Sign in to follow this  
Oswald Cobblepot

Goal Highlights from last night's game . . .

De Laet goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkxgl9-ps44

Equaliser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc4SFIfx4P0&feature=related

Not sure if anyone has already posted these, apologies if they have.

Now I''m not one for criticising him, and in fact I''ve been backing him to do well as our number 1, but looking at the equaliser, I''d have to say Ruddy looked at fault, not convincing in coming off his line to punch the ball away and pretty much missed it. Hope we don''t see too much of that this season!!

Apart from that, can''t say too much as I wasn''t there last night so can only go by the report and comments on the other threads.

Ruddy flapping at thin for the second game in a row... unless he starts to command his box more then we''re are going to have serious problems with crosses and set pieces.

Awwww; where was the ''ggggoooooooooooooaaaaaaaallll'', or is that more a South American thing?

Completely agree about Ruddy too. He''s a Norwich player so I''ll support him 100% but he really does look suspect at times

Our defender was also asleep, statuesque, and allowing the opponent to hook the ball back into the area. He should have put the ball out for a corner.

How was he flapping at thin air? Did the ball change it''s trajectory by itself?

No, but if you come rushing out, you HAVE to win the ball and make it your own. He didn''t, he came out and made a half-arsed attempt a punch and never looked like winning it.

That''s a contradiction, he made contact so he won the ball, in doing so he took it away from one of their players, if our defenders had been more alert the danger could have been cleared.

Let''s not forget this was a friendly game played in torrential rain don''t read to much into it.