Sign in to follow this  
fab_canaries

club cabbage to wigan

Yeah they make a stop, it used to be a the farm shop (this was 2/3 seasons ago) but I''d wait for a reply from a more regular away coach user!!

[quote user="fab_canaries"]it will be my frist time travelling to an away by coach and i was wondering does the coach stop for toilet breaks or food stops?[/quote]

No they make you sit in the coach for the 4.5 hour journey with no toilet breaks, plus you''re not allowed to eat on the coach or drink [:)][:)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think the club should stop offering the coach service because of how ungrateful Norwich fans are....[/quote]

Pray tell us and do explain which Norwich fans are ungrateful?

Are the ''ungrateful'' ones, those fans that prefer to attend away matches - who prefer to travel there by alternative means?

Well the fans on here, who continually moan about the coach service offered by the club.

You may or may not have noticed two posters on here recently trying to arrange there own coach travel, and finding it to be very expensive, so the deal NCFC offer, is actually decent value it seems.

If you want to travel by train or car or any other method then fine, but why do you have to complain about the NCFC coaches, ''club cabbage'' is just insulting to the people who use those coaches.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well the fans on here, who continually moan about the coach service offered by the club. You may or may not have noticed two posters on here recently trying to arrange there own coach travel, and finding it to be very expensive, so the deal NCFC offer, is actually decent value it seems. If you want to travel by train or car or any other method then fine, but why do you have to complain about the NCFC coaches, ''club cabbage'' is just insulting to the people who use those coaches.[/quote]

Insulting?

A printed A4 sized note affixed to the windows next to the passenger doors of the first few ''cabbage'' coaches, stating, "Regular Away Supporters Only".....What''s all that about?.....

On an occasion when arriving early to catch a cabbage, being informed by some self-appointed ''usher'' when we were about to sit in some vacant/unoccupied/unclaimed seats aboard a ''cabbage'' charabanc..."Can''t sit there chum, they aren''t here yet, but that''s Billy''s, Bob''s, Beryl''s or Brian''s seat.....He/she or they, always sit there"....

I''m sure there are many decent ''cabbages'' who travel on ''club cabbage''.....Although, it''s certainly not for me.....But, do feel free to defend those that travel on cabbage....

I have travelled a few times when none of my usual cohorts want to go, picked up the coach each time at Barton Mills, never had a problem with it, A sight better and cheaper than driving alone. On each occasion I have known people on board also. Its a historic thing to knock the service.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I had the misfortune of travelling on it once......I''ve never been the same.....since.

[/quote]

That literally made me ''lol'' [:)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think the club should stop offering the coach service because of how ungrateful Norwich fans are....[/quote]Fair enough if it was free... pretty sure its a paid service, people can moan all they like but as long as the club is making the money I doubt they are too worried!

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I think the club should stop offering the coach service because of how ungrateful Norwich fans are....[/quote]Fair enough if it was free... pretty sure its a paid service, people can moan all they like but as long as the club is making the money I doubt they are too worried! [/quote]Club Cabbage is a legendary institution a bit like Canary Call.........everyone moans like hell about it but people still travel by coach as they still listen to the radio.Quite agree that punters can moan as much as they like if it''s a free service but NCFC must make a tidy sum running the service so they''re certainly not going to throw their toys out of the pram and stop running the thing. Besides, I''m sure the marketing boys at Carrow Road won''t have failed to notice that coach travel is suddenly a whole new ball game now they''re selling a Premiership brand club. It''s now Premiership bums on Premiership seats on Premiership coaches powered by Premiership diesel.Like everything else get ready for a price hike.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="birchfest"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I think the club should stop offering the coach service because of how ungrateful Norwich fans are....[/quote]

Fair enough if it was free... pretty sure its a paid service, people can moan all they like but as long as the club is making the money I doubt they are too worried!
[/quote]

Club Cabbage is a legendary institution a bit like Canary Call.........everyone moans like hell about it but people still travel by coach as they still listen to the radio.

Quite agree that punters can moan as much as they like if it''s a free service but NCFC must make a tidy sum running the service so they''re certainly not going to throw their toys out of the pram and stop running the thing. Besides, I''m sure the marketing boys at Carrow Road won''t have failed to notice that coach travel is suddenly a whole new ball game now they''re selling a Premiership brand club. It''s now Premiership bums on Premiership seats on Premiership coaches powered by Premiership diesel.

Like everything else get ready for a price hike.....
[/quote]

Premiership diesel? Can''t the coaches go green and be converted to run on cabbage water?......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Premiership diesel? Can''t the coaches go green and be converted to run on cabbage water?......

[/quote]Excellent suggestion! Going back to the OP''s query on comfort breaks why bother to stop for a break at all ? The on-board WC would provide a handy reserve of bio-degadable fuel - should the cabbage harvest fail - and fans on board the now non-stop service could be under constant NCFC surveillance in compliance with Premiership-enhanced club policy regarding troublemakers.Really green too......or might that just be the passengers gasping in the thick fumes ? A piffling inconvenience nonetheless.....

Do any of the non-Cabbage contingent ever slow down when passing the Cabbages of Holt buses to have a crafty look at all the enjoyment going on inside?

It’s been a topic of conversation for nearly twenty years about what goes on inside, as none of our tribe has ever plucked up courage for themselves and the rumours have been quite frightening?

The dungeon / gimp scene in Pulp Fiction is often mentioned, a few seasons back we even had a Duelling Banjos recording to play when the first bus popped into sight.

Is life aboard the Cabbage as really as incestuous in ‘all’ the ways as we think?