Sign in to follow this  
unique

A stark warning......

just as the new season is set to get underway....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2022589/Ian-Holloway-struggling-deal-Blackpool-nightmare.html

Let''s hope McNally''s ''7-year plan'' holds us in good stead, just in case the season fails to pan out as we all would like it to...

The article appears to be saying that Blackpool paid premiership wages and has now reverted to basic championship pay. But their financial rewards are now lower than some of the Championship ''gamblers''

Result - 16 players have left and others are discontented

We all know that clubs like Derby were breaking the bank to get promoted ( Ipswich as well) - but money , and paying high wages does not guarantee you success

Don''t understand why they are not using some of the parachute payments to have a reasonable go at getting promotion but they probably broke the bank in trying to buy a side to stay up

Cue Paul Lambert - 7 modest signings and financial prudence

McNallys 3 year plan might be appropriate

A real go at maintaining Premiership status

A second season where finances are controlled

then improved - without reducing the quality of the team

Then a viable future as a long term Premiership club

What nightmare, Blackpool have brought it on themselves, by cashing in on some of the stars of the team, I know they didn''t have a lot of choice with Adams, but the rest tehy could have kept, but this says it all!

"The core of his promotion team have left and, with chairman Karl Oyston reluctant to dip into the £48million in parachute payments that are meant to cushion the fall from the top division, the manager has not been able to replace them."

Not only the 48 million but the 10 million from the sale of the other players, sorry but this is Mr Oyston cashing in on the premiership and not investing back into Blackpool making them a Yoyo club.

Sorry but I have little sympathy, the parachute payment is designed to make sure these clubs can hold on to the core of the team so if they decide to sell and not re-invest don''t whinge!

I will be very dissapointed if this board haven''t learned from the last premiership outing and sure us up should we be relegated this season.

[quote user="Indy"] Not only the 48 million but the 10 million from the sale of the other players, sorry but this is Mr Oyston cashing in on the premiership and not investing back into Blackpool making them a Yoyo club. Sorry but I have little sympathy, the parachute payment is designed to make sure these clubs can hold on to the core of the team so if they decide to sell and not re-invest don''t whinge![/quote]

You''ve stated it''s Mr. Oyston cashing in so why can Holloway not "whinge" as you put it.

I''d be disappointed if this board did the same but I''d also expect Lambert to be vocal about the fact that it is in fact the board who are holding the club to ransom and threatening to ruin everything the manager had done. Exactly what holloway is doing.

Because Mr. Oyston isn''t going to be held to ransom by the greed of football, good on him. Some players not in the right frame of mind because they are not being paid premiership wages, well that to me is breach of contract and terms for dismissal! get shot.

Holloway is a manager and knew what relegation would do, he must have known which players would react the way they did and if he doesn''t like it quit.

''Players have gone back to their Championship wages which were awful" how many people on this message board are anywhere near the lowest earning player at Blackpool!

Get a life Mr Holloway and the players at Blackpool need to be loyal to the club and fans.

As entertaining as Holloway is, he''s clearly an idiot. This interview can surely only further damage team morale?!

Although to some extent I agree with him, he shouldn''t publicise this type of animosity towards the chairman. The fact the chairman won''t dip into the millions that must surely be in the coffers doesn''t mean you go to the papers and slate everybody. And what a thing to say; ''You would not believe the chasm that''s left when the Premier League goes away,'' he said. ''The excitement, the tension, even just looking forward to the games. That''s not there any more.'' So the Championship is that terrible? Be realistic, even that is well above where a team of their size should expect to be.

Look on the bright side you miserable sod Ian!!!