Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

A Note To Gorleston Jim

Jim, I noticed the little spat you had with 1st Wizard. I must confess I was disappointed that you let a few sharp words discourage you, causing you to say you won''t be coming on this site again. Jim, I have had "sharp words" with many posters on here and, no doubt, will again. Personally, I think it adds a little spice to the inevitable differences of opinion. There are the odd one or two posters, who may have disliked me immensely when I first posted, who now appear to have grown rather fond of me, but I digress lest it invites comments from the long-standing "enemy". While it is clear that you have a dislike for "sharp comments", if you can look beyond that, this is an excellent message board ( with occasional slips and those that can improve ), to which you added a nice gentle touch and I personally hope that you may be peeking at the board, and will be big enough to change your mind. I know the board is filled with rhetoric today about Ashton but this message is to let you know, not withstanding that excitement, your contribution is valued.

[quote]Jim, I noticed the little spat you had with 1st Wizard. I must confess I was disappointed that you let a few sharp words discourage you, causing you to say you won''t be coming on this site again. Jim,...[/quote]

Well said Yankee, I echo your well constructed thoughts.

Now I have not always agreed with YC, (or Wiz for that matter) but on this occasion can I just add my support to these words?  Jim, these boards are all the better for your input, and if you do choose not to contribute in the future, you will be sorely missed.

May i also say, i hardly know you Jim, but i have noticed that your posts are usually make a lot of sense, in my opinion anyway. You will be missed but i suspect that you will return, if only because of missing the chat.

[quote]Jim, I noticed the little spat you had with 1st Wizard. I must confess I was disappointed that you let a few sharp words discourage you, causing you to say you won''t be coming on this site again. Jim,...[/quote]

Wow ! 

The fact that the eloquent, and much admired, Y.C. should notice my absence from this Forum has compelled me to abandon my self imposed exile.

To the huge fan club I appear to have accumulated, (eight at last count), I thank you for your encouragement for my return.

I shall tread carefully in future to ensure I remain worthy ( no pun intended) of your much valued comments.

Finally I would say that Wiz, to his great credit, took the trouble to contact me personally over this issue and as a result we have no ill feelings toward each other.

Thank you all

Jim

Good to have you back Jim - as others have already said your put your points across in an eloquent and educated manner that has been sorely missed.I look forward to reading more of you in the near future.OTBC

What was the subject name for this spat with the wizard, I want to go back and have a look it sounds like it must have been lively?

[quote]Wow ! The fact that the eloquent, and much admired, Y.C. should notice my absence from this Forum has compelled me to abandon my self imposed exile. To the huge fan club I appear to have accumulat...[/quote]

Wahay.  Jimbo is back, jimbo is back

Welcome back Jim.

Though I must say, I find it strange that you decided to put yourself in "exile", it''s quite obvious you are a popular poster and one of the more cerebral posters on the board.

Good to see you posting again but I just don''t understand why you decided to leave in the first place.

[quote]Wow ! The fact that the eloquent, and much admired, Y.C. should notice my absence from this Forum has compelled me to abandon my self imposed exile. To the huge fan club I appear to have accumulat...[/quote]

I''m dead pleased about this Jim, your far too valuable to loose my friend.

Welcome back.