Sign in to follow this  
87canary

Holt going to Leicester

Canaryranger you plum McNally really couldn''t hide the fact he had sold Holt to Leicester, I think fans would notice

Harry you bigger plum - McNally could hide the fact the club accepted a bid, but hadn''t discussed it with holt. That''s what happens all the time at clubs. Then they discuss it with the player and he says yay or nay.

From todays Pinkun story..

"The Canaries’ reigning player-of-the-year has so far scored 65 league goals during his stay in Norfolk – including a memorable hat-trick against archrivals Ipswich last season"

..erm, no he hasn''t, not far off though ! haha

I''ve changed my mind about you Canaryranger, you are more like a pair of plums (well you talk it anyway) McNally wouldn''t have denied the story if there was some truth in it he would have kept quiet about it, he''s to much of a shrewd operator to put himself in a position where fans don''t trust what he says.

How I see it... my opinion Leicester may have banged a high bid in for Holt.  Obviously we have/will turn down.  Bid leaked to the Mail and the cretins have assumed we''ll consider selling.All I can say is, well done McNasty for knocking it on the head. And anyway past managers have said before.  If other teams come sniffing around for you first teamers, you must be doing something right. 

Sky Sports.com understands  Leicester did approach Norwich about Holt , maybe Mr Henderson was not making it all up .

[quote user="Prem1"]Sky Sports.com understands  Leicester did approach Norwich about Holt , maybe Mr Henderson was not making it all up .[/quote]If every paper ran a story on every approach/inquiry it''d fill the entire paper up.  The crucial point was, the story was based on the fact that Holt was on the verge of leaving for £2m, which obviously is wrong.

[quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="Prem1"]Sky Sports.com understands  Leicester did approach Norwich about Holt , maybe Mr Henderson was not making it all up .
[/quote]

If every paper ran a story on every approach/inquiry it''d fill the entire paper up.  The crucial point was, the story was based on the fact that Holt was on the verge of leaving for £2m, which obviously is wrong.
[/quote]

---

Strictly speaking, the point of the story was that we had accepted a bid (supposedly of £2m) and that was all that McNally denied. He didn''t comment on whether there had been an approach.

PS Gene, loved you in The Ghost and Mrs Muir, and Laura of course. You [*]and Dana Andrews,[*] eh! Hard to tell from those christian names which is the male lead and which the female...[;)]

This is exactly correct. The Scummer actually stated we had accepted the offer from Leicester.

Binner is found guilty and sentenced to watching every game at Portaloo in silence. Should feel at home!!

if the story was true and was put to grant i think the response would have been very negative. no way would he want to leave us and our premiership venture to go and play in the 2nd tier for at least one more season.

Harry, Harry, Harry...

Do you think McNally gives a shit about the fans! Shrewd maybe but once the story was leaked, the only response he could make was to quash it and say holt''s not for sale.

There was an approach and just watch this space for any move to Leicester.

Oh, and to = direction, too = excess amount of.

[quote user="Canaryranger"]Oh, and to = direction, too = excess amount of.[/quote]Oh and Holt has a capital H. No comma required after "and" either.Must try harder.Binner.

[quote user="Canaryranger"]Harry, Harry, Harry...

Do you think McNally gives a shit about the fans! Shrewd maybe but once the story was leaked, the only response he could make was to quash it and say holt''s not for sale.

There was an approach and just watch this space for any move to Leicester.

Oh, and to = direction, too = excess amount of.[/quote]You fucking wind-up merchant.Don''t even pretend we would ever accept a bid from Leicester for our main player. Clearly you suffer from some sort of mental incapability, or you just enjoy being a grade A cunt on football forums.I very, VERY highly doubt you are a NCFC fan.

[quote user="Canaryranger"]Harry, Harry, Harry... Do you think McNally gives a shit about the fans! Shrewd maybe but once the story was leaked, the only response he could make was to quash it and say holt''s not for sale. There was an approach and just watch this space for any move to Leicester. Oh, and to = direction, too = excess amount of.[/quote]

McNally didn''t need to respond at all. If the club accepted the bid, surely it would have made more sense for McNally to keep quiet and let the deal go through instead of saying that the article was not true, implying that a bid had not been accepted, only to then look like a fool when Holt leaves for £2 million. As it was however, Leicester may have made a bid, but I trust that McNally when he says that the article was not true and that "our captian is not for sale" over some random Journalist who gets paid to write stories regardless of whether they are correct or not; just ask Bethnal who works in the media, he will tell you not believe everything you read...

The Daily Fail have taken the story down. Says it all really.A fabricated story by a scummer that was outed as such on here within minutes of it appearing.

[quote user="Herb"]The Daily Fail have taken the story down. Says it all really.
A fabricated story by a scummer that was outed as such on here within minutes of it appearing.

[/quote]

Perfectly put Herb. Quite perfect.

As it was a clear attempt to unsettle the club/fans just before the new season, I wonder if the club has any legal recourse?I mean, does the journo get himself off the hook by using the old "a source said" and just saying "well some bloke told me that, so I reported it"Because if so, I think a rumour of a new Paul Jewell sex tape involving donkeys* is probably in order.Anyone know a redtop reporter?*that''ll be the entire Ipswich squad, then.

Brilliant!

You''ve rumbled me - I live in a blue and white shed just down the road from the north stand.

I am actually a Norwich fan, but not one of those deluded fans who think life revolves around the club. Football is a job and a business and the fans don''t really mean that much to the club. They''re just kept sweet so they keep pumping money into the club on matchdays and in the club shop.

Back to the issue, who cares if Holt goes? If he stays, I doubt he''ll score more than 6 this season. Cash in for the past it striker and get a proven prem striker.

[quote user="Canaryranger"]

Back to the issue, who cares if Holt goes? If he stays, I doubt he''ll score more than 6 this season. Cash in for the past it striker and get a proven prem striker.[/quote]Admit it, you have just bought your first Norwich shirt after supporting Chelsea for the past five years and Liverpool for the five years after that. Thankfully there will be little danger of you actually stepping foot in Carrow Road next year.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Canaryranger"]

Back to the issue, who cares if Holt goes? If he stays, I doubt he''ll score more than 6 this season. Cash in for the past it striker and get a proven prem striker.[/quote]Admit it, you have just bought your first Norwich shirt after supporting Chelsea for the past five years and Liverpool for the five years after that. Thankfully there will be little danger of you actually stepping foot in Carrow Road next year.[/quote]*before

[quote user="Canaryranger"]Brilliant!

You''ve rumbled me - I live in a blue and white shed just down the road from the north stand.

I am actually a Norwich fan, but not one of those deluded fans who think life revolves around the club. Football is a job and a business and the fans don''t really mean that much to the club. They''re just kept sweet so they keep pumping money into the club on matchdays and in the club shop.

Back to the issue, who cares if Holt goes? If he stays, I doubt he''ll score more than 6 this season. Cash in for the past it striker and get a proven prem striker.[/quote]

Binner alert i think. No Norwich supporter over the last couple of years would be looking to get rid of big Grant. Blue and white wind up time

[quote user="Canaryranger"]Brilliant!

Back to the issue, who cares if Holt goes? If he stays, I doubt he''ll score more than 6 this season. Cash in for the past it striker and get a proven prem striker.[/quote]

*Yawn Yawn* ..... When do the kids go back to school ???

[quote user="Canaryranger"]Brilliant! You''ve rumbled me - I live in a blue and white shed just down the road from the north stand. I am actually a Norwich fan, but not one of those deluded fans who think life revolves around the club. Football is a job and a business and the fans don''t really mean that much to the club. They''re just kept sweet so they keep pumping money into the club on matchdays and in the club shop. Back to the issue, who cares if Holt goes? If he stays, I doubt he''ll score more than 6 this season. Cash in for the past it striker and get a proven prem striker.[/quote]

You are Sven Goran Eriksson and I claim my five pounds!

Ok doky Harry - I''ll go and get a life and leave you to make a really cool Norwich themed signature graphic with your own name on it. Not single by any chance are you?