Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Jason Shackell and Lee Croft

Both played 90 minutes for Derby County yesterday in their 2-1 win over Birmingham, Shackell scoring on his debut and making "a strong debut" according to BBC Radio 5.Should we have let Shackell go? Could be provide cover for Elliott Ward?  Is Lee Croft better than Cody MacDonald?  If he lost those extra few pounds, could he one day play for England? Ladies, would you like to have his babies?  Is Freedom of Speech under threat while McNally''s in charge?

Shackell will end up playing in the Premier League again sooner or later-he may be taking a circutious route but he''ll get there!

Shackell was a good player who made some bad transfer moves, but I think the Derby one could reignite his carrer and indeed get him a premire league move. Doubt he will be back to Norwich ever again though.

Imo when we were last in the premier league the emergence of shackell at a similar time to Ashton had alot to do with us nearly staying up. After that season he got a virus and was''nt the same for awhile after, he then got made captain by Grant when he really needed to be concentrating on his own development as a player, then along came Roeder who seemed to prefer any other premier reserve players on loan as apposed to our own.  Glad to see him doing well, still only 27 i believe, so his best years as a centre back should be over the next 5 or 6.

Croft is a champiosnhip player at most and I do not have any issues with him. Glad he left. When we needed him to perform when hux was here, he was terrible. Player of the season in a poor team.

Shacks, agree when he came in the prem, he stepped up. Each year following his progression at carrow road was not upto scratch. I am glad he left, proved himself at Barnsley and playing well at Derby again no chance of prem football. Championship is where he is.

There is no chance either player can progress enough to play in the prem. to many good english players don''t make it already due to great cheaper european and other foregin imports. Both had to progress and they didn''t. So good luck to them, no loss.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Is Lee Croft better than Cody MacDonald?[/quote]I don''t think Cody has been given a fair chance by Lambert. Personally, I would love to have seen him up front with Wilbraham, a combination which would strike fear into the hearts of most Premier defences! [8o|]

Cody And Rosario would be the dream, but Wilbraham would do!

Anyone remember the weird program that Shackell appeared in on MTV? Sure he was out in a club and chatting some girls up. Would like to see that again if anyone knows where it is?

I always liked and rated Shackell hope he has a good career,

I never forgave Crofts for dumping us on a Bosman . I think he had some poor advice at the time and has found life hard. I wonder if his head has grown any more?

I like Shackell, he was a good player but when he left we got £1m for him so not a bad bit of business...I don'' think he''ll ever make it in th top division but he will be a good Championship centre half for some years to come.Fat boy Crofts can get stuffed, spent years eating and putting in substandard performances and then walked out on a free...good riddance.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"] I never forgave Crofts for dumping us on a Bosman . I think he had some poor advice at the time and has found life hard.  [/quote]

Well I can''t say I saw a problem with what Lee Croft did. We''d just got relegated, the club was in a poor state and, even worse, we had Bryan Gunn incharge. Why would he want to commit himself to that?

Not a Norwich lad either so given the chance to move to a pretty big club in Derby and in the Championship...I can see why he made the move and I certainly don''t hold it against him.

In all fairness I was happy to see lee croft go totaly overated

shackel will make it to the prem one day iam certain

It still mystifies me why some of our fans have this opinion about former players who have gone on to better themselves (whether that move ultimately works out or not.)

In any other walk of life the ultimate goal is to provide as best you can for you and your family which usuallly means a few job changes along the way.

Usually this slagging off is finished off with well he wasn''t any good anyway and wouldn''t get in our current team.

So long as they''ve done a job for us I don''t know why we just can''t wish them well.

There isn''t any loyalty in football any more (Drury excepted) I blame the agents.