Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Shock...horror !! Murdoch rag predicts 13th place finish for City

It''s the week before the Premiership KO so it''s prediction time again in the sports pages.....One Sunday national today  has us finishing in 13th place, above the likes of Newcastle and Bolton and only one place below Villa. The journo says :Paul Lambert : " After two promotions in two seasons this decade''s Martin O''Neill can probably walk on a fen " ( er.....maybe not in Norwich though )If they were a country : " New Zealand.....out of the way but that''s no reason they can''t compete "The article concludes by saying : " Great spirit, superb home support and one of football''s brightest young managers "Almost all the other papers I''ve read have us down as dead men walking with relegation inevitable, probably by Christmas. I think we''d all be more than happy if do manage to finish above the bottom third but has anyone seen a Fleet St similarly comfortably safe prediction like this ?

i think you should give as much time (and worth) to these predictions

as the said journalists give to writing, or researching, them

Okay, they''re all entitled to their opinions but some of their reasons are very strange.  One national paper had us in 20th while Swansea up in mid-table stating the Swans were the best footballing side in the Championship.Really? Yeah they are a good passing side, but if they were the best footballing side they would''ve won the title.

Piers Morgan in the MoS predicted that we will finish above Swansea, Wigan and QPR, who will be relegated. I go along with that but expect us to also finish above Wolves and Newcastle.