quite clearly struggled with being a striker last year, anyone trying to defend him when others said he was rubbish, were mainly mentioning his connecting play, passing, holding the ball up, touches etc. All of that will be better done from AM, rather than wasting a strikers position. And Lambert seems to have the same opinion now.

And also, the players who aren''t in Lamberts plan, weren''t given a squad number and were told they could leave. Chris Martin was not one of them.

As mentioned before, a short term loan could be beneficial for him, and us. But a season long loan, or sale seems unlikely and to be honest a waste. Martin has obviously got some talent, and in the past his off field activities have got him into some bother, although that was mainly years ago, and only one incident has publicly been known. He''s a confidence player, and he quite clearly lost a lot of confidence last season, due to a few average performances, lack of goals and probably the court case.

I think Martin will have a part to play this season, probably not a huge part, but still.