Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

This time last year....

August 6th 2010. Newly promoted Norwich City take on Malky''s Watford. Lose 3.2,and we all walk out of the ground wondering what is in store for us for the rest of the season? No Holt. Deflected goals. If only we knew. Would have saved a few more grey hairs!

yeh, i remember that feeling, walking out of the Red Lion feeling like it was going to be a long hard season... and look how it turned out, perhaps we need to remember that and hold our nerve if next saturday looks bad...

Even before the loss at home to Watford, i would have been happy if we finished mid table.

What Paul Lambert, Staff and team did after that initial defeat is not far short of miraculous.

When we finished season 2009, we had about 8 our own senior players.

We now have a squad 23 first team players of our own, plus the very promising Rithie de Laet & Kyle Naughton on loan.

Paul Lambert is going to have a right headache deciding on his best eleven players for each game in the coming season.

We might not be good enough, who knows, but i''ve supported City since 1962, and never known us to have a squad of 25 players that could all be considered 1st team squad.

Then we have youngsters, Tom Adeyemi, George Framcomb, Josh Dawkin, Jed Steer, & Matt Ball, all on the verge of making the break through, and others just behind them.

The futures bright. The futures yellow.