Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Lambert interview in the Scotsman

Good interview, even if most of it we already knew.

Slight inaccuracy regarding Martin O''Neill - he didn''t join us (or with us at any point) when we were in the top flight. I seriously believe that the national media still don''t even realise the O''Neill story when he was here!

Anyway, I digress....

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Interview-Paul-Lambert-football-manager.6813903.jp

Ignoring the Delia cliches and O''Neill cock up it isn''t a bad interview.A few things i didn''t know.Cheers.

I saw that interview too.  Something that caught my eye.

"I''ve not been back really because I never want to be one who hangs around a club," he says. "The ones who are there now don''t want to see old players hanging around the club." - I wonder how he feels at Norwich with a number of ''old players'' hanging around?

Overall I thought it was an excellent article, very interesting and well written (even though Lambert was clearly in control of the discussion).  Maybe the Mail could offer him a job, if they want a journalist that is not completely clueless. 

Enjoyed reading that interview! Especially the bit in red...

Sometimes it feels as though Lambert''s whole career has had a fairytale aspect to it. Even when it went wrong, it went right. He walked away from Livingston after steering the side to just two wins, though managed to leave with his dignity in tact. It also gave him the chance to move south. He ended up at Wycombe Wanderers, where his recovery began...

PL does seem able to sprinkle ''magic pixie-dust'' doesn''t he?