Sign in to follow this  
jonboyswan

Summer transfers?

Hi guys swans fan in peace. Just interested in your views on the transfers of the 3 promoted clubs so far? To my knowledge these are the transfers so far:

QPR - Jay bothroyd, DJ Camball, Kieron dyer, Danny Gabbindon

Norwich - Steve Morriston, James Vaughen, bradley Johnson, kyle naughton, Elliot bennett, richie de laet, Anthony pilkington

Swansea - michel vorm(pending), jose moreira, steven chaulker, wayne routledge, danny graham, leroy lita, ryan harley.

Any thoughts?

Welcome! i have a love/hate relationship with you guys because you are rivals in the league yet its hard not to admire your players/stadium/style of play.

so..

QPR have made the big name signings which on paper should really be successful, if not, will be labelled as flops.

You, have made good quality signings which fit into your style of play and add depth and quality i believe. However i do think both our defences are our weakness.

And we have made signings which inevitably fit Lamberts philosophy and hopefully will come good as did the likes of David Fox for example (£50,000 from col who), there is no pressure on our signings to set the prem on fire and i think that could be an advantage.

Good luck! rather you than us go down though lol

From a Norwich point of view im satisfied with who we have signed and think we have  got a good chance of giving it a go with who we have now got up till christmas and then if need be add another couple if the group needs help.Of Swansea and QPR im definatly more impressed with the Swans signings so far, Routledge and Graham both could prove to be  very good signings, though my opinion of Swansea''s chances of staying up next year were already quite high before these signing, more so than QPR! As for QPR I think there signings have been fairly substandered- players signed off reputation and for free... Id be concerned if I was a fan!

Thanks for the kind words for us and hopefully this vorm signing(dutch number 2) will give us the extra lift. Like the swans you have gambled on some players but they are players with points to prove which is what you need. I do feel you are weak in goals though even though ruddy did save a pen against us last season!lol

[quote user="jonboyswan"]Thanks for the kind words for us and hopefully this vorm signing(dutch number 2) will give us the extra lift. Like the swans you have gambled on some players but they are players with points to prove which is what you need. I do feel you are weak in goals though even though ruddy did save a pen against us last season!lol[/quote]You really don''t want to pic kthat scab. To be fair though Ruddy was as solid as ever today, I fell you as well as many Norwich fans massively underestimate him. Best of luck for next season hopefully we''ll both stay up and suprise a few doubters who have already written us off.

Unfortunately goalkeepers more so than any other position instantly get tagged as a hero or useless, due to the fans love for Forster, Ruddy had to be a hero every game which is not possible.

Ruddy is a decent keeper, got us promoted in his first season and conceded two goals in the whole of pre-season. If it ain''t broke, don''t fix it.

QPR, Swansea, Norwich -

On paper none have signed players to change the neutral fans opinion that all three will struggle this year.

Swansea/Norwich = Decent championship players with the aim that should relegation happen, a decent squad is in place to be promoted the following year. The West Brom model.

QPR = Board issues, perhaps the best players on paper and with the most premiership experience but injury prone and on big wages. The Newcastle model.

Two of the sides will be relegated, which one will survive is hard to tell.

I think that to come up with a proper answer you have to spend more time looking at the detail for example: Who are married and who are single, who are going to bring their wives and girl friends with them and who are going to leave them at home, who are city dwellers and ,who prefer the country life.I tend to think that living in South Wales is socially going to be a killer whereas Norwich is only 107 miles from London (but then is a bad, conjested road}.,

Norwich does not have club accomodation for new players but then I guess neither does the other Clubs. Maybe its time we looked at that one again. Hostel type homes close to the training ground might be within the Clubs Financial reach now that there is the 40/90 million windfall. I know that home sickness is a killer and a good player is likely to be a happy player.

I am very pleased with our transfers to date and think/hope they will do well, only time will tell but they impressed v Parma.

As for Swansea i think their signings are could and compliment an already good squad, regardless of what the so called pundits say i think they will do well.

QPR does not seem to be a happy place at the moment with behind the scenes spats/ take over talks etc etc and the fans are v ubhappy ref the price hikes. To me their signings reflect this cheap or free and by and large players who have premiership experience but non of it too impressive. Of the 3 promoted clubs i think they are the weakest.

having said all that i do think more established teams will struggle in particular Wigan, Bolton,Blackburn, Newcastle ans possibly Sunderland, not many goals in any of those sides

[quote user="Bobert"]I think that to come up with a proper answer you have to spend more time looking at the detail for example: Who are married and who are single, who are going to bring their wives and girl friends with them and who are going to leave them at home, who are city dwellers and ,who prefer the country life.I tend to think that living in South Wales is socially going to be a killer whereas Norwich is only 107 miles from London (but then is a bad, conjested road}.,

As many swans fans would tell you living in the middle of no where (football wise) means that many players don''t seemed attracted to us which can be frustrating. However you only have to look at Sinclair from last season to realise that we are club that can get players to settle down away from the bright lights and prosper.

Im not sure how you will go this season as you remind me as abit of a blackpool where you will get great results away from home but then your home form may let you down. Hopefully your new signings will change that.

Norwich does not have club accomodation for new players but then I guess neither does the other Clubs. Maybe its time we looked at that one again. Hostel type homes close to the training ground might be within the Clubs Financial reach now that there is the 40/90 million windfall. I know that home sickness is a killer and a good player is likely to be a happy player.[/quote]

[quote user="Bobert"] I think that to come up with a proper answer you have to spend more time looking at the detail for example: Who are married and who are single, who are going to bring their wives and girl friends with them and who are going to leave them at home, who are city dwellers and ,who prefer the country life.I tend to think that living in South Wales is socially going to be a killer whereas Norwich is only 107 miles from London (but then is a bad, conjested road}.,  [/quote]

Only that stretch in Suffolk (funny that) really.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Norwich does not have club accomodation for new players but then I guess neither does the other Clubs. Maybe its time we looked at that one again.  Hostel type homes close to the training ground might be within the Clubs Financial reach now that there is the 40/90 million windfall. I know that home sickness is a killer and a good player is likely to be a happy player. [/quote]

FFS, they are grown men not children. We also have things called Hotels as well, apparently some of them offer such things as;

Bedrooms: 169 all en suite with satellite TV, complimentary wired internet, hair dryer, direct dial telephone, hospitality tray and iron and ironing board

Leisure-time: Indoor pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, gym, football pitch, 18 hole golf course, Lilac Spa and 5 treatment rooms

Food & Drink: Brasserie Bar and Grill, La Fontaine*, Garden Lounge and Terrace Bar and Bunkers Bar

Equipment: Complimentary internet access in public areas, LCD, plasma and audio visual equipment available

Outdoors: Mountain Bike hire, Puzzle Trail, Crazy Golf all on-site.