Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

NCISA AGM

Just to let everyone know that this years AGM will be held on Wednesday 28th September at 7.30pm in the Norfolk Lounge at Carrow Road. All members are invited to attend, and could anyone wishing to stand for office contact Kathy as soon as possible.

Further details will be announced in due course.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Is there anybody out there? How about a response from our ever active committee.
[/quote]

Sorry Crafty. Not trying to ignore you. The chairman is away at the moment and the honest answer is I''m not 100% sure at the moment, and I dont want to give you duff information. Nobody has ever asked before but this is obviously something we need to address. Please bear with me.

[quote user="Kathy "]

[quote user="crafty canary"]Is there anybody out there? How about a response from our ever active committee.[/quote]

Sorry Crafty. Not trying to ignore you. The chairman is away at the moment and the honest answer is I''m not 100% sure at the moment, and I dont want to give you duff information. Nobody has ever asked before but this is obviously something we need to address. Please bear with me.

[/quote]kathy, thank you and I understand the desire to provide accurate info. I''ll wait to hear from you .

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Can a supporter''s group really be "independent" and still use the club''s facilities for its meetings?[/quote]For one supporter! that''s taking the piss.

[quote user="crafty canary"]What are the arrangements for exile NCISA members to exercise a proxy vote?
[/quote]

Apologies for the time lag on the reply. I''ve had a couple of days at the Test match, so have been hard to contact. Having checked with Roy Blower and John Wilkinson, who know much more than me about these things, the answer is that the constitution does not allow proxy voting. It would appear that the constitution is based on that of the old Norwich City Supporters Club, and is similar to that of the Supporters Trust in this respect.

As you are probably aware, the AGM is being asked to consider some significant changes to the constitution, so this could also be added to the agenda, subject to proposal and seconding.

I also note the query from Mister Chops. The only NCISA meeting held on Club premises is the AGM.This appears to be tradition, but if someone can offer a suitable alternative venue free of charge, we would be happy to consider it. I don''t really see that use of club premises impacts on our independence. We are, first and foremost, supporters of Norwich City Football Club, a function that we usually carry out at Carrow Road, so having one meeting a year there doesn''t seem, to me at least, particularly sinister.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Looks like no one wants your poxy vote Crafty!

Nevermind old son.....

Win some lose a few[:''(]

[/quote]So much for a democratic and transparent organisation then. Perhaps you want to restrict voting to just those that you approve of. Kim Jung Il would be proud of you!

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nevermind old son.....

[/quote]

So much for a democratic and transparent organisation then. Perhaps you want to restrict voting to just those that you approve of. Kim Jung Il would be proud of you!

[/quote]

Nothing to do with me old son. It''s all to do with NCISA and whoever wrote their constitution. But that doesn''t change the fact that no one wnats your poxy vote[:''(]

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nevermind old son.....

[/quote]So much for a democratic and transparent organisation then. Perhaps you want to restrict voting to just those that you approve of. Kim Jung Il would be proud of you![/quote]I was sympathetic to your plight until you made that stupid analogy, now you actually do look like a cry baby. You are free to gather up supporters and form your own supporters club, in fact if you don''t live in Norwich and there isn''t already a regional club then that would seem like a logical thing to do?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Nothing to do with me old son. It''s all to do with NCISA and whoever wrote their constitution. But that doesn''t change the fact that no one wnats your poxy vote[:''(]

[/quote]Beauseant has already explained their constitution was based on the old supporters club constitution. Perhaps they weren''t as democratic and transparent as we all thought. Probably explains why Tangy is so sceptical of figures provided by large organisations.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"] [quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nevermind old son.....

[/quote]So much for a democratic and transparent organisation then. Perhaps you want to restrict voting to just those that you approve of. Kim Jung Il would be proud of you!

[/quote]

Nothing to do with me old son. It''s all to do with NCISA and whoever wrote their constitution. But that doesn''t change the fact that no one wnats your poxy vote[:''(]

[/quote]For some one who claims to have no time for NCISA why exactly are you commenting on an issue that affects only NCISA members?However your distaste for NCISA doesn''t stop you hosting their meeting at the Bayer club.  Thinking of joining and standing for the committee?

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nevermind old son.....

[/quote]So much for a democratic and transparent organisation then. Perhaps you want to restrict voting to just those that you approve of. Kim Jung Il would be proud of you![/quote]I was sympathetic to your plight until you made that stupid analogy, now you actually do look like a cry baby. You are free to gather up supporters and form your own supporters club, in fact if you don''t live in Norwich and there isn''t already a regional club then that would seem like a logical thing to do? [/quote]What has this got to do with you? When I want your input I''ll ask for it - but don''t hold your breath.

I know very little of NCISA, would like to know more to see if it is something I would enjoy. When browsing the site this is their mission statement,The Association exists solely as a focal point for supporters of

Norwich City Football Club, regardless of their location or ability to

attend games, and to negotiate discounts for and provide benefits its

members.So no proxy voting doesn''t tie in with the "regardless of their location" bit, but as said, is something to be looked at.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"] [quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nevermind old son.....

[/quote]

So much for a democratic and transparent organisation then. Perhaps you want to restrict voting to just those that you approve of. Kim Jung Il would be proud of you!

[/quote]

[/quote]

For some one who claims to have no time for NCISA why exactly are you commenting on an issue that affects only NCISA members?

However your distaste for NCISA doesn''t stop you hosting their meeting at the Bayer club.  Thinking of joining and standing for the committee?
[/quote]

I am commenting that it looks like no one wants your poxy vote Crafty. If you didn''t want me, or anyone else to comment on this thread you would have emailed NCISA to ask your question. Now if you are advocating that only ncisa members can comment on threads relating to ncisa you will have to get to the back of the queue of plastic mods who want a say on who posts what where. Either that or get your own messageboard on your ncisa site where you are allowed to post any old tosh you like in your ncisa blog.

To answer your questions - What is the problem with ncisa using Bayer Club for their meetings? If ncisa really becomes a supporters club as in their mission statement I would love to join. I can''t ever envisage standing for the committee.

Does anyone know who wrote the old supporters club constitution that wouldn''t allow Crafty''s poxy vote[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"] [quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nevermind old son.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For some one who claims to have no time for NCISA why exactly are you commenting on an issue that affects only NCISA members?

However your distaste for NCISA doesn''t stop you hosting their meeting at the Bayer club.  Thinking of joining and standing for the committee?
[/quote]

I am commenting that it looks like no one wants your poxy vote Crafty. If you didn''t want me, or anyone else to comment on this thread you would have emailed NCISA to ask your question. Now if you are advocating that only ncisa members can comment on threads relating to ncisa you will have to get to the back of the queue of plastic mods who want a say on who posts what where. Either that or get your own messageboard on your ncisa site where you are allowed to post any old tosh you like in your ncisa blog.

To answer your questions - What is the problem with ncisa using Bayer Club for their meetings? If ncisa really becomes a supporters club as in their mission statement I would love to join. I can''t ever envisage standing for the committee.

Does anyone know who wrote the old supporters club constitution that wouldn''t allow Crafty''s poxy vote[:^)]

[/quote]

Tangie? [:S]

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nevermind old son.....

[/quote]

So much for a democratic and transparent organisation then. Perhaps you want to restrict voting to just those that you approve of. Kim Jung Il would be proud of you![/quote]I was sympathetic to your plight until you made that stupid analogy, now you actually do look like a cry baby. You are free to gather up supporters and form your own supporters club, in fact if you don''t live in Norwich and there isn''t already a regional club then that would seem like a logical thing to do? [/quote]What has this got to do with you? When I want your input I''ll ask for it - but don''t hold your breath. [/quote]Oh sorry I didn''t realise that this was a private conversation. You asked for it the moment that you had your tantrum in the largest Norwich forum on the web. Am I correct in assuming that there has never been the ability to vote by proxy? If so, why did you join? And if you don''t like it, why don''t you leave? I fail to see the connection between a grown man being upset about nothing and a military dictator with an arsenal of nuclear weapons.

Poor NCISA I do feel that if I started a thread entitled "Wilbraham should start instead of Holt" that that thread wouldn''t quite take so long to fall into an argument as any thread entitled "NCISA ********".

Davo

So NCISA constitution is based on an old Supporters Club constitution, which doesn''t mean its entirely the same as. Furthermore its evolved since then and should include proxy votes in order to fulfil the organisations mission statement as referred to by an earlier poster.

[quote user="Herman "]I wonder why Beau doesn''t post that often anymore?[/quote]

Get that tongue out of your cheek Herman![;)]

I have no problem with the question about proxy votes. I looked into it and established that our constituion does not allow proxy votes.It''s probably worth pointing out that our understanding is that neither does FONCY, the Supporters Trust or the Shareholders Association. I''m not quite sure how answering an honest question honestly brings into question our openess and transparency, but I''ll leave that to the neutrals to decide. I have no problem whatsoever with such a provision being proposed and accepted going forward. I presume that when Crafty and Tangie''s father''s organisation (the old Supporters Club) drafted their constitution (on which ours in based) absentee voters were less of an issue with support being more parochial. Clearly its an issue to address.

On a wider front, the sooner that the initials NCISA cease to exist, the better, as far as I''m concerned. As you all know there is a proposal to change the name at the AGM and for all officers and committee to be subject to reelection based on the new mission statement, which has already been quoted above. I can''t do anything about the past, but I can do something about the present and the future. We have a role to play, but it is a radically different one to the old NCISA. The old regime of regular chats with the Chief Executive and being a focus for fan discontent is now a thing of the past. It''s not for us to tell people how to support their club, nor to tell David McNally how to run it. What we can do, however, is to continue our function of raising money for the club, continue to develop discounts and benefits for our members, provide a link and a focus for the various smaller fan groups and organise forums with former players for our members.

We have a new facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/notifications.php?id=190374581018720#!/pages/Ncisa-Norwich-City-Independent-Supporters-Association/190374581018720 ) and are developing a new website. Membership costs just £5 per annum, for which you get free entry to forums, any discounts we are able to negotiate at hotels, other supporters clubs etc, plus free entry into our monthly draw for match tickets, memorabilia, signed books and so on. In the past the question has been "Why should I join NCISA?". In future, I want it to be "Why wouldn''t I join the Independent Norwich City Supporters Club (the proposed new name) ?".

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Tangie? [:S]

[/quote]

Don''t think so Yankee although I guess it''s all relative. It does seem the father away you are the more you need a poxy vote! But I''ll say no more because I''d hate this thread to pater out with a slanging match between the "usual suspects".

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]So NCISA constitution is based on an old Supporters Club constitution, which doesn''t mean its entirely the same as. Furthermore its evolved since then and should include proxy votes in order to fulfil the organisations mission statement as referred to by an earlier poster.

[/quote]Seems strange you didn''t do something about it when you were a NCISA committee member in the not too distant past. Why has it suddenly become important to you two now? Hidden agenda perhaps!

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nevermind old son.....

[/quote]

So much for a democratic and transparent organisation then. Perhaps you want to restrict voting to just those that you approve of. Kim Jung Il would be proud of you![/quote]I was sympathetic to your plight until you made that stupid analogy, now you actually do look like a cry baby. You are free to gather up supporters and form your own supporters club, in fact if you don''t live in Norwich and there isn''t already a regional club then that would seem like a logical thing to do? [/quote]What has this got to do with you? When I want your input I''ll ask for it - but don''t hold your breath. [/quote]

Oh sorry I didn''t realise that this was a private conversation. You asked for it the moment that you had your tantrum in the largest Norwich forum on the web. Am I correct in assuming that there has never been the ability to vote by proxy? If so, why did you join? And if you don''t like it, why don''t you leave? I fail to see the connection between a grown man being upset about nothing and a military dictator with an arsenal of nuclear weapons.[/quote]In hindsight I was wrong to have a go at you and for that I apologise. The Kim Jung Il reference is because the Fantasy Four do not believe that I have the right to express the view that Delia is not perfection personified. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me but I do take up arms against anyone trying to force me to stop expressing my opinion through a campaign of sniping. That is the way of dictators and hence the reference,.With respect to the proxy vote all I have done is to ask if there is one. I don''t see this should merit the resonse from the Nutter and his cronies that I received.Once again it''s part of their campaign to silence those whose views they disagree with. Not being the brightest bulbs in the chandalier they have yet to realise this tactic won''t work with me.Beausant has responded that the issue of a proxy vote along with other constitutional issues will be discussed at the AGM. That''s good enough for me. As has been mentioned on this thread, a proxy vote would enable NCISA to fulfil part of its mission statement. 

The thread has nothing to do with Delia. This attempt to bring her into play is damage limitation I''m afraid. As was the reference to Bayer Club.

I''ll ask again - What is the problem with ncisa using bayer club to hold their committee meetings if that''s where the committee choose to hold them?

Maybe you could send a poxy motion to their AGM asking them to hold them elsewhere.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The thread has nothing to do with Delia. This attempt to bring her into play is damage limitation I''m afraid. As was the reference to Bayer Club.

I''ll ask again - What is the problem with ncisa using bayer club to hold their committee meetings if that''s where the committee choose to hold them?

Maybe you could send a poxy motion to their AGM asking them to hold them elsewhere.

[/quote]I have never said there''s a problem with the committee deciding to hold the meetings at the Bayer club. Nor have I ever questioned their right to do so. I was asking why you entertain NCISA given your vehement denunciation of that organisation in the past. I''ll ask again, when are you going to answer rather thn try to side-step it? 

Not sidestepping anything Crafty old boy. They hold their meetings there because they asked me. Just like I entertained you when Tangie asked me. It''s far more rewarding to find reasons to do things you have been asked to do rather than reasons not to do them.

You''re a very sad man Crafty.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]So NCISA constitution is based on an old Supporters Club constitution, which doesn''t mean its entirely the same as. Furthermore its evolved since then and should include proxy votes in order to fulfil the organisations mission statement as referred to by an earlier poster.

[/quote]Seems strange you didn''t do something about it when you were a NCISA committee member in the not too distant past. [/quote]

Comrade Lapdog,

I have raised the issue of proxy votes at a committee meeting and presumably the other committee members (with the exception of the Chairman who joined the committee at a later date) as they live in Norwich or not far away didn''t see it as an issue for them. However it is relevant if the organisation is to live up to its mission statement.

Furthermore if the organisation is to be democratic and transparent then they should display on their website notes about the committtee meetings, something they started to do and then suddenly stopped (and had not restarted when I last looked). This something that you use to discuss with me in the Nelson after games, remember?