Sign in to follow this  
Mahogany

Press Predicitons

Thought it might be nice to collate all of the predictions made by the papers etc as to how well we are going to do this season. Just to kick it off I''ve seen a couple today:

The Observer - 12th

Eurosport - relegation

Chaps on Sunday Supplement this morning were saying QPR, Wigan, Blackburn as their bottom 3 and that Norwich are the best equipped of the promoted 3 teams.

Would be interesting to collate all the predictions from the media and the experts and mean it out...

Just from memory i would suggest it would be somewhere around 17th.

However, thats not to say we cant achieve a higher position. With Lambert in charge and a bit of luck with injuries etc who knows!?

I''m intrigued to hear Mark Lawrenson''s predictions for us this year... he''s probably been ignoring our results since he predicted we would be relegated to League 2!

Both Lawrenson and Savage tipped the binners for promotiomn yesterday on Football Focus - lets hope that they mainatin their failn ratio with regards to predictions.

All these predictions stating we will finish a few places above the relegation, are just putting huge amounts of pressure on us.

I expect us to stay up safely, but many other Norwichs fans would be happy to scrap 17th place (I would be happy, i just expect us to do much better than that). But with the national media also actually doing some research means that more people are becoming aware that we are a decent team and should stay up easily, if some of the bottom half teams from last season don''t drastically up their performances this season.

I''ve heard/read many comments about how people don''t know our strengths, our players are underrated etc etc etc. But thats just not true anymore, beginning of last season, maybe even midway through it was partially true. But every time i watched the FLS (only a couple of times) they were singing our praises. When we were on TV for live games, same thing. With predictions like finishing 14th etc, that means that people do obviously know that something is working at Carrow Road and that it will keep us up comfortably.