Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc26

Why is Ruddy not in the England Squad?

Current England Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Man City) undisputed number 1 and pretty much untouchable at the minute.

Robert Green (West Ham) playing in the championship not really good enough anymore imo

David Stockdale (Fullham on loan at 1p5wich) says it all really cant get a game for Fullham so is loaned out to or neighbours up the road but why if he is so good is he not on loan to a PL team?

I really cant believe that Ruddy is not in the squad as Number 2 let alonne not in it at all!

More than anything it shows the paucity in talent in England for GK''s at the moment. Not long ago we relied on Calamity James. Did anyone watch his performance yesterday? Truly pathetic. Only Hart looks anywhere near good enough.

England are far from blessed in the goalkeeping department at the moment.

Hart is number one by default more than anything-yes, he is more than competent, but it would be good if he had someone of a similar level of ability to put some sort of pressure on him and provide some competition.

Its very much of a muchness afterwards-Stockdales inclusion, now and previously, is testimony to that, loaned out previously, loaned out again this season (suspect Ipswich have option to buy him if they are promoted) and not even playing in Premier League.

Carson was the great hope for a while but his career has floundered-his initial ability was undoubted, and Liverpool obviously had great hopes for him, but maybe he went there too soon and lost his confidence and, with it, that extra edge that makes you an exceptional goalkeeper rather than merely a "good" one. Exactly the same could be said about Kirkland, he was lauded at an early age, he also got the big move to Liverpool.

Robinson should have been the biggest rival to Hart even now, but something went wrong with his game at Tottenham and, again, it looks like he lost a lot of self belief and confidence as a result. And he''s yet another who hit the big time at a very early age, Leeds, at the time, unfeasibly choosing him ahead of Martyn.

Foster and Green as well-you look at Hart and there are 6 goalkeepers bobbing along in his wake, all of them youung, English-and, it seems, not good enough for England.

Then there are the up and coming ones, Fielding is one-Ruddy will be a long way down the list at the moment, but, if he does well this season, he can climb it at the expense of others.

What remains my concern is that we have Rudd and Steer, both highly valued and respected, both thought to have a bright future in the game. But we can''t keep both of them indefinitely. Even if Ruddy leaves or is injured and one of them becomes 1st choice in his absence (assuming Lambert didn''t get a replacement) for how long would the other be content to remain on the bench?

Rudd and Steer-who stays, who ultimately goes?

[quote user="Ncfc26"]

Current England Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Man City) undisputed number 1 and pretty much untouchable at the minute.

Robert Green (West Ham) playing in the championship not really good enough anymore imo

David Stockdale (Fullham on loan at 1p5wich) says it all really cant get a game for Fullham so is loaned out to or neighbours up the road but why if he is so good is he not on loan to a PL team?

I really cant believe that Ruddy is not in the squad as Number 2 let alonne not in it at all!

[/quote]I can''t believe Fraser Forster isn''t in the squad with Ruddy as back-up.

[quote user="Ncfc26"]Foster is retired so he can spend time with his family and no im not on a wind up[/quote]That was the ''official'' reason, didn''t he complain that he thought he should be first choice shortly before retiring.

Just read an article re Newcastle keppers number 1 Tim Krul 2 Steve Harper

is there someone missing?

If we can stay in the Premiership I don''t think we''ll have too much problem keeping Rudd and Steer as backup for 3 maybe 4 seasons, as long as 1 of them is always going out on loan. If neither has proved themselves to be worth moving ahead of Ruddy or taking his place if he moves on by then, then I think it''ll be time for one or both of them to move on.

As for Ruddy if he can put on a few good performances at the start of the season it could be fairly easy for him to get into the England squad before Christmas. They''re having to beg the likes of Green to carry on playing international football because there are so few English keepers with top level experience.

The next England manager needs to have a good knowledge of English players and English football. Please!

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]The next England manager needs to have a good knowledge of English players and English football. Please![/quote]

You mean you hope the next England Manager will think more like you do AJ? :-)

This is a joke right?!!!! First the ''Holt for England'' post and now this!!! I again love Ruddy and hate it when the fans get on his back but bloody hell,England, no way!!! It''s nothing to do with us being unfashionable and everything to do with the fact that he''s barely played any top flight football yet.

Joe Hart - England No 1 for the next 10-15 years

Robert Green - Still good enough despite what some bitter Canaries might think

Ben Foster - Good enough back up since he has revealed he''s up for playing again

Scott Carson - Well.....Maybe!

Frank Feilding - Involved with the U''21''s and ahead of Ruddy in the pecking order

Joe Lewis - Watch this space with our ex academy player

Ruddy will never play for England, trust me

If Robert Green is so good why has he not been snapped up by a premiership team?

OH YEAH BECAUSE HE IS CRAP

[quote user="gary_critter"]

Robert Green - Still good enough despite what some bitter Canaries might think

- Obviously didn''t see the West Ham game today.Joe Lewis - Watch this space with our ex academy player - Any Peterborough fan would disagree with you [/quote]

[quote user="gary_critter"]This is a joke right?!!!! First the ''Holt for England'' post and now this!!! I again love Ruddy and hate it when the fans get on his back but bloody hell,England, no way!!! It''s nothing to do with us being unfashionable and everything to do with the fact that he''s barely played any top flight football yet. Joe Hart - England No 1 for the next 10-15 years Robert Green - Still good enough despite what some bitter Canaries might think Ben Foster - Good enough back up since he has revealed he''s up for playing again Scott Carson - Well.....Maybe! Frank Feilding - Involved with the U''21''s and ahead of Ruddy in the pecking order Joe Lewis - Watch this space with our ex academy player Ruddy will never play for England, trust me[/quote]

For me, it has nothing to do with being bittter. I loved the fact Green was England''s number 1 keeper for a while and even after his blunder in the world cup, I said that I would still like to see him in goal for the next game, rather than him being dropped for James who had made many blunders in his career. However, last season he was a shadow of his former self and even today he should have done a hell of a lot better with Cardiff''s winning goal, if that would have been Ruddy, this message board would be going mad. Fair enough, Ruddy shouldn''t be in the England squad, but I can''t agree with anyone who says that Green is still good enough to be picked for England, and on a side note, those who have said that the club should bring him back to Norwich.

I agree, Green should have done better with that goal today but he''s had a shocking defence in front of him for the past 2 years and that can seriously damage a keepers confidence, that considering I think he''s done alright and I bet that within a year or 2 he''ll be talked about as a top quality keeper once more.

Premiership sides did bid for Green by the way, they just got turned down

[quote user="Ncfc26"]

If Robert Green is so good why has he not been snapped up by a premiership team?

OH YEAH BECAUSE HE IS CRAP

[/quote]

Haha, you should work for a tabloid

[quote user="Old Shuck"] Robinson should have been the biggest rival to Hart even now, but something went wrong with his game at Tottenham and, again, it looks like he lost a lot of self belief and confidence as a result.  [/quote]

Robinson has lost confidence in the manager and the England setup in general. He knows what most of us know - Fabio has made a mess of it.

I believe he is known to actually be able to think for himself (seemingly unlike many big time footballers these days) and shrewdly waited to declare his "retirement" from international football when Fabio was short of options and needed Robinson to help him out - after having totally overlooked him in the build up to the World Cup.

I still think Ruddy will get into the squad at somepoint. I think Foster and Robinson have both retired, Carson appears to have ruled himself out with this move to Turkey and Green doesnt sound too keen to play again either and I think he will retire from internationals before too long. As others say in terms of number one spot Hart is good enough for me but other than that with the players who havvnt retired there is nothing there and by my count Ruddy and Hart are the only two first choice english keepers who are still available for international call up. So you would think Ruddy would get a call up at some point.I have to say also I do think Green could have done better with the Cardiff goal today, but how nice was it to see Wet Spam lose. My mates who support them seem to think it will be a walk in the park for them this season and think Norwich will come straight back down so im hoping the arrogant twats do a leeds and remain in that league or lower with that athletics stadium there getting being half empty