Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Another thing for people to b*tch about

[quote user="Paul"]Matchday programmes are going up to £3.50[/quote]Simple, don''t buy one.job done.

It is probably out of habit as much as anything, but I always buy one, and have programmes for all the games I''ve been to barring two-three matches (and have been going regularly for 27 years). I don''t suppose a price increase will stop me.

Never bought them myself, except for maybe the first few games I went to as a kid. I suppose it would be nice to have the odd one for big games but other than that they would just add to the multiple boxes of other crap I have that I don''t have the heart to throw out.

The only thing they are usefull for are player numbers of the opposition.Most of the news in there we,ve heard before and the rest are just stats and adverts.What, will I be buying one? Yes of course, I get to more away games then home, and its a bit of a Carrow Road tradition for me, and another way of supporting the club.

I have 100s of Programmes, had to move them to my Grandad''s house last year, because had know where to put them all at home.

According to those ''cost of football'' figures, only two teams where charging £3.50 everyone else was still at £3...

I don''t buy many programmes these days except for the big or important games. I think Ipsh!t and Cov were the only two I actually bought. A 50p increase isn''t a lot more if they are going to add more content.

I do however find it a shame that we are charging more than the vast majority of other Prem clubs. Even if it is only 50p more.

Davo

Maybe the 50p increase is apparently because the club intends to tape a set of five coloured felt tips onto the new matchday prog?

So the kids (and some adults) can ''Pimp my programme'' ......

Unfortunately, my matchday prog is complementary, so it will therefore be utilised as loft insulation for the forthcoming harsh winter.....

I also wonder if the complementary beverage cups have been reduced somewhat in size from last season (when you had to pay for them)?

The complementary biccies, will probably now be some sub-standard brand of rich tea, gingernuts (and include fig rolls for the older fans to ''keep ''em regular'').....

Wonder how long the complementary ''stuff'' will last.....? Had it all before as part of my season-ticket many years ago.....Can anyone else remember?  It was soon was abandoned due to some financial ''reasons''......

It''s certainly good to bitch and get it off one''s chest.... 

The programmes here at City are brilliant, i''ve seen some other clubs shoddy work and ours is up there as one of the best. I''ll be buying.

... you lot are a miserable bunch!

[quote user="Lennon7"]The programmes here at City are brilliant, i''ve seen some other clubs shoddy work and ours is up there as one of the best. I''ll be buying. ... you lot are a miserable bunch![/quote]

No, just a select few of us, we the small minority.....are a miserable bunch....

£3.50 just about covers the cost of an extortionate pint in a Norwich trendy bar.....Footy programmes are naff, trendy bars are the place to be where you can mingle with the affluent Norfolk set.....and see short-skirted orange skinned blonde babes looking for a meal-ticket.....And well-spoken chaps guffawing, sipping G & T and telling their chums how they are so absolutely yah, yah, minted.....marvellous enetertainment.

Programme or a pretentious pint......? Gotta be the latter....yah, absolutely!  

I saw the Leicester one this week from their game against Real Madrid and it''s like a paperback book with a proper spine etc. I think it was £3.00.

Incidently, Leicester are laying on pre-match entertainment every homegame...Thai boxing!

Went to Deepdale today to see PNE, our local team, in advance of the real start to the season next weekend - and their programmes were £3, not as big as ours, not as good as ours by any stretch of the imagination. So £3.50 seems perfectly acceptable really.

[quote user="Mello Yello"].

£3.50 just about covers the cost of an extortionate pint in a Norwich trendy bar. 

[/quote]

Mello,i really think you need to get out more.[:O]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mello Yello"].

£3.50 just about covers the cost of an extortionate pint in a Norwich trendy bar. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

What....you mean like going to the Bayer Social Club?

I much prefer to lead a hectic social life.....and pay £3.50 a pint and mingle with Norfolk''s affluent and tango-tanned tight skirted bleached barnet babes....

But, I do thank-you for your concern.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mello Yello"].

[/quote]

[/quote] What....you mean like going to the Bayer Social Club? I much prefer to lead a hectic social life.....and pay £3.50 a pint and mingle with Norfolk''s affluent and tango-tanned tight skirted bleached barnet babes.... But, I do thank-you for your concern.....[/quote]

But Mello £3.50 hardly covers the cost of a pint of cooking lager or a bland bitter these days in many pubs and clubs in the concrete jungle known as Norwich[;)]

[quote user="Canarino"]Went to Deepdale today to see PNE, our local team, in advance of the real start to the season next weekend - and their programmes were £3, not as big as ours, not as good as ours by any stretch of the imagination. So £3.50 seems perfectly acceptable really.[/quote]

Shhhh!!! Don''t let Tangie know that PNE has cheaper programmes than Norwich.

Haha YankeeCanary, well they ARE only League 1 now so maybe it''s over the top to ask £3. It was a dire performance from Preston against Colchester so I looked on their forum tonight to see what their fans were saying about it. One said optimistically "Colchester beat Norwich 7-1 and Norwich went on to win the League that year". Then someone else said "Yes, but only because they appointed Colchester''s manager" :-D