Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Home match v Stoke will be postponed if Stoke beat Split over two legs in the European League .. oh dear

I''m sure both clubs, Norwich and Stoke, know that if Stoke go through to the next Round of the European League, Stoke will have to play their next game on thursday the 18th of august, two days before our home game with Stoke.

The clubs must have thought about this and will know now what the alternative playing date will be and also the kick-off time.

I think Norwich supporters have the right to know this now, so please Norwich City Football Club come forward and tell us !

Many people will have to make other arrangements ...

I''m fairly sure it was mentioned in the article about the games on Sky moving. I don''t think the date is finalised, because Stoke haven''t won yet. It will either be the Sunday or Monday evening.

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

I''m sure both clubs, Norwich and Stoke, know that if Stoke go through to the next Round of the European League, Stoke will have to play their next game on thursday the 18th of august, two days before our home game with Stoke.

The clubs must have thought about this and will know now what the alternative playing date will be and also the kick-off time.

I think Norwich supporters have the right to know this now, so please Norwich City Football Club come forward and tell us !

[/quote]Norwich cant tell us because they dont have a time machine they can use to find out the result of the Stoke Vs Hajduk Split game.... or do they?!

They don''t Jas, because time travel was proved impossible yesterday.

Keep up!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fscience-environment-14289114&h=XAQBAns5i

Fans need to get used to this, they may not like it but games will get moved due to opponents involvement in Europe and cup replays etc at short notice.

Anyway I will be supporting Stoke tonight. Will be a big advantage to our chances of beating them if they have to play a european game 3 days before ours, possibly away from home in eastern europe. It may inconvenience a few fans but what would you prefer, to watch the game and see Norwich lose, or not being able to make it and for Norwich to win?

I''m most definitely NOT supporting stoke as it my son''s 7th birthday on the 20th and i''ve got tkts for the match. Cmon Hadjuk!! I read quite some time ago that the game would get moved, i think i read that stoke have to have 2 clear days between games and that it would be played on the Sunday.

It wont be postponed it will be moved to the Sunday as everyone has said, it was announced right at the start when the fixtures came out.

I''m hoping for the Sunday personnaly

I can make either day, but would prefer the Sunday if it means that the Stoke players may be tired from their previous game in Europe.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="YellowRoad"]

[/quote]

Norwich cant tell us because they dont have a time machine they can use to find out the result of the Stoke Vs Hajduk Split game.... or do they?!
[/quote]

They don''t have to have one. If they lose it takes place on the original day but if they win it moves to Sunday. Rocket science it aint!

Don''t want it moved, I will have to change a lot of plans if it''s on the Sunday.

Well last week the club didn''t give anything away on which day the game will be played if Stoke would win, while we all know they can think and plan in advance ... (???)

Now Stoke have come through in front of a 30.000 Split crowd,  it''s time to give us, the fans, the new match date ...

Or do we first have wait for Mr Blatter and his UEFA draw this afternoon ?

I hope I''m not the only one who thinks this could actually be a good thing for us. They will have more games which can only help our efforts to beat Stoke. They could get some injuries (probably to Woodgate) too. Plus, I can''t go to the game over that weekend as I''m going to V festival. Hopefully they reschedule it to during the week after!

This has made my day !!!I am at a wedding on the 20th and gutted I miss the first game of the season, but now its on the sunday its all good !!!!

Nexus_Canry Wrote.This has made my day !!!I am at a wedding on the 20th and gutted I miss the first game of the season, but now its on the sunday its all good !!!!

You''re lucky it''s f@@king ruined mine. I don''t get to have my boy very often (due to the ex wife), got tkts for this game, on his birthday (20th) and now it''s f@@king changed, well p!ssed off!! Grrrr!!!

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Nexus_Canry Wrote.This has made my day !!!I am at a wedding on the 20th and gutted I miss the first game of the season, but now its on the sunday its all good !!!!

You''re lucky it''s f@@king ruined mine. I don''t get to have my boy very often (due to the ex wife), got tkts for this game, on his birthday (20th) and now it''s f@@king changed, well p!ssed off!! Grrrr!!![/quote]

Dittto. Can''t go if its on the Sunday and will mean i won''t get to a game until 11th September. Very annoying and just because Stoke get to a tinpot qualifying round for what is now a tinpot european competition.

I am still clinging to the hope that the fact we have not yet announced the revised date means there is some debate as to whether we are actually compelled to agree to switch it and maybe Mcnasty will dig his heels in!

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Nexus_Canry Wrote.This has made my day !!!I am at a wedding on the 20th and gutted I miss the first game of the season, but now its on the sunday its all good !!!! You''re lucky it''s f@@king ruined mine. I don''t get to have my boy very often (due to the ex wife), got tkts for this game, on his birthday (20th) and now it''s f@@king changed, well p!ssed off!! Grrrr!!![/quote]

Shut up moaning,[:P] you''re only a fan we are now in the Premiership now the likes of you don''t matter any more.

S**T League for proper fans IMHO[:''(]

"Proper Charlie"]Nexus_Canry Wrote.This has made my day !!!I am at a wedding on the 20th and gutted I miss the first game of the season, but now its on the sunday its all good !!!!You''re lucky it''s f@@king ruined mine. I don''t get to have my boy very often (due to the ex wife), got tkts for this game, on his birthday (20th) and now it''s f@@king changed, well p!ssed off!! Grrrr!!

Shut up moaning, you''re only a fan we are now in the Premiership now the likes of you don''t matter any more.

S**T League for proper fans IMHO

Balls to ya( haha). Had a season tkt for ages but managed to get my Wife and boy a tkt for this game,only for it to be screwed by (as afore mentioned) a "tin pot" cup.

Stoke drew FC Thun and will be travelling to Switzerland just before our game.

I can''t make it on the Sunday so presumably I acn get a refund on my ticket.I am waiting until something comes up on the club website before phoning up. Seems a bit strange they haven''t said anything yet?

officially moved to Sunday

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2411585,00.html

Those taking the p1ss out of Proper Charlie obviously haven''t got kids or haven''t got kids who live with exes. Leave him alone - PC I feel for you

That said we''re now in the prem where kickoffs get moved for almost any reason. People should be aware of who''s in Europe especially the Europa League as any game afterwards is likely to be put back to the Sunday. English teams rarely lose in qualifying rounds and Stoke were always in with a good chance of progressing. You''ll have to live with it I''m afraid

"i live 20 mins walk from ground with no woman to nag at me or make other plans

ah, single life has some benefits!"

That must be why you are a w4nker San Miguel