Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Stoke 1-0 Hajduk Split

Just incase anybody is interested, Stoke won their first leg 1-0. The 2nd leg in Croatia is next week. (incase anybody is wondering why this would be of any interest of NCFC fans, Should Stoke get to the next round of the Uefa Cup, then our game against them at CR may have to be moved, probably to the Sunday). Really hoping they lose the second leg, I think they will, given that they only won 1-0 at home

On the other hand if they get through to the next round they may draw a team from eastern Russia to play on a Thursday night and then have to come back and prepare for a match at carrow rd on Sunday?!?!.....it may play into our hands yet !!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

On the other hand if they get through to the next round they may draw a team from eastern Russia to play on a Thursday night and then have to come back and prepare for a match at carrow rd on Sunday?!?!.....it may play into our hands yet !!

[/quote]Exactly! It would also be fantastic to listen to the likes of Atletico Madrid and Sporting Lisbon, for example, bitch about the long balls and physical stuff should Stoke make the group stage.

GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"On the other hand if they get through to the next round they may draw a team from eastern Russia to play on a Thursday night and then have to come back and prepare for a match at carrow rd on Sunday?!?!.....it may play into our hands yet !!

Can''t really see it playing into our hands that much to be honest, people keep mentioning them being tired etc but an established premier league teams players wont be tired a few games into the season, admittedly naturally they wont be as fresh. Purely from a personal point of view, the ex wife letting me have my son on his birthday (20th) and ive got tickets, i do not want it moved and i would love to see them lose the 2nd leg.

Surely it''s better to play a team low on confidence who are losing games than it is to play a team high on confidence because they have been winning games?? !

It''s all over, Stoke are through. Hopefully they draw a Russian club in the playoff round and have the first leg away!

Does this now mean our home match with them will have to be moved to the Sunday? I was under the impression this would be the case if they won this tie. Good for me as I have to play cricket on the Sat, not so good for most I would think.

Almost certainly yes. The draw for the next round (two-legged playoff) is tomorrow by the way.