Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Norwich XI vs Billericay tonight

Rudd, Jackson, Wilbraham, Whitbread, Lappin and Drury all included in the squad, so there might be a bit more interest in the game than first thought! I presume these are playing as they didn''t feature last night (apart from a brief Jackson & Wilbraham appearance) but if so why no Korey Smith or Surman?

Perhaps Lambert wants to try Holt and Morrison again, or 1 of them in a lone role and can''t give Jackson/Wilbraham more than 20 mins so is giving them a run out tonight.

I suspect Surman and Smith will start on Saturday.

City XI to play Billericay Town: Rudd, Drury, Brindley, K. Smith, Francomb, Whitbread, Lappin, Adeyemi, Wilbraham Jackson, Dawkins. KO 7.30

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

City XI to play Billericay Town: Rudd, Drury, Brindley, K. Smith, Francomb, Whitbread, Lappin, Adeyemi, Wilbraham Jackson, Dawkins. KO 7.30
[/quote]Thanks. Looks like all the big players are playing then! Hope that Jacko and Wilby get some goals, no matter the opposition goals always give strikers confidence and confidence can only be a good thing going into a new season.

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

Thanks. Looks like all the big players are playing then! Hope that Jacko and Wilby get some goals, no matter the opposition goals always give strikers confidence and confidence can only be a good thing going into a new season.
[/quote]

With the Parma game on Saturday it is actually quite a strong team to send to Billericay, some of those will be playing in the PL at some point this season.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]Thanks. Looks like all the big players are playing then! Hope that Jacko and Wilby get some goals, no matter the opposition goals always give strikers confidence and confidence can only be a good thing going into a new season.[/quote]

With the Parma game on Saturday it is actually quite a strong team to send to Billericay, some of those will be playing in the PL at some point this season.

[/quote]I know, and it must be the first ''X|'' starting team in which I have heard of every player! Usually it is full of scholars.

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]Thanks. Looks like all the big players are playing then! Hope that Jacko and Wilby get some goals, no matter the opposition goals always give strikers confidence and confidence can only be a good thing going into a new season.[/quote]

[/quote]I know, and it must be the first ''XI'' starting team in which I have heard of every player! Usually it is full of scholars.[/quote]

''Goal! Billericay Town 0 City XI 1 Simeon Jackson scores a tap-in after good work from Wilbraham to create the opening. 37 mins''

Good to see Jacko on the score sheet

I know we shouldn''t keep discussing Cody.

However, i really can''t see why he''s not being included in these kind of games, at least give him a sniff at something. The guy is totally shut out and unable to get any kind of pre-season in him whatsoever.

I understand that Lambert has made his mind on him and so it must be that he can only concentrate on possible squad players, but it''s just a little bit annoying. ...More of the situation, not at lambert or the club.

I will try not to mention his name again..

Would just be great to see him wear the Norwich shirt again, thats all.

He would piss teams like this, if we''re not keeping him and asking 600k then at least give him the chance to shine.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Would just be great to see him wear the Norwich shirt again, thats all. He would piss teams like this, if we''re not keeping him and asking 600k then at least give him the chance to shine.[/quote]

No. You''re wrong.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]2-1 to us. Drmola.[/quote]

Not bad for a kid who was born with two vowels missing.

[/quote]Sounds like a dentist. Dr. Mola

Following the NCFC tweets, why do idiots come out with stupid phrases like "whhhooooo?" when one of the youngsters scores a goal? If you have not heard of them get on canaries.co.uk and check them out instead of humiliating them. Plank.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Following the NCFC tweets, why do idiots come out with stupid phrases like "whhhooooo?" when one of the youngsters scores a goal? If you have not heard of them get on canaries.co.uk and check them out instead of humiliating them. Plank.[/quote]

What user name do you tweet under, if you don''t mind me asking?

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Following the NCFC tweets, why do idiots come out with stupid phrases like "whhhooooo?" when one of the youngsters scores a goal? If you have not heard of them get on canaries.co.uk and check them out instead of humiliating them. Plank.[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t.... [;)]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]2-1 to us. Drmola.[/quote]

Not bad for a kid who was born with two vowels missing.

[/quote][Y][:D]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="alysha"]

[/quote]

I don''t.... [;)]

[/quote]

Thank you, which name do you tweet under then?..Not that I''m expecting the answer.. [:)]

[quote user="Boris"]who score 3rd goal ?[/quote]

Wilbraham

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I know we shouldn''t keep discussing Cody. However, i really can''t see why he''s not being included in these kind of games, at least give him a sniff at something. The guy is totally shut out and unable to get any kind of pre-season in him whatsoever. I understand that Lambert has made his mind on him and so it must be that he can only concentrate on possible squad players, but it''s just a little bit annoying. ...More of the situation, not at lambert or the club. I will try not to mention his name again..[/quote]

It''s weird isn''t it. Lambert has made his mind up and nothing will change it as he is not prepared to even have a look at Cody in a competitive game, and to me that is a major weakness in his make-up.  It has parallels with the way Roeder treated Lappin IMO, and I''m sure that this will be a major driver for Cody in the rest of his career just as it was for Lappin.  

"as he is not prepared to even have a look at Cody in a competitive game"

He has scouts, assistants etc to do that

Cody needs to find another club ... he has an agent to do that

now, why not let it go ?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I know we shouldn''t keep discussing Cody. However, i really can''t see why he''s not being included in these kind of games, at least give him a sniff at something. The guy is totally shut out and unable to get any kind of pre-season in him whatsoever. I understand that Lambert has made his mind on him and so it must be that he can only concentrate on possible squad players, but it''s just a little bit annoying. ...More of the situation, not at lambert or the club. I will try not to mention his name again..[/quote]

It''s weird isn''t it. Lambert has made his mind up and nothing will change it as he is not prepared to even have a look at Cody in a competitive game, and to me that is a major weakness in his make-up.  It has parallels with the way Roeder treated Lappin IMO, and I''m sure that this will be a major driver for Cody in the rest of his career just as it was for Lappin.  

[/quote]Do you actually have any evidence that Lambert is treating Cody in the same way Roeder treated Lappin, or are you merely speculating? Truth be told, neither you nor I have any idea what is going on behind the scenes whatsoever, so it is really quite ridiculous to make the comparison between somebody who has brought us massive success and a squad we can be proud of, to somebody who gutted the club and very nearly brought us a catastrophe instead.I appreciate you are a massive fan of Cody, but I simply cannot believe you are taking it to these lengths. Everyone is (of course) entitled to their opinion, but I must say that it seems you are such a great fan of Cody that it is clouding your judgement with regards to other major players within the club, including Lambert.And to sum up, the majority of players (ones that have not featured under Lambert) have had nothing but good words to say about him on departing the club. I can''t remember similar comments at all under previous managers, so to suggest that he is behaving like Roeder is petty at best.

Another parallel  I see (and have previously mentioned) was Steve Bruce selling Andy Johnson to Palace and taking Clinton Morrison to Brum. Morrison now plies his trade at Sheff Wed while Johnson scored tonight and won a penalty in a european game.  That equates with Jackson v Cody IMO and time will tell whether that pans out in a similar way.  I believe it will.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Do you actually have any evidence that Lambert is treating Cody in the same way Roeder treated Lappin, or are you merely speculating? Truth be told, neither you nor I have any idea what is going on behind the scenes whatsoever, so it is really quite ridiculous to make the comparison between somebody who has brought us massive success and a squad we can be proud of, to somebody who gutted the club and very nearly brought us a catastrophe instead.

I appreciate you are a massive fan of Cody, but I simply cannot believe you are taking it to these lengths. Everyone is (of course) entitled to their opinion, but I must say that it seems you are such a great fan of Cody that it is clouding your judgement with regards to other major players within the club, including Lambert.

And to sum up, the majority of players (ones that have not featured under Lambert) have had nothing but good words to say about him on departing the club. I can''t remember similar comments at all under previous managers, so to suggest that he is behaving like Roeder is petty at best.
[/quote]

I just don''t believe that he''s had a fair chance, and it appears that there are a few people on here like Skijumptoes with a similar view. I remember in 1997 when nothing could be said that was negative against Tony Blair as he was the new messiah and it now appears that this BB is adopting a similar attitude on Lambert. Anybody who expresses any criticism is automatically portrayed as a loony and lacking in judgement and has to be bullied into silence.