Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

A Dedicated Match Day Park and Ride Scheme.- Hip Hip HOORAY

Listening to and reading about supporters gripes and miseries about parking on match days, there is a very strong case for a park and ride scheme on all match days. A bus service from each of the park and ride sites to the ground  would ease congestion and supporter frustration. It would provide a much needed  comunity service. A petition and email flood to NCFC and Nofolk County Council will bring attention to our plight. It will put a little cash into supporter pockets at the expense of the privileged who see expenditure as a game of ''Gimme''.

Listening to and reading about supporter’s gripes and

miseries regarding parking on match days, I believe there is a very strong case

for a ‘Park and Ride’ scheme on all match days. A bus service from each of the

park and ride sites to the ground would ease congestion and supporter

frustration further more It would provide a much needed community service.

A petition and email flood to NCFC and Norfolk County Council will bring

attention to our plight and put a little cash back into supporter’s pockets at

the expense of the privileged that see expenditure as a game of ''Gimme''.

Sounds a great idea and I wonder why it hasn''t been implemented earlier.

Personally I usually come up by train but i''m sure a large proportion of the supporters who come by road would use a park and ride service.

[quote user="Getalife"]Listening to and reading about supporters gripes and miseries about parking on match days, there is a very strong case for a park and ride scheme on all match days. A bus service from each of the park and ride sites to the ground  would ease congestion and supporter frustration. It would provide a much needed  comunity service. A petition and email flood to NCFC and Nofolk County Council will bring attention to our plight. It will put a little cash into supporter pockets at the expense of the privileged who see expenditure as a game of ''Gimme''.[/quote]Yes, it would be a great idea but the powers that be at County Hall don''t even open the nearest Park and Ride site at Postwick for shoppers on a Saturday now let alone for football fans!!!!  Talk about short-sighted!

[quote user="Getalife"]Listening to and reading about supporters gripes and miseries about parking on match days, there is a very strong case for a park and ride scheme on all match days.

Good idea.

A bus service from each of the park and ride sites to the ground  would ease congestion and supporter frustration.

Yes it would.

It would provide a much needed  comunity service.

Hmmmm.

A petition and email flood to NCFC and Nofolk County Council will bring attention to our plight.

Off you go then, where do we sign?

It will put a little cash into supporter pockets at the expense of the privileged who see expenditure as a game of ''Gimme''.

Don''t you mean it will save them a couple of quid? And what''s with the dig at the "priviledged" who do you mean by that?

[/quote]

...A petition and email flood to NCFC and Nofolk County Council will bring attention to our plight.

Off you go then, where do we sign?...

OK fair point- Right now I am unsure how to implement an e-petition however I suspect it isn''t that difficult.

Anyone and all of us can email NCFC and Nofolk County Council or or indeed archant or their local councilor right now. At the very least it will make a noise.

.....It will put a little cash into supporter pockets at the expense of the privileged who see expenditure as a game of ''Gimme''.

Don''t you mean it will save them a couple of quid? And what''s with the dig at the "priviledged" who do you mean by that?....

Well surely thats better than costing them a ''couple'' of quid or more extra, each match, each season. Whats more consider the convenience of having such a service, being able to plan ahead with relative reliability safety and consistency particularly with children to manage.

...And what''s with the dig at the "priviledged" who do you mean by that?..........................OK, perhaps that comment is unnecessary however cant help thinking of the obscenely high salaries of the  council officials and their pension entitlements. The same goes for those in the unreal world of  football extravagance. £6 A car park space levied on a captive customer ''Oh Please, how do they get away with it''- that is where your ''Mmmm''  would land justifiably -Yeah?,My appologies, This is digression at it''s very worst and aint gonna waste any more words on it at all.....................

[quote user="Getalife"]

...to implement an e-petition however I suspect it isn''t that difficult.

Anyone and all of us can email NCFC and Nofolk County Council or or indeed archant or their local councilor right now. At the very least it will make a noise.

I don''t need this scheme but fully agree that is a good idea, I would sign the petition if you (or someone else) started one.

Don''t you mean it will save them a couple of quid? Well surely thats better than costing them a ''couple'' of quid or more extra, each match, each season. Whats more consider the convenience of having such a service, being able to plan ahead with relative reliability safety and consistency particularly with children to manage.

Just being pedantic.

...And what''s with the dig at the "priviledged" who do you mean by that?...

OK, perhaps that comment is unnecessary however cant help thinking of the obscenely high salaries of the  council officials and their pension entitlements. The same goes for those in the unreal world of  football extravagance. £6 A car park space levied on a captive customer ''Oh Please, how do they get away with it''- that is where your ''Mmmm''  would land justifiably -Yeah?,
My appologies, This is digression at it''s very worst and aint gonna waste any more words on it at all.

No, that''s fine. Thanks for clearing that up, I totally agree that £6 is a rip-off.

[/quote]

Me - I got all excited seeing the topic title and then opened the thread and read a suggestion not a result.

What was the "Hip Hip Hooray" about?

I must be the only one missing something here. Oh look, on the carpet, my brain. Must have fallen out.

Most of my match day visits are on one of the supporter''s buses that run from around the County. I do not know how many more are in existance already, so just posing the question, as to who exactly this would benefit?

Anything to ease traffic congestion around the ground/City is worth exploring.

Things like sorting out the traffic lights at the Railway station to let footy traffic get out a lot quicker and in bigger numbers .i.e turn the red/green light timings around to reflect this, or have a Traffic Warden/one or two of the many Police on duty stood in the middle directing traffic

Hey! That''s just an eye catcher headline - Come on friend, you read the billboards and footy headlines Archant style, so why the surprise (Smile). We build them up we knock them down.Seriously, this little post is intended to gauge  the response whether or not if there is a worthwhile cause to pursue.My thoughts are with the average working man like myself, owing to my dedication to my footy team is ''held over a barrel'' ( And I loathe that vulgar expression) as though my pockets are bottomless, deep and profitable.Unless someone else better connected or capable than me responds to a positive feedback then I would feel obliged to put some effort into the cause.

Couple of things to consider (and this isnt me starting an argument simply something to bear in mind)Firstly the distance of the bus station to the ground is only a 10-15 minute walk where the buses already run on saturday match days, its likely they could claim that too an extent this service id already provided.Is there a safe place for these buses to be contiunally be dropping off and picking up, with easy access that wouldnt hold up traffic?Would there be the demand to justify sending buses away from the centre and potentially increasing the waiting time for other users in the centre of the City.One thing I wish they would do was lay on a late park and ride bus for the evening matches as it cant be used as it normally closes long before the final whistle!