Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Matty Gill

Thought he was exceptional today for Bristol Rovers, not sure why he''s gone there could still do a job in lower league one but there you go.

Great deliveries from corners and was lucky with one or two attempts, set up Rovers 1st goal too

you misunderstand me Mr Tilson...

not for one second am I suggesting that we should''ve kept Matt Gill for our Premiership squad, I was just commenting on how well I thought he played today for his new club, something which is surely ''acceptable'' on these boards given people''s comments on Cody McDonald....

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Move on please,we are preparing for the Premier League.

[/quote]Oh, so we musn''t mention any ex-players on a board which has three threads about a League One striker who we''ve told to find another club...and Paul Moy seems to think could do a job in the PREMIERSHIP...

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]you misunderstand me Mr Tilson... not for one second am I suggesting that we should''ve kept Matt Gill for our Premiership squad, I was just commenting on how well I thought he played today for his new club, something which is surely ''acceptable'' on these boards given people''s comments on Cody McDonald....[/quote]

Cody McDonald?...................Never heard of him.[:''(]

Well maybe you''ve heard of Lee Croft, Sammy Clingan or David Marshall?

All ex-players who have been discussed at lengths on these boards....I was just adding my opinion on Matt Gill and his performance for Bristol Rovers today....

He did do well though! Looked better than Snodgrass vs Southampton even!! ( I know it''s different Leagues/opposition yadda yadda.....)

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Thought he was exceptional today for Bristol Rovers, not sure why he''s gone there could still do a job in lower league one but there you go.

Great deliveries from corners and was lucky with one or two attempts, set up Rovers 1st goal too[/quote]He got a three year deal at Bristol Rovers, the other offers on the table were two year deals. At thirty you can''t turn down that level of security.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Typically copper.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Typically copper.
[/quote]

Move on please,i retired 16 years ago.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Typically copper.[/quote]

[/quote]There you go again with the telling people to "move on" in a public place. Only, you lost your right to boss people around 16 years ago, so Tilson..... Move on please.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Typically copper.
[/quote]

[/quote]

There you go again with the telling people to "move on" in a public place. Only, you lost your right to boss people around 16 years ago, so Tilson..... Move on please.
[/quote]

As i have told you before John,Tilly,Til 1010 or even Mr Tilson but your hey not my place to improve your manners now is it? Carry on if you wish Mr Keyboard Warrior but i will leave you to it.

Dear Mr Tilson, if you retired 16 years ago perhaps it is time for you to move on and give up trying to police rid message board. And might I add that if you are reprimanding Mr LeJuge for not using your name you look a bit of a hypocrite for not using his

Personally happy to hear about a local lad who served the club doing well, thanks OP

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]There you go again with the telling people to "move on" in a public place. Only, you lost your right to boss people around 16 years ago, so Tilson..... Move on please.[/quote]

As i have told you before John,Tilly,Til 1010 or even Mr Tilson but your hey not my place to improve your manners now is it? Carry on if you wish Mr Keyboard Warrior but i will leave you to it.

[/quote]I refuse to take a lecture on manners from you PC Tilson. Why not re-read the original post, then look at your irrelevant, rude, damn pointless troll-like reply to him. And then look at the way that I applied relevance and context to mine. Then, finally, come back and tell me who it is that you think the OP will be considering rude right now.

I didn''t take offence I know what Mr Tilson is like....

I''m sure he knows my true intentions of this post now I have explained myself properly

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]I''d be interested in understanding your justification, amongst others that do much the same on here, behind these brief critiques so many persistantly seem to abide by?

The value of this forum, to me, serves only as a platform for participants to aspire to meaningful conjecture over a rigid domain within football relative to each individual, not to curb incongruent others on it into an orthodixical conformity on anything (that''s a job solely concerning the purpose of moderators); and i''d question the motive of those willing to spend the time do so, especially on what is essentially a strikingly trivial matterSo i ask you John, Tilly, Til 1010, or even Mr Tilson, solely out of curiosity, in light of your first comment on this thread, what in your participation on here, and more so that comment, is meaningful to you?

I think a weekly thread about former players and what they have done in the lower leagues is quite a good idea.

Not everyone has the time to check up on former players they liked, so having a thread each week where different posters who have noticed different things can let everyone else know what ex players are up to.

But some people, don''t think its relevant to the board. The only person who gets to decide that is Pete. If you don''t want to read a thread about Gill, don''t click on it, why do people always (not just on this forum) have to read things they know they aren''t going to like? And then just moan.

I''m quite happy to do a weekly thread about that....''GPAC''s former players report'' or something similar

Sounds like a great idea, i''m sure most people will appreciate that. And anyone who doesn''t want to know, can just not look at the thread.....

Ian Henderson scored two for Colchester today in their excellent 4-2 win at Preston. Michael Rose (the boat ashore) made his Colchester debut in the same game.

I''m pleased for Hendo, I like to see the Norfolk boys do well.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]There you go again with the telling people to "move on" in a public place. Only, you lost your right to boss people around 16 years ago, so Tilson..... Move on please.[/quote]

[/quote]Don''t argue with Le Judge,  Tilly.He''s a former pro player don''t ya know !He will later claim to be a ref or refer to the pugilistic prowess of his dad / brother or boy friend.

"I used my female friends email address for this account, because I

want to post anonymously, but I have played two seasons of football in

the Blue Square Prem, a few games in League Two, before quitting a few

years ago"

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Don''t argue with Le Judge,  Tilly.He''s a former pro player don''t ya know !He will later claim to be a ref or refer to the pugilistic prowess of his dad / brother or boy friend.

"I used my female friends email address for this account, because I

want to post anonymously, but I have played two seasons of football in

the Blue Square Prem, a few games in League Two, before quitting a few

years ago"[/quote]I have no idea what pugilistic means, if I am honest or how your post in any way changes the fact that Mr Tilson was rude in this thread. I''m not the only one saying it sunshine! I did actually play a bit of footy as a kid, but I won''t be roped into that when it bears no relevance whatsoever to the original post, or replies to that post.

Don''t forget there is a page in each programme devoted to ex players and their weekly ''doings''. I always find that quite fascinating to see what they are up to. It''s a personal choice to read it

[quote user="John"]The value of this forum, to me, serves only as a platform for participants to aspire to meaningful conjecture over a rigid domain within football relative to each individual, not to curb incongruent others on it into an orthodixical conformity on anything (that''s a job solely concerning the purpose of moderators); and i''d question the motive of those willing to spend the time do so, especially on what is essentially a strikingly trivial matter[/quote]Um.....I like boobies.

The first reply to this thread is a perfect example of the reason so many posters rarely bother, or don''t bother to post at all any more.

With regard to the OP and Matty Gill, I watched that game too, primarily to see AFC Wimbledon make their Football League debut and have to agree, Gill looked a cut above anyone else on the park. I hope he can add another promotion to his ever growing list and wish him the best of luck for the rest of his career.

''Tilly'', if you retired 16 years ago, why do you still have a picture of a copper as your avatar?

Move on please, you''re living in the past, as you''d undoubtedly say.

[quote user="LeJuge"]I have no idea what pugilistic means, if I am honest or how your post in any way changes the fact that Mr Tilson was rude in this thread. I''m not the only one saying it sunshine! I did actually play a bit of footy as a kid, but I won''t be roped into that when it bears no relevance whatsoever to the original post, or replies to that post.[/quote]I didnt expect you to.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="John"]The value of this forum, to me, serves only as a platform for participants to aspire to meaningful conjecture over a rigid domain within football relative to each individual, not to curb incongruent others on it into an orthodixical conformity on anything (that''s a job solely concerning the purpose of moderators); and i''d question the motive of those willing to spend the time do so, especially on what is essentially a strikingly trivial matter[/quote]Um.....I like boobies.[/quote]You give us far too many clues Mister Chops.