Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

Ian Henderson

***Disclaimer***I am not suggesting that we sign Ian Henderson, that he should play for England, that we shouldn''t have released him, or that I would like to have his babies. If you don''t want to read about Ian Henderson then you shouldn''t have clicked on the thread title. Since you have clicked on the thread title, despite not wanting to read about Ian Henderson, then we don''t need to know and you don''t have to tell us. With there being over 70000 threads on this message board, there ARE other things to read about, and you don''t have to read every single thread. Neither do you need to write one sentence on every thread that bores you to up your post count. Take a deep breath, relax a moment, exhale. The world is not a scary place, you will be OK. ***Disclaimer End***It looks like Ian Henderson scored a brace against Preston yesterday, I thought that he looked pretty good for Colchester last year. I have to admit that I thought he would never fulfill his potential, but I have to say that he has impressed me. I knew a Northampton fan whilst he was there who said that he never really did much there, then he got relegated with Luton and wasn''t offered a deal. For me it looked all over for him after flopping in Turkey, and I was very surprised to see him get offered a deal at Colchester to be honest. But he has scored 14 in 51 games despite playing mostly in midfield. He looks a lot bulkier, almost as if he went to Turkey a boy and game back a man. That was always his problem really at Norwich, a bit light weight, lacked a bit of bravery, and ultimately the crowd got on his back and he lost his confidence.Although I was probably one of the many people who used him as a scapegoat whilst he was here, it is good to see him playing well and making a career for himself. I never suspected him to do any better than the Jarvis Bros and Danny Crow to be honest. Ryan Jarvis now probably has a make or break season at Wallsall, Rossi Jarvis is without a club, and Danny Crow isn''t exactly banging them in for Luton. Maybe they all need to go and flop in a scary place like Turkey?

Respect to Hendo for taking the opportunity to play in Turkey in the first place.

He had a few games in our previous promotion season and looked like he might have a future with us-though Worthy stuck him out on the right of midfield, he scored a few goals and didn''t look out of place-two against Millwall I think, one of them a really good finish.

He''s stuck at it and must have a lot of self belief, so delighted for him that he might now make a bit of a name and reputation for himself at Colchester. Ditto any ex-Norwich, anywhere, especially if they have proven people wrong in doing just that.

Nice that he has managed to keep a career going unlike many of the younger ones that have left us over the past few year eg Jarvis brothers

I think Henderson has probably matured and seized his second or third chance. He may well have found his level at league 1 but there again you never know look at many of the members of our current premiership squad, many had disappointing starts and fell down the leagues but it enabled them to get games and confidence

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Point of order, Turkey is a great place to travel too, a Muslim country that serves alcohol tells you all that you need to know!

H[/quote]Yeah, though you wouldn''t go there if you were female unless you liked the ever-present threat of gang rape.

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Point of order, Turkey is a great place to travel too, a Muslim country that serves alcohol tells you all that you need to know! H[/quote]

Small kebabs though!!

All ways had a soft spot for Henderson, largley beacause of Iwans book where he spoke of players who took it very personally when the crowd got on their backs. Iwan says something along the lines of how Henderson was always desperate to impress and win the crowd over but there were a couple of times when he came of the pitch with crowd giving him stick and it looked like he had tears in his eyes. Personally I always felt that Henderson was given a raw deal by Worthy.. But into the mix too early and out of position and was then written off before he had a chance to establish himself... one of those seasons was in the premire league too, not exactly the easiest stages to cut your teeth!Good to see he has got his carrer up and running and good luck to him and Colchester, ive gotten over the Cowling thing now and hope they go up... lets be honest we all want to see them hammering Ipswich while we are still having fun in a 2nd season in the Premireship!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="haisbrohacker"]Point of order, Turkey is a great place to travel too, a Muslim country that serves alcohol tells you all that you need to know!

H[/quote]Yeah, though you wouldn''t go there if you were female unless you liked the ever-present threat of gang rape.[/quote]

I wasn''t aware this was an issue in Turkey, certainly in the UK it is.

Don''t get the Worthy criticisms really. No surprise there though[;)] How many would have played Hendo up front??? The criticisms at the time were on the lines of "Worthy''s lovehild"! Hendo always gave his all for us and Worthy saw more in him than those "darlings of the fans" like the Jarvis brothers. Hendo now has 22 league goals, who can list the "Norfolk Boys" who have scored more?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Don''t get the Worthy criticisms really. No surprise there though[;)] How many would have played Hendo up front??? The criticisms at the time were on the lines of "Worthy''s lovehild"! Hendo always gave his all for us and Worthy saw more in him than those "darlings of the fans" like the Jarvis brothers. Hendo now has 22 league goals, who can list the "Norfolk Boys" who have scored more?[/quote]

Isn''t the issue concerning Worthy was his constant belief that playing Henderson out on the wing was the best choice. Having watched Colchester play a number of times last season pushing him out wide up top on a 4-3-3 works well, allows him to use space created and cut inside a lot. Something he wasn''t able to do when playing as an out-and-out winger.

To be fair Ryan Jarvis has hit the same amount. All be it he''s played more games.

Colchester 0 - 5 Norwich.

Didn''t Henderson get sent off within a few minutes of coming on?